• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  105
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  3,131
  • Content Per Day:  0.45
  • Days Won:  1

Thank you for sharing that!!

I am blessed by your heart for God!!

Sometime we forget that it is sin that seperates us from God as the prodigal was seperated !!!

cheap religion for the masses will draw many hearts who do not want to repent from their sin and I know God's heart must grieve over what He sees in this world...I often wonder how He endures us as we merrily sin our lives right into total darkness...

Merciful Father...save us from our sin....

• 1 month later...

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  51
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  05/10/1975

Love draws sinners to God and causes them to repent of their old self and to become a new life in Jesus Christ. I firmly believe that once we are saved the issue of sinning doesn't need to be brought up again. If you are truely a child of God you won't continue to sin, you might stumble because everybody falls short of his glory, but you can really be free in Christ Jesus! You can truely soar on the wings of salvation! Growing in grace is really the only way to be changed into a new creation and to become like he is. It is a process.

Edited by godslilpromise

Guest quadding101

The bible says a man is tempted when he is drawn away because of his own lust.It is something that he wants. U cannot be tempted by something u care nothing about. The bible also says that God looks at the heart to see why u do what u do, say what u say, and think what u think. Do u do and say and think because of lust, greed, envy, jealousy etc. or do u do and say and think because of love, compassion, long suffering etc. What is in ur heart? When God's Spirit comes into ur heart the inborn nature is cast out and ur heart is purifyed. Sin like greed, lust, envy etc. is also cast out because God will not dwell where sin dwells. When the inborn nature is cast out of ur heart it will raise up emotions like greed, lust etc. but because it and such emotions r no longer in ur heart, the emotions r no longer in control of u, it is how God makes it possible to say no to sin. U can give into an emotion like lust, greed etc. and let it back into ur heart like Lucifer did pride. When the emotion is back in ur heart it will control u. U must ask God to forgive u and take the emotion out of ur heart again. God's Spirit will not come back into ur heart as long as the emotion is in ur heart. When God's Spirit is in ur heart the attributes of God will be in ur heart like love, compassion etc. But we must pray, study our bible, and resist the devil (bad emotions and desires, urges and impressions, and thoughts coming into our heads). I cannot stress how subtle the inborn nature is in controlling us, even those that have God's Spirit in their hearts. It is truly a disciplined life, to live a life that is pleasing to God. If there r any that truly have God's Spirit in ur heart, if u will notice the subtle emotions, the urges, the impressions and thoughts that come into our heads that control us. I hope this helps someone

Edited by quadding101

• 2 months later...

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  16
  • Content Count:  95

You Don't Have to Lose an Arm and a Leg

Matthew 18:7-9

Radical Remedy

Sever/Separate

James 1:27

Edited by Salt

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  1,227
  • Content Per Day:  0.18
  • Birthday:  08/19/1964

This idea of Radical amputation is one I think many have a hard time with. In many places the Bible also tells us to run away from, flee from sin. God knows that temptations are real, and the lust of the flesh is real. Thank goodness he also tells us how to handle them; feast on his word daily, and Flee from sin. Notice he doesn't say it ok now that I am with you don't worry about it you wont be tempted any more. No, Quite the opposite. It is our own pride that says," I can stare temptation in the face and it will not touch me" HA, What a Farce. You know sometimes we like our little stumbling blocks, and if we Radically amputate them, get rid of all possibility of it, we can't turn back to them. Now looking at something like drug addiction this is very easy to understand. If we quit the addiction but keep the drug around, keep the suppliers around, ets. How long will we stay free?

But lets apply it to something less obvious. Lets say when ever "you" get together with a certain friend it always turns into a gossip session. Are you willing to radically amputate that relationship? Flee from it completely so that there is no possibility of falling back into it. But you know we kind of like our little gossip sessions, and they are a good friend, and we could agree together to not do it, and ,and ,and

Radical amputation, not such an easy thing.

Thanks Suzanne

God Bless,

Kansas Dad

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Topic Count:  16
  • Content Count:  95

God knows that temptations are real, and the lust of the flesh is real.
Edited by Salt

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  112
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  3,489
  • Content Per Day:  0.48

"Serious Sin"? Is there any other kind?

• Topic Count:  32
  • Content Count:  5,258
  • Content Per Day:  0.76
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  07/22/1960

Galations

16 I say then: Walk in the Spirit, and you shall not fulfill the of the flesh. 17 For the flesh s against the Spirit, and the Spirit against the flesh; and these are contrary to one another, so that you do not do the things that you wish. 18 But if you are led by the Spirit, you are not under the law.

19 Now the works of the flesh are evident, which are: ery,[c] fornication, uncleanness, ness, 20 idolatry, sorcery, hatred, contentions, jealousies, outbursts of wrath, selfish ambitions, dissensions, heresies, 21 envy, s,[d] drunkenness, revelries, and the like; of which I tell you beforehand, just as I also told you in time past, that those who practice such things will not inherit the kingdom of God.

Serious indeed.

• Topic Count:  32
  • Content Count:  5,258
  • Content Per Day:  0.76
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  07/22/1960

The point about amputation is well taken and I think a good one.

I have some old friends, actually they have been best friends for most of my life. The problem is they are not believers, but I have been for the last fifteen years. It is always a thorn, I try talking to them about it, but they don't want to hear it, instead they drag me into conversations where at the end I think of the things I should have said instead of remaining silent. It does not help that they also practice the sins of the flesh, and give me grief for not, it is very childish for as old as they are, then they accuse me of being judgmental, the usual stuff I am sure you all have dealt with this.

So the bottom line is that I should cut them off, but I just have not been able to do it, as we get older I think we realize that lifelong friends just are not that common, outside of one's wife or husband, etc.

But I know what I need to do.