• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  35
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,533
  • Content Per Day:  0.56
  • Days Won:  1

32 minutes ago, Butero said:

You are forgiven of sins when you confess them.  See 1 John.

Eph 4:30 30And do not grieve the Holy Spirit of God, with whom you were sealed for the day of redemption. 

Eph 4:32 Be kind and compassionate to one another, forgiving each other, just as in Christ God forgave you.

1 Jhn 1:2 The life appeared; we have seen it and testify to it, and we proclaim to you the eternal life, which was with the Father and has appeared to us.

35 minutes ago, Butero said:

Imagine this.  Man gets saved through faith in Christ.  He joins a denominational church and starts trusting in it to keep him saved.  Is he eternally secure?

Well, if he's a babe in Christ he's more prone to believe lies I suppose. Eventually, he'll come to understand the blood of Christ saves and nothing else.

38 minutes ago, discipler777 said:

Yes, ....... only for those who have kept the faith or did not lose faith, did not deny or renounce the faith, depart from the faith, etc, until their very end.

2TIMOTHY.4:6-8 (NKJV) Paul’s Valedictory

6 For I am already being poured out as a drink offering, and the time of my departure is at hand. 7 I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith. 8 Finally, there is laid up for me the crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous Judge, will give to me on that Day, and not to me only but also to all who have loved His appearing.

Yes, and running the race is in reference to rewards and crowns, not saving yourself. We keep the faith because of the power of God in us, not because of our righteous acts.

2TIMOTHY.4:6-8 (NKJV) = Paul’s Valedictory

6 For I am already being poured out as a drink offering, and the time of my departure is at hand. 7 I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith. 8 Finally, there is laid up for me the crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous Judge, will give to me on that Day, and not to me only but also to all who have loved His appearing.

40 minutes ago, Butero said:

Nobody is saving themselves whether they believe OSAS or reject it.

But you're adding loss of salvation if we don't do this or that. you're focus always goes back on us and what we can do.

42 minutes ago, Butero said:

Hebrews 10 is about salvation.

Heb 10:1-18 is, showing us that Christ died once for sins, but you keep putting him back on the cross through unbelief. You lack confidence in that He will finish what He started.

Rom 8:38 For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers,

Phil 1:4-6 In all my prayers for all of you, I always pray with joy 5because of your partnership in the gospel from the first day until now, 6being confident of this, that he who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus.

Heb 10:19 Therefore, brothers and sisters, since we have confidence to enter the Most Holy Place by the blood of Jesus,

1 Jhn 5:9-14 We accept human testimony, but God’s testimony is greater because it is the testimony of God, which he has given about his Son. 10Whoever believes in the Son of God accepts this testimony. Whoever does not believe God has made him out to be a liar, because they have not believed the testimony God has given about his Son. 11And this is the testimony: God has given us eternal life, and this life is in his Son. 12Whoever has the Son has life; whoever does not have the Son of God does not have life. 13I write these things to you who believe in the name of the Son of God so that you may know that you have eternal life. 14This is the confidence we have in approaching God: that if we ask anything according to his will, he hears us.

48 minutes ago, Butero said:

Accusing people who belong to a denomination of being unsaved is a railing accusation.

Belonging to a denomination is not what keeps you unsaved. It's unbelief.

Jhn 3:16-18 For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. 17For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him. 18Whoever believes in him is not condemned, but whoever does not believe stands condemned already because they have not believed in the name of God’s one and only Son. 

• This is Worthy 1

49 minutes ago, Cletus said:

1Ti 4:1  Now the Spirit speaketh expressly, that in the latter times some shall depart from the faith, giving heed to seducing spirits, and doctrines of devils;

OSAS????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Because they never had saving faith to begin with, they were never born again.

pistis: faith, faithfulness
Original Word: πίστις, εως, ἡ
Part of Speech: Noun, Feminine
Transliteration: pistis
Phonetic Spelling: (pis'-tis)
Definition: faith, faithfulness
Usage: faith, belief, trust, confidence; fidelity, faithfulness.

1 Tim 4:3 They forbid people to marry and order them to abstain from certain foods, which God created to be received with thanksgiving by those who believe and who know the truth. 

2 Jhn 1:2 because of the truth, which lives in us and will be with us forever:

• Oy Vey! 1

46 minutes ago, Cletus said:

truth is OSAS is a doctrine of the devil... it teaches peple you can get born again, live like the devil and still be in Gods good grace... and whats it say about grace thru faith?  and 1Tim 4:1 speaks about those who depart from the faith... they abandon it.  apostasy.  walk away.  go another direction.  go their own way.  abandon the faith.  its all in The Bible.  you just have to study it out.  but its in there and plain as day. 

No, OSAS doesn't teach that. That's a lie from the devil. OSAS teaches sanctification, discipline and Godly sorrow through the Holy Spirit.

"That's how the devil works, he reverses the truth because he opposes God and the victory that's already won. " - Heb

• Thumbs Up 1

38 minutes ago, Butero said:

It is eternal for those who obtain it.  

through belief and confession only, Rom 10:9.

1 Jhn 5:9-14 We accept human testimony, but God’s testimony is greater because it is the testimony of God, which he has given about his Son. 10Whoever believes in the Son of God accepts this testimony. Whoever does not believe God has made him out to be a liar, because they have not believed the testimony God has given about his Son. 11And this is the testimony: God has given us eternal life, and this life is in his Son. 12Whoever has the Son has life; whoever does not have the Son of God does not have life. 13I write these things to you who believe in the name of the Son of God so that you may know that you have eternal life. 14This is the confidence we have in approaching God: that if we ask anything according to his will, he hears us.

• Thumbs Up 1

40 minutes ago, Butero said:

I know it is finished.  Finished work of the cross doesn't equal OSAS.

No, it doesn't equal it, it's the result of it. If you know its finished, why are you repenting of wilfull sins to keep yourself from losing salvation.

• Thumbs Up 1