• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  35
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,533
  • Content Per Day:  0.56
  • Days Won:  1

Just now, Butero said:

Enoch and Elijah are likely the two witnesses in Revelation, given that it is appointed unto man once to die and then the judgment.  They are the only two that never saw physical death, but are in heaven.  Those who have known physical death have their body resting in the ground, but their soul is in heaven.

But Paul is then in contradiction if soul sleep is false. Our souls can't exist without a body, Gen 2:7. Our spirits which is God's breath go to be with the Lord, not our souls.

2 minutes ago, Butero said:

I oppose OSAS because it is a false doctrine, just like soul sleep is a false doctrine.  They are both dangerous to the body of Christ.  

Not really, what's dangerous is believing in the movie Ghost and depending on our works to save us

• Thumbs Up 1

Just now, Butero said:

Let me put this to you.  I once started a thread asking others to explain the clear distinction between soul and spirit, and everyone admitted this was a mystery they didn't fully understand.  Are you able to do so?  We know a person is a three part being:  body, soul and spirit.  Can you explain each one?  Is the soul the real us or is the spirit the real us?  Are all people, even sinners, a three part being?  

If you discern Gen 2:7 properly we can see it clearly.

Flesh/body came first, then spirit, then soul.

The conclusion is that the spirit and soul cannot exist without flesh/body.

The truth is easy if we take it for what it says,

why do you think Paul refers to our flesh/body as a tent?

Gen 2:7 Then the LORD God formed a man from the dust of the ground and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life, and the man became a living being.

1 minute ago, Butero said:

The movie "Ghost" was a new age way of looking at things, as a person was saved that was a fornicator and didn't know Jesus.  The other person was lost because he was a wicked individual.  It also taught the new age doctrine that souls could be trapped in this world, where the Bible says that to be absent from the body is to be present with the Lord.  I do believe that what goes to heaven is similar to what we see in a movie like "Ghost," but I don't believe that their destination is based on nothing but living a good, moral life, and I don't believe they hang around on earth.  

Well, we don't exist as wind in heaven

That doesn't really answer what I asked you.  I am asking you to explain who is the real you.  Is it the soul or spirit?  I don't see why the spirit and soul can't exist without the body.  Explain why that is the case?  

They are both real, but the only reason we have a soul and spirit is because of the breath of life that was breathed into our flesh/body. Gen 2:7 is all you need to confirm this.

1 minute ago, Butero said:

Is the soul or spirit our personality?  Does a sinner have a spirit, or only a Christian?  Why can't the soul or spirit or both exist outside the body?  

Yes, our soul and spirit has a will and emotions.

Yes, a sinner has a spirit because of the breath of life, but their spirit is not reconciled to God until Rom 10:9. Dead to God, alive in sin.

They can't exist without the body because that was God's plan from the beginning, Gen 2:7.

There's a reason the flesh/body goes before spirit and soul.

Just now, Butero said:

Okay, the soul and spirit has a will and emotions.  How do you define the soul as opposed to the spirit?  Are they really the same thing, and if not, what are the differences?  

I believe the soul and the spirit have different characteristics being that they are two different words and definitions.

Remember, a spirit is not a human person, an individual until he becomes a soul.

pneuma: wind, spirit
Original Word: πνεῦμα, ατος, τό
Part of Speech: Noun, Neuter
Transliteration: pneuma
Phonetic Spelling: (pnyoo'-mah)
Definition: wind, spirit
Usage: wind, breath, spirit.

psuché: breath, the soul
Original Word: ψυχή, ῆς, ἡ
Part of Speech: Noun, Feminine
Transliteration: psuché
Phonetic Spelling: (psoo-khay')
Definition: breath, the soul
Usage: (a) the vital breath, breath of life, (b) the human soul, (c) the soul as the seat of affections and will, (d) the self, (e) a human person, an individual.

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.33
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

1 hour ago, Heb 13:8 said:

Know, you're telling me to continue in Him with my filthy rags of self righteousness. We are nothing but worms friend

Others here already know exactly how  I see myself apart from Christ . Nothing but a filthy beast .

Nothing good dwells n my flesh,  THUS we BETTER FOLLOW THE ONLY GOODNESS WE HAVE , which is HIS SPIRIT ,  we better learn from HIM and follow and obey HIM

faithful to the end .  WHO we obey is our master ,who we follow is our master ,   And if we don't follow HIM , continuing in HIM we are cast out .

Who is this who kicks against the pricks ,  BOW before JESUS and not men ,  and HE shall guide thee all the days of thy life .  

You point to Mens acryonms,    I POINT TO CHRIST .    Better we make our calling and election sure NOW , make sure its CHRIST we follow

and not an image men have created .  Is it any wonder men are stumbling and fumbling all over themselves .  THEY HEED MEN

who teach an acronym,  THAT paul , james , NOR CHRIST ever taught .   WE must preach JESUS ONLY SAVES , and to continue in HIM or be cast out .

Your osas men have to even change what paul taught the CHURCH itself .

Had it been once saved always saved ,  PAUL would have simply said Behold the goodness of GOD .  You saved all is well now run along .

HE did not say that . HE said to behold both the goodness and severity of GOD .   On those who FELL severity , he cast them out of their own tree,

THAT TREE, IS CHRIST in case anyone aint figured that out yet .  THEN he turns around and says to the BELIEVERS

And goodness towards you , IF you continue in HIS GOODNESS otherwise YOU CAST OUT . JUST LIKE JESUS HAD SAID TOO .

And their is hope for those who are cast out , IF they remain not in unbelief .   So long as a man or woman lives in the pleasure of sin , THEY ARE DEAD so long as they live

n that sin . SAME as the SON who while he lived in sin , WAs dead .   THEIR was a reason why PAUL would say LET ALL WHO NAME the NAME of CHRIST depart from inquity.

Their was a reason he said do not let these things be once named among you .  FOR SO LONG as a man lives in pleasure , HE IS TRULY DEAD WHILE HE LIVES IN THAT PLEASURE .

ANY believer in a willful sin , YOU BETER DO EVERYTHING to warn them to repent .   THEY cant stay in that sin , without repentance and just living like the hog

And be counted ALIVE .  NOPE THEY DEAD while they in that sin .  YOU remember , I warned you this today .   Most folks would of today

would be yelling at paul when he even warned , saying HEY YOU WORKS EARNER ,  ya don't KNOW JESUS , ya aint walking in faith .  

Don't ya know we always saved .    WE BETTER LEARN our bibles and stop heeding the men of today .

Just now, frienduff thaylorde said:

Others here already know exactly how  I see myself apart from Christ . Nothing but a filthy beast .

Nothing good dwells n my flesh,  THUS we BETTER FOLLOW THE ONLY GOODNESS WE HAVE , which is HIS SPIRIT ,  we better learn from HIM and follow and obey HIM

faithful to the end .  WHO we obey is our master ,who we follow is our master ,   And if we don't follow HIM , continuing in HIM we are cast out .

Who is this who kicks against the pricks ,  BOW before JESUS and not men ,  and HE shall guide thee all the days of thy life .  

You point to Mens acryonms,    I POINT TO CHRIST .    Better we make our calling and election sure NOW , make sure its CHRIST we follow

and not an image men have created .  Is it any wonder men are stumbling and fumbling all over themselves .  THEY HEED MEN

who teach an acronym,  THAT paul , james , NOR CHRIST ever taught .   WE must preach JESUS ONLY SAVES , and to continue in HIM or be cast out .

Your osas men have to even change what paul taught the CHURCH itself .

Had it been once saved always saved ,  PAUL would have simply said Behold the goodness of GOD .  You saved all is well now run along .

HE did not say that . HE said to behold both the goodness and severity of GOD .   On those who FELL severity , he cast them out of their own tree,

THAT TREE, IS CHRIST in case anyone aint figured that out yet .  THEN he turns around and says to the BELIEVERS

And goodness towards you , IF you continue in HIS GOODNESS otherwise YOU CAST OUT . JUST LIKE JESUS HAD SAID TOO .

And their is hope for those who are cast out , IF they remain not in unbelief .   So long as a man or woman lives in the pleasure of sin , THEY ARE DEAD so long as they live

n that sin . SAME as the SON who while he lived in sin , WAs dead .   THEIR was a reason why PAUL would say LET ALL WHO NAME the NAME of CHRIST depart from inquity.

Their was a reason he said do not let these things be once named among you .  FOR SO LONG as a man lives in pleasure , HE IS TRULY DEAD WHILE HE LIVES IN THAT PLEASURE .

ANY believer in a willful sin , YOU BETER DO EVERYTHING to warn them to repent .   THEY cant stay in that sin , without repentance and just living like the hog

And be counted ALIVE .  NOPE THEY DEAD while they in that sin .  YOU remember , I warned you this today .   Most folks would of today

would be yelling at paul when he even warned , saying HEY YOU WORKS EARNER ,  ya don't KNOW JESUS , ya aint walking in faith .  

Don't ya know we always saved .    WE BETTER LEARN our bibles and stop heeding the men of today .

friend, you can warn them without adding loss of salvation to your doctrine. it's called sanctification, discipline, anointing and godly sorrow.

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.33
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

1 minute ago, Heb 13:8 said:

friend, you can warn them without adding loss of salvation to your doctrine. it's called sanctification, discipline, anointing and godly sorrow.

Loss of salvation is a real possibility.  They need to know that.

If a man continues not in CHRIST the savoir the one who is able to keep us from falling ,  They are cast out .

JESUS IS THE TREE , we are the branches .  If a man continues not in ME , he is cast out , cut off .

DOES THAT SOUND LIKE THEY GOT SALVATION if they are no longer PART OF HE WHO DOES AND DID THE SAVING .    OH YES butero , IT IS POSSIBLE to lose it ALL. 

• Thumbs Up 1