• Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  512
  • Topics Per Day:  0.23
  • Content Count:  3,188
  • Content Per Day:  1.44
  • Days Won:  1

Scripture says; 

1 John 2:16 (NASB)
For all that is in the world, the lust of the flesh and the lust of the eyes and the boastful pride of life, is not from the Father, but is from the world.

How can it be said that all these desires we have came, “not from the Father but from the world”? 

Reason being, that this is what the fall of Adam produced in him, and us, his offspring. These lusts of the flesh/eyes, pride of life,  is that very life of self that must be given up, if we are to walk in newness of life. It is the fall into the life of this world that is, and was Adam’s separation from God. (As it is true in us today.) So all these desires of this life/world came “not from the Father but from the world”. 

If we want to grow in our salvation we have in Christ, the life of this world with all it’s desires and lusts must be given up, or reckoned dead in us. Which is what the foundation and way of walking in newness of life, that was given us, consists of. 

Scripture also says;

“Do not love the world nor the things in the world.” Because; “The world is passing away, and [also] its lusts;”

All these desires of this life are not to be found again in us in Heaven.  As children of God we are told to leave them behind and walk in newness of life, in the time we have in the body.

But the only way for the old life in us to die, is for us to really die, or to be joined to one that has died. So His death becomes ours, and we are freed from the life of this world with all its lusts, that we inherited from Adam when he fell.  (Which is that which separates us from God.)

But Praise be to the One who died for us, and joined us with Him in His death so we might walk in newness of life in the time of our sojourn in this world. 

Love not the world or the things of the world for they are passing away. 

So;

Unto Him for making a way in the darkness that we might walk in newness of life and be restored in our fellowship with Him. 

Blessings as we grow up and unto Him.

For; 

“God, you are God, and you are my/our Creator.”

Much love in Christ, Not me 

edit; 

The how, is, to by faith, reckon yourself dead unto sin but alive unto God. 

Blessings

Edited by Not me
  • This is Worthy 3

• Group:  Royal Member

2 hours ago, In Him said:

Agree. "It's the purity of the container that's important...whether the container is a gallon or a thimble."

Blessing, sent message.

Love your thought. ☝️

2 hours ago, Cletus said:

Amen to that. 

Gal 5:24  And they that are Christ's have crucified the flesh with the affections and lusts.

If we walk in the Spirit ... If we rest in Him ... If we abide in Him then our desires will change from being of this world to...

Psa 37:4  Delight thyself also in the LORD; and he shall give thee the desires of thine heart.

many people take this verse to mean God gives us what we want like a genie in a bottle... but thats not what its saying... He literally gives us the want in our heart... He makes us want what we want.  our desires will line up with His will for our lives... and then we pray according to his will. 

God Is so good.  always making a Way for us, and He Is The Way!

Yes He is! 

For;

His children walking before Him in righteousness, the only thing He can bless.

For He waits  in righteousness to bless those willing to walk in righteousness. 

Edited by Not me
  • This is Worthy 2

I was going for the ‘purity’ of the container or heart,

but it’s what is in the container...the product,

that is of importance.

He is teaching me that nothing matters in this life but Christ being formed in me.

To the degree that He is formed in me, is the degree of less of me.

He that believeth on me, as the scripture hath said, out of his belly shall flow rivers of living water.” Jn 7:38

18 minutes ago, In Him said:

that is of importance.

He is teaching me that nothing matters in this life but Christ being formed in me.

He that believeth on me, as the scripture hath said, out of his belly shall flow rivers of living water.” Jn 7:38

Yippee yippee yippie!

So true my Sister in Christ.! 

Nothing matters but the “Product in the container” or  the New Creation same thing. 

To know and sense this truth inwardly like you obviously do. Gives the heart such foundation and freedom in that foundation that blesses the heart of all those that hear you, not to mention yours. 

Also,  loved this part;

He is formed in me, is the degree of less of me.

The connection between self and Christ and the percentage of one vs the other. Proves that;

“Wisdom is justified by her children.”

Jumping for joy in  Jesus, 

• This is Worthy 1
  • Praise God! 1

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.34
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

5 hours ago, Not me said:

Blessing, sent message.

Love your thought. ☝️

Yes He is! 

For;

His children walking before Him in righteousness, the only thing He can bless.

For He waits  in righteousness to bless those willing to walk in righteousness. 

Yep ,HIS children will love dearly righteousness and their brethren .  

SO the elephant in the room is this ,    WHY do I hear many who profess to LOVE CHRIST , who profess to Love righteousness and the brethren .

Yet twist what JESUS said .    I mean EVERY WORD HE SPOKE is RIGHTEOUS .   

So it simply boils down to this ,   folks can tell me all day long they love JESUS ,  and claim they are saved ,   but its their fruits that determine WHO THEY FOLLOW .

Its their fruits that show the proof of their LOVE .

And if those fruits are the fruits of the wicked ,  and the fruit of the wicked is TO SIN ,     THEN HOW ON EARTH DO they have the LOVE OF GOD SHED ON THAT HEART .

THEY DONT .    WHY do you call me LORD , yet do not the things which I command .

IF a man loves me ,  HE KEEPS MY SAYINGS .   AND THOSE SAYINGS are not a burden ,  OH MY THEY ARE JOY , THEY ARE the abundant life , THEY ARE , and HAPPY is the one

who does them .

Edited by frienduff thaylorde

3 hours ago, In Him said:

that is of importance.

OH SISTER ,   you are truly and dearly loved .     WHEN those who LOVE JESUS speak or write ,   OH its like a joy of pure smooth oil that just flows down the head

and right into the heart .   

5 hours ago, Cletus said:

Amen to that. 

Gal 5:24  And they that are Christ's have crucified the flesh with the affections and lusts.

If we walk in the Spirit ... If we rest in Him ... If we abide in Him then our desires will change from being of this world to...

Psa 37:4  Delight thyself also in the LORD; and he shall give thee the desires of thine heart.

many people take this verse to mean God gives us what we want like a genie in a bottle... but thats not what its saying... He literally gives us the want in our heart... He makes us want what we want.  our desires will line up with His will for our lives... and then we pray according to his will. 

God Is so good.  always making a Way for us, and He Is The Way!

YES HE IS CLETUS .    you just pet that old mastiff puppy and praise the Lord .    WHEN TRUTH IS SPOKEN , those who have the new life , new heart ,  SIMPLY REJOICE

and wont fight one ounce against it .   Rather they just LOVE IT and embrace IT .    

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  41
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  686
  • Content Per Day:  0.30
  • Days Won:  0

7 hours ago, Not me said:

Love not the world or the things of the world for they are passing away. 

The bible is the one good and perfect thing in the world, and it will last forever, but most people don't spend their time studying it.

Matthew 24 verse 35

Heaven and earth will pass away, but my words will never pass away.

• Praise God! 1

59 minutes ago, frienduff thaylorde said:

Yep ,HIS children will love dearly righteousness and their brethren .  

SO the elephant in the room is this ,    WHY do I hear many who profess to LOVE CHRIST , who profess to Love righteousness and the brethren .

Yet twist what JESUS said .    I mean EVERY WORD HE SPOKE is RIGHTEOUS .   

So it simply boils down to this ,   folks can tell me all day long they love JESUS ,  and claim they are saved ,   but its their fruits that determine WHO THEY FOLLOW .

Its their fruits that show the proof of their LOVE .

And if those fruits are the fruits of the wicked ,  and the fruit of the wicked is TO SIN ,     THEN HOW ON EARTH DO they have the LOVE OF GOD SHED ON THAT HEART .

THEY DONT .    WHY do you call me LORD , yet do not the things which I command .

IF a man loves me ,  HE KEEPS MY SAYINGS .   AND THOSE SAYINGS are not a burden ,  OH MY THEY ARE JOY , THEY ARE the abundant life , THEY ARE , and HAPPY is the one

who does them .

Yes having a personal relationship with Christ brings such joy in and to the heart. 

It does seem that the closer we walk with Him, the more joy we have. The more joy we have, the closer we want to walk with Him. It does seem that, one is the food of the other. Than only sin or disobedience can spoil the crop. 

Blessings, 

Edited by Not me
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Praise God! 1