• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  5
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

How do you mean the term Son of God?

The Bible is called the sons of God's angels and one time the Adam (Luke 3:38). That may mean, that son of God this name of direct creation of God (Evrybody is direct creations of god, but you know what I mean).

Jezus is son of God in a special sense. What this sense according to you?
Maybe Jezus is son of God only this reason, that He began with the Holy Spirit?

• 2 weeks later...

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  57
  • Topic Count:  1,546
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  10,320
  • Content Per Day:  1.41
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  11/05/1951

Well. the phrase "son of God" occurs in different senses in the Bible. and is not always meaning the same thing. The cotext, the language, and the culture need to be considered.

Adam is referred to as the Son of God, why? Because as God's creation, Adam is an offspring of God, but that is not reflective of Adams nature. Adam is only human, only made of elements, with a spirit built into him which is eternal, by means of the fact the he was created to be a eternal being in relationship with God.

Other times, those who act like children of God in that they follow God's will and acknowledge their dependence upon God, as their originator and their provider and guider, are referred to as sons of God, because their behavior speaks to their conduct as God's children.

However, Christians are primarily concerned with Jesus and His unique relationship with the Father, His God.

In Jesus' case, He was begotten of God, Spiritually, when God, the Holy Spirit, came upon a human woman:

"The Holy Spirit will come upon you, and the power of the Most High will overshadow you. So the holy one to be born will be called the Son of God."

So there, because Jesus had a human mother, he is truly a man. However, since He was uniquely conceived by God, with no human father, He is also God's Son.

Because He is conceived by God, He shares the nature of God, and so, He is not just the Son of God, He is God, the Son. He is not merely human, but also devine.:

“The Son is the radiance of God’s glory and the exact representation of His being.” Heb 1:3

"For in Christ all the fullness of the Deity lives in bodily form, and in Christ you have been brought to fullness. He is the head over every power and authority. Col 2:9,10 

I hope that at least partially answers the question, of at least what I mean, what my understanding of what is meant, by the "son of god".

• This is Worthy 1
  • Loved it! 1