IGNORED

Title: What is the truth that sets us free?

alaric_w

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  38
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  81
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Days Won:  1

I came across this verse in the bible,

John 1:17 = For the law was given through Moses; grace and truth came through Jesus Christ.

I asked the Lord “Is there no truth under the law?” The Lord led me to the following bible verses that show me about the truth about the law.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Romans 2:13 = For it is not those who hear the law who are righteous in God’s sight, but it is those who obey the law who will be declared righteous.

Truth no.1 = As written in Romans 2:13. Anyone who can obey God’s law is righteous.

Galatians 5:3 = Again I declare to every man who lets himself be circumcised that he is obligated to obey the whole law.

Truth no.2 = As written in Galatians 5:3. The Galatians wanted to obey the law of circumcision. However, Paul told that that if they want to be under the law, they have to obey the entire law. You cannot pick and choose whichever law that is convenient for you to observe but rather you have to obey the entire law.

The law includes not just the 10 commandments. The law includes the followings as well;

Moral laws - on murder, theft, honesty, adultery, etc.

Social laws - on property, inheritance, marriage and divorce,

Food laws - on what is clean and unclean, on cooking and storing food.

Purity laws - on menstruation, seminal emissions, skin disease and mildew, etc.

Feasts - the Day of Atonement, Passover, Feast of Tabernacles, Feast of Unleavened Bread, Feast of Weeks etc.

Sacrifices and offerings - the sin offering, burnt offering, whole offering, heave offering, Passover sacrifice, meal offering, wave offering, peace offering, drink offering, thank offering, dough offering, incense offering, red heifer, scapegoat, first fruits, etc.

There are over 600++ laws to obey. Keeping the 10 commandments is already impossible. Jesus said Matthew 5:27-28 = You have heard that it was said, ‘You shall not commit adultery. But I tell you that anyone who looks at a woman lustfully has already committed adultery with her in his heart.

When a person has an evil thought or a selfish desire, it is already a sin in God’s sight even before the person put the thought into action. Hence, I conclude that no one can obey the law fully.

Galatians 5:4 = You who are trying to be justified by the law have been alienated from Christ; you have fallen away from grace.

Truth no.3 = As plainly as it is written, this verse says that anyone who tries to be righteous by obeying the law has to depend on their own effort. You will be bless when you fully obey the law. But you will be cursed if you break any part of the law. It is a self-performance system, you perform and God judges you. In simple words, Do good get good, Do bad get bad. Isn’t all other religions practicing this?

Furthermore, under law there is no grace. It simply means that God will not lift a finger to help you. You have to help yourself. Therefore those who want to come under the law must not mixed Grace and Law together. There are many verses throughout the bible that sets Law and Grace apart. The Galatians are guilty of mixing Grace with Law. Paul had to write a letter to rebuke them.

James 2:10 = For whoever keeps the whole law and yet stumbles at just one point is guilty of breaking all of it.

Truth no.4 = To the world, man sees a liar who tells a white lie must deserving to go heaven than a man who commits murder. However, the bible says otherwise. Every sin is equal in God’s sight. God sees a liar who tells a white lie and a murderer as sinners deserving punishment in hell. Hence I can conclude on the following;

1)    The world sees an unmerciful God putting good and bad people into hell. Everyone who does not believe in Jesus, but depended on their own merits as a ticket to heaven.

2)    But I see a merciful God who loved me so much that he is willing to sacrifice his one and only beloved son (Jesus) to redeem me.

3)    To the world, they see that undeserving bad people is able going up to heaven effortlessly just by believing in Jesus + his finished work. And they said that this is not possible and do not believe. They laughed at the message of the cross and account it as foolishness.

4)    But I see a merciful God who has made a ultimate payment for all our sins and this payment gives anyone who believes the right to enter into heaven. So to me, I do not see any good or bad person in heaven or hell. I can only see the redeemed in heaven and condemned in hell.

5)    To be redeemed or condemn comes from personal decision to receive or reject the free gift which God paid a heavy price for us.

6)    It is not about doing but believing and trusting Jesus + his finished work.

Christ Crucified Is God’s Power and Wisdom

1 Corinthians 1:18 = For the message of the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God.

Romans 3:20 = Therefore no one will be declared righteous in God’s sight by the works of the law; rather, through the law we become conscious of our sin.

Truth no.5 = The Law is from a perfect God, so the Law is perfect. But we are imperfect sinners. Because we are imperfect, we are unable to obey the law fully. When God’s law is broken, curses and punishment will come. In conclusion, those who seek righteousness through the law are cursed. As it is written in Galatians 3:10.

Galatians 3:10 = All who rely on observing the law are under a curse, for it is written: ‘Cursed is everyone who does not continue to do everything written in the Book of the Law.

It says “ALL who rely on observing the law are under a curse”. It does not says the person who breaks the law is under a cursed but ALL who is under the law. So it is common sense to say that God already knows that no one can keep the law and under the law, everyone will be cursed. So why God gives the law? This is the reason.

Romans 7:7 = What shall we say, then? Is the law sinful? Certainly not! Nevertheless, I would not have known what sin was had it not been for the law. For I would not have known what coveting really was if the law had not said, "You shall not covet."

Galatians 2:16 = know that a person is not justified by the works of the law, but by faith in Jesus Christ. So we, too, have put our faith in Christ Jesus that we may be justified by faith in Christ and not by the works of the law, because by the works of the law no one will be justified.

God give the law to show us that we are sinners, we cannot save ourselves and in need of a saviour.

Final conclusion

John 1:17 = For the law was given through Moses; grace and truth came through Jesus Christ.

Since there are truths in the law. Why did God put truth on the side of Grace?

It is because only the truth under grace can set us free.

John 8:32 = Then you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free

Note: The law demands perfection but does not lift a finger to help. Grace on the other hand imparts perfection and does everything for man through Jesus Christ.

• This is Worthy 2

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  499
  • Content Per Day:  0.19
  • Days Won:  0

Let's add this into the mix....

Joh_14:6  Jesus told him, "I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.

Joh_18:37  Pilate asked him, "So you are a king?" Jesus answered, "You say that I am a king. I was born for this, and I came into the world for this: to testify to the truth. Everyone who is committed to the truth listens to my voice." 
Joh_18:38  Pilate asked him, "What is 'truth'?" 

• 3 weeks later...

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  38
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  81
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Days Won:  1

Yes

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,263
  • Content Per Day:  1.74
  • Days Won:  0

On 1/10/2019 at 9:00 AM, alaric_w said:

Since there are truths in the law. Why did God put truth on the side of Grace?

It is because only the truth under grace can set us free.

The simple truth is that we are rebellous sinners unable to save ourselves and that it is Jesus who saves us.

• Praise God! 1