WorthyNewsBot

• Group:  Bots
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  39,879
  • Topics Per Day:  6.46
  • Content Count:  44,322
  • Content Per Day:  7.18
  • Days Won:  2

(Worthy News) - Jim Mattis has resigned on principle as Pentagon chief after President Trump decided to slash U.S. troop presence in Syria and Afghanistan, citing in a letter the need for "a Secretary of Defense whose views are better aligned" with the president's.

In his strikingly frank resignation letter, Mattis issued what amounted to a stark rebuke of Trump. He outlined his beliefs in alliances, opposition to Russia and China, being respectful to allies, and standing up to authoritarianism before concluding that Trump differed with him on key principles.

He said, "Because you have the right to have a Secretary of Defense whose views are better aligned with yours on these and other subjects, I believe it is right for me to step down from my position." [ Source: Washington Examiner (Read More...) ]

The post Mattis quits at Pentagon over policy clashes with Trump appeared first on Worthy Christian News.

View the full article

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  102
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  08/14/1971

That's not good, almost impossible to replace someone like Mattis.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  598
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,132
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

I don't think the American People have the stomach to dish out what it would take to Fix Afghanistan..    without a movement of the Holy Spirit and convert them away from their Islamic way of life, the only ways to deal with them is leave them alone or eradicate those true Islamic folks who  force all to live sharia law…  Islam is a serious brutal theocracy.  Look at history concerning the number of countries that have tried and failed to move that area into a western civilization type life.   Hasn't happened in the past 1400 years and not likely to happen today.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  28
  • Topic Count:  338
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  15,710
  • Content Per Day:  2.46
  • Days Won:  39
  • Birthday:  02/27/1985

I like matthis, but on the same note i think its time for us to pull out of Syria. If were not going to fight the war to win we shouldn't be involved. So maybe this is a good move. Maybe not. Only time will tell.