• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  606
  • Content Per Day:  0.30
  • Days Won:  0

15 minutes ago, Heb 13:8 said:
9 hours ago, discipler777 said:

Imagine a new young Gentile Christian believer like 'Blood Bought 1953' dying while he/she still "enjoys sinning very much" - once saved always saved.?

No, it's actually the non believer that enjoys sin, the believer obtains Godly sorrow since he has the indwelling Holy Spirit.

On 11/23/2018 at 9:31 AM, Blood Bought 1953 said:

“ there is pleasure in sin—— for a season” That is perhaps Satan’s most successful trick.As a young Believer I still enjoyed sinning very much, If we did not enjoy our sins, it would not be a problem at all.It was what happened AFTER the sinning that convinced me it was not worth it.That is God’s transforming power that changes one from the inside out. Somebody can stand behind us and beat us with a whip to keep the sin from happenning in the first place but that does not affect the DESIRE.......that is what God is after.We can change the outside of the cup to fool many and look like good little Christians .Hypocrasy starts at this very point. Trusting God to do what He said He would do is real faith.REAL Christianity too.

Seems, you have accused 'Blood Bought 1953' as being an unbeliever since he has stated that he enjoyed sinning very much.

2 minutes ago, Heb 13:8 said:

Believers actually don't belong to denominations,, they belong to Christ

Are you insinuating people that belong to denominational churches aren't saved???

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  35
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,533
  • Content Per Day:  0.56
  • Days Won:  1

4 hours ago, Butero said:

It is nice to find someone that understands who the elect are.

The elect are actually those who have come to faith in Jesus Christ, those who are truly born again. Who will bring any charge against the elect,. but the devil.

Rom 8:31-39 What, then, shall we say in response to these things? If God is for us, who can be against us? 32He who did not spare his own Son, but gave him up for us all—how will he not also, along with him, graciously give us all things? 33Who will bring any charge against those whom God has chosen? It is God who justifies. 34Who then is the one who condemns? No one. Christ Jesus who died—more than that, who was raised to life—is at the right hand of God and is also interceding for us. 35Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? Shall trouble or hardship or persecution or famine or nakedness or danger or sword? 36As it is written: “For your sake we face death all day long; we are considered as sheep to be slaughtered.” 37No, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him who loved us. 38For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, 39neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

4 hours ago, discipler777 said:

1TIMOTHY.1: (NKJV) Glory to God for His Grace

12 And I thank Christ Jesus our Lord who has enabled me, because He counted me faithful, putting me into the ministry, 13 although I was formerly a blasphemer, a persecutor, and an insolent man; but I obtained mercy because I did it ignorantly in unbelief. 14 And the grace of our Lord was exceedingly abundant, with faith and love which are in Christ Jesus. 15 This is a faithful saying and worthy of all acceptance, that Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners, of whom I am chief. 16 However, for this reason I obtained mercy, that in me first Jesus Christ might show all longsuffering, as a pattern to those who are going to believe on Him for everlasting life. 17 Now to the King eternal, immortal, invisible, to God who alone is wise, be honor and glory forever and ever. Amen.

Fight the Good Fight

18 This charge I commit to you, son Timothy, according to the prophecies previously made concerning you, that by them you may wage the good warfare, 19 having faith and a good conscience, which some having rejected, concerning the faith have suffered shipwreck, 20 of whom are Hymenaeus and Alexander, whom I delivered to Satan that they may learn not to blaspheme.

Once saved, Paul did not go and continue to blaspheme Jesus Christ/God/the Holy Spirit, persecute or martyr the early Jewish Christians and be insolent.

Later, Paul told Timothy to wage the good warfare, having faith and a good conscience(= morals) which a few believer had rejected, suffered a shipwrecked faith, ended up blaspheming God/Jesus and destroyed by Satan.

"Fighting the good fight" is in reference to receiving crowns and rewards at the Bema seat, not to save yourself.

2 minutes ago, Heb 13:8 said:

The elect are actually those who have come to faith in Jesus Christ, those who are truly born again. Who will bring any charge against the elect,. but the devil.

Rom 8:31-39 What, then, shall we say in response to these things? If God is for us, who can be against us? 32He who did not spare his own Son, but gave him up for us all—how will he not also, along with him, graciously give us all things? 33Who will bring any charge against those whom God has chosen? It is God who justifies. 34Who then is the one who condemns? No one. Christ Jesus who died—more than that, who was raised to life—is at the right hand of God and is also interceding for us. 35Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? Shall trouble or hardship or persecution or famine or nakedness or danger or sword? 36As it is written: “For your sake we face death all day long; we are considered as sheep to be slaughtered.” 37No, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him who loved us. 38For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, 39neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

Discipler had it right.  The elect are those God chose, and only He knows who they are.   To claim to be the elect based on something you did could come across to some as prideful.  

4 hours ago, JustPassingThru said:

To this day, 32 years later, those that teach we can lose our salvation have never been able to answer this question, let's see how far this goes here.

Also, how does one become unborn? 

Yup, or how does one un-bury themselves out of Christ death.

Rom 6:3-4 Or don’t you know that all of us who were baptized into Christ Jesus were baptized into his death? 4We were therefore buried with him through baptism into death in order that, just as Christ was raised from the dead through the glory of the Father, we too may live a new life.

• This is Worthy 1

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  606
  • Content Per Day:  0.30
  • Days Won:  0

11 minutes ago, Heb 13:8 said:

Yes, ....... only for those elect who remain abiding in Him or in Christ until their very end, ...

1JOHN.3: (NKJV) Sin and the Child of God

4 Whoever commits sin also commits lawlessness, and sin is lawlessness. 5 And you know that He was manifested to take away our sins, and in Him there is no sin. 6 Whoever abides in Him does not sin. Whoever sins has neither seen Him nor known Him.

7 Little children, let no one deceive you. He who practices righteousness is righteous, just as He is righteous. 8 He who sins is of the devil, for the devil has sinned from the beginning. For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that He might destroy the works of the devil. 9 Whoever has been born of God does not sin, for His seed remains in him; and he cannot sin, because he has been born of God.

Edited by discipler777

3 hours ago, Butero said:

I had a Grandmother who was RCC, and I fear for her soul.  I did get a chance to witness to her once, and she made it clear she was happy with her religion.  Still, she didn't go around bearing a false witness and behaving like some of these OSAS folks are doing, and as unlikely as it is she was truly saved, I believe there is a better chance for her than some of them.  That statement was meant to be strong, and not a endorsement of two cults.  

Have you repented yet from your hatred towards His saints? I'm doubting it, since your hatred is willful and spontaneous

"We have all fallen short of the Glory of God, even one sin that you've committed in your entire life places you in enmity with God and his saints. So how does one reconcile himself back to God, through belief in who Jesus says He is. He is God in the flesh who has died for your sins and has risen!. Don't just hear it, receive it." - Heb

• Praise God! 1

1 minute ago, Heb 13:8 said:

Have you repented yet from your hatred towards His saints? I'm doubting it, since your hatred is willful and spontaneous

1 minute ago, Heb 13:8 said:

I love the saints enough to try to turn them away from false doctrine.

1 hour ago, discipler777 said:

HEBREWS.11: (NKJV) By Faith We Understand

11 Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen. 2 For by it the elders obtained a good testimony.

Haven't you heard, the New Covenant is better than the old.    I wonder why.....

Heb 11:39-40 These were all commended for their faith, yet none of them received what had been promised, 40since God had planned something better for us so that only together with us would they be made perfect.