IGNORED

Are all believers priests of God or not?

JohnD

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  2,679
  • Content Per Day:  1.39
  • Days Won:  16

I truly don't see any confusion. 

and has made us kings and priests to His God and Father, to Him be glory and dominion forever and ever. Amen.

Everywhere I'm familiar with where the topic of our priesthood and kingship is dealt with, it's dealt with as past tense, done deal, a finished thing.  John's "audience" was born again believers and I don't see any text  indicating the kingship and priesthood bestowed by Jesus only applied to a sub-set.

We might get into some nuance about whether we actually WIELD kingly authority or actively perform priestly service but it doesn't change the fact we HAVE BEEN made to become kings and priests.

The caveat I'm thinking of that *might* be relevant is outlined here:

And if you are Christ’s, then you are Abraham’s seed, and heirs according to the promise.

Now I say that the heir, as long as he is a child, does not differ at all from a slave, though he is master of all, but is under guardians and stewards until the time appointed by the father.

and here:

From thirty years old and upward even unto fifty years old shalt thou number them, every one that entereth into the service, to do the work of the tabernacle of the congregation.

The sons of Levi were priests by birth, but they did not actually wield the authority of the office nor perform the service of the temple until 30 years of age, and retired at 50.

In both the case of a young king who is SURELY King due to the early death of his father, he might be held under "stewards", a prime minister appointed to guide the rule until the king had reached a level of maturity that could be trusted to wield the power of kingship responsibly. 

In both cases it seems a level of maturity and responsibility was required to actually engage in the activities and responsibilities of being a king or priest.  But they were kings and priests literally from birth.

That's just some added interest in my opinion and doesn't change the fact HE said HE has made us kings and priests.  Past tense.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Servant
  • Followers:  21
  • Topic Count:  241
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  6,953
  • Content Per Day:  3.27
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  09/23/1954

6 hours ago, Bible_Gazer said:

Who is everyone ?

There seem to be an elect that rules with Jesus during the Millennium Rev.20 to do a job.

Rev.2:26-28 say an overcomer rules with a rod of iron breaking down the false nations.

Rev.19 those in white linen(his bride or elect) riding with Jesus on white horses going against the Beast and Kings

Seem to be an assignment to do something, when it is done there may be no need of a priest or ministry of that type to help save people .

King has authority in governing 

Priest has authority in preaching salvation, handling God's words

To me its a special calling or an elect group to do a special work, but does not need everyone to do it.

Just a consideration

The OP cited Scriptures that include all true Christians as kings and priests. God has made us so., Bible_Gazer. Not in the worldly, pagan sense of course, and Scripture doesn't remotely imply that type of authority or service. It is in the spiritual sense that we reign with God and serve Him as kings and priests, I'm doing it right now. Bless you in the name of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ.

• Thumbs Up 2