as to Gods WILL in his Word

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  11
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

Hypothetically, if someone was a reprobate, what is God's will/command for them?

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.81
  • Days Won:  226

5 hours ago, Alex44 said:

Hypothetically, if someone was a reprobate, what is God's will/command for them?

A born again Christian will not have the mind of a reprobate. Therefore they are not saved. God wants that person to ask Jesus Christ into their life and ask for forgiveness. 

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  229
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  10,900
  • Content Per Day:  2.93
  • Days Won:  68
  • Birthday:  08/14/1954

1 hour ago, PromisesPromises! said:

God's will for such a person is to repent.  He "is longsuffering to us, not willing that any should perish but that all should come to repentance" (2 Peter 3:9).

A reprobate sufffers from wrong thinking--thinking that is so against the ways of God that the mind goes its own way and leads the person into willful and deliberate sin: "sexual immorality, impurity and debauchery, idolatry and witchcraft, hatred, discord, jealousy, fits of rage, selfish ambition, dissentions, factions and envy, drunkenness, orgies, and the like" (Galatians 5:19-21). 

Without repentance, God will give a reprobate over to his own selfish, evil desires, for these people once knew God, but rejected Him:

Romans 1:28-32...  Furthermore, just as they did not think it worthwhile to retain the knowledge of God, so God gave them over to a depraved mind, so that they do what ought not to be done.  They have become filled with every kind of wickedness, evil, greed, and depravity.  They are full of envy, murder, strife, deceit, and malice.  They are gossips, slanderers, God-haters, insolent, arrogant and boastful; they invent ways of doing evil; they disobey their parents; they have no understanding, no fidelity, no love, no mercy. Although they know God's righteous decree that those who do such things deserve death, they not only continue to do these very things but also approve of those who practice them.

A person with this kind of mind is an enemy with God.  "Once you were alienated from God and were made enemies in your minds because of your evil behavior" (Colossians 1:21).  Notice, Paul says "once"  Therefore, there must hope for such a person. 

Romans 12:2 tells us to be trasformed by the renewing of our minds.  Can a reprobate be transformed?  Yes, if he finally has enough of sin, repents (changes his mind), and in total submission puts all his faith in Christ, what "once" was totally lost in sin can be made new. 

Tremendous scriptural commentary, and post, PromisesPromises. I had in mind to take a few thoughts out of it, but then thought better! The entirety of it is really brilliant. Nice work! Just a thought: The Apostle Paul, was of a strict self-placement, on his own personal life in servitude before Christ, he also addressed the Church of Corinth in the verse below. Basically it meant the importance of living on the straight and narrow. And he did do so. God bless. 

Shalom, 

David/BeauJangles

1st Corinthians 9:27  But I keep my body, and bring it into subjection: lest by any means, when I have preached to others, I myself should become a castaway. KJV