• Group:  Newbie
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

This past week I came across Ps 27:14

Wait on the LORD: be of good courage, and He shall strength thine heart: wait I say, on the LORD. (Kjv)

my question is how to do you know to just wait and let God work in your life situations or take action. Because it has happened before in my life where I "waited" on God and missed certain opportunities. How do I know when to wait or take action?

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  186
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,242
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  30

What does a waiter do?  He waits on tables.  To do that he must be moving, serving water and giving menus, taking orders for beverages, serving and taking orders for food, serving, returning for refills etc.  This person is constantly busy, always ready to take directions or instructions, but rarely able to take a rest.  

We wait on God as His servants.  But we are about our Father's business.  We go where His loving mercy draws us.  

• Praise God! 2

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  38
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,058
  • Content Per Day:  0.41
  • Days Won:  5

Hello @Micah Son,

Thank you for drawing our attention to Psalm 27.  What a lovely psalm this is, isn't it? 

David is expressing his confidence in the Lord, in the light of psalm 18, which was written following the Lord's deliverance of David from all his enemies and from Saul. It is written by David of the true David, the coming Messiah, Christ Jesus our risen Lord. Which makes the words you have highlighted, for each one of us, gloriously true.

'Wait on the LORD: 
be of good courage, 
and he shall strengthen thine heart: 
wait, I say, on the LORD.'

(Psa 27:14)  

Paul, when writing to the Philippians, who, like Himself were suffering for their faith, and undergoing great hardship for Jesus Name, exhorted them in (4:1) to:- 'stand fast in the Lord': which has the same thought as Psa. 27:14 I believe; of patient endurance in face of trial (see also the verses that follow in Phil. 4):-

'Therefore, 
my brethren 
dearly beloved and longed for, 
my joy and crown, 
so stand fast in the Lord, 
my dearly beloved.'

Praise God!

With love in Christ Jesus

Chris

Edited by Christine
  • Thumbs Up 1

• 3 weeks later...

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  41
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  686
  • Content Per Day:  0.30
  • Days Won:  0

On ‎11‎/‎25‎/‎2018 at 3:50 PM, Micah Son said:

How do I know when to wait or take action?

Here's some verses about prayer, I just used them in another question, but it seems to be good here to.

James chapter 5 verse 17 Elijah was a man just like us. He prayed earnestly that it would not rain, and it did not rain on the land for three and a half years.

Luke chapter 18 verse 1  Then Jesus told his disciples a parable to show them that they should always pray and not give up. 

Isaiah chapter 62 verse 6 I have posted watchmen on your walls, Jerusalem; they will never be silent day or night. You who call on the LORD, give yourselves no rest, 

1 Chronicles chapter 4

10 Jabez cried out to the God of Israel, “Oh, that you would bless me and enlarge my territory! Let your hand be with me, and keep me from harm so that I will be free from pain.” And God granted his request.

Daniel chapter 9 verse 18
Give ear, our God, and hear; open your eyes and see the desolation of the city that bears your Name. We do not make requests of you because we are righteous, but because of your great mercy.

2 Kings chapter 20 verse 5 "Go back and tell Hezekiah, the leader of My people, 'This is what the LORD, the God of your father David, says: I have heard your prayer; I have seen your tears. I will surely heal you. On the third day from now you will go up to the house of the LORD.