• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  5,258
  • Content Per Day:  0.76
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  07/22/1960

Wow that is hard.

I used to think the same thing, that I could stay with these guys and be a witness, but what was happening was that I was the one who was being dragged down, they were not being changed. The thing that would happen is that because they have known me for so long, far back into my youth, they then would remind me of my previous life, reaching back ten twenty years, pulling out old sins, it is a common strategy, the goal is to not recognize the new life in Christ.

But family is harder than friends are, I will pray for you and your family mark.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  16
  • Content Count:  1,091
  • Content Per Day:  0.16
  • Days Won:  0

Amen. :thumbsup:

Too often those who advocate practical Christian consecration are deemed to be "legalists."

What ever happened to this?!?

Rom 6:1 What shall we say then? Shall we continue in sin, that grace may abound?

Rom 6:2 God forbid. How shall we, that are dead to sin, live any longer therein?

Rom 6:6 Knowing this, that our old man is crucified with him, that the body of sin might be destroyed, that henceforth we should not serve sin.

Rom 6:7 For he that is dead is freed from sin.

Rom 6:11 Likewise reckon ye also yourselves to be dead indeed unto sin, but alive unto God through Jesus Christ our Lord.

Rom 6:12 Let not sin therefore reign in your mortal body, that ye should obey it in the lusts thereof.

Rom 6:13 Neither yield ye your members as instruments of unrighteousness unto sin: but yield yourselves unto God, as those that are alive from the dead, and your members as instruments of righteousness unto God.

Rom 6:14 For sin shall not have dominion over you: for ye are not under the law, but under grace.

Rom 6:15 What then? shall we sin, because we are not under the law, but under grace? God forbid.

Rom 6:16 Know ye not, that to whom ye yield yourselves servants to obey, his servants ye are to whom ye obey; whether of sin unto death, or of obedience unto righteousness?

Rom 6:17 But God be thanked, that ye were the servants of sin, but ye have obeyed from the heart that form of doctrine which was delivered you.

Rom 6:18 Being then made free from sin, ye became the servants of righteousness.

Rom 8:4 That the righteousness of the law might be fulfilled in us, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.

Rom 8:5 For they that are after the flesh do mind the things of the flesh; but they that are after the Spirit the things of the Spirit.

Rom 8:6 For to be carnally minded is death; but to be spiritually minded is life and peace.

Rom 8:7 Because the carnal mind is enmity against God: for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be.

Rom 8:8 So then they that are in the flesh cannot please God.

Rom 8:9 But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his.

Rom 8:10 And if Christ be in you, the body is dead because of sin; but the Spirit is life because of righteousness.

Rom 8:11 But if the Spirit of him that raised up Jesus from the dead dwell in you, he that raised up Christ from the dead shall also quicken your mortal bodies by his Spirit that dwelleth in you.

Rom 8:13 For if ye live after the flesh, ye shall die: but if ye through the Spirit do mortify the deeds of the body, ye shall live.

Rom 8:14 For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God.

The Bible compares us to vessels:

Rom 9:21 Hath not the potter power over the clay, of the same lump to make one vessel unto honour, and another unto dishonour?

1Th 4:4 That every one of you should know how to possess his vessel in sanctification and honour;

2Ti 2:21 If a man therefore purge himself from these, he shall be a vessel unto honour, sanctified, and meet for the master's use, and prepared unto every good work.

The fact about a vessel is that it can only hold so much. If you fill a vessel with 90% sand, then there is only 10% of the room left for water. But, if you pour out the sand you can then fill it with water to 100%.

So, likewise, with the Spirit of God and the flesh. It is only to the extent that we empty ourselves of ourselves that we can thus be filled with the Spirit of God. We decide how much of the Spirit is poured out into our lives. If we insisit upon holding onto things that are fleshly and carnal then the Spirit of God will be quenched and our walk with Christ will suffer.

Yet, if we indeed emptly ourselves of ourselves completely then is God able to pour out His Spirit into our hearts in fullness. Giving God the keys to every room of our spiritual house, allowing Him to move freely within our lives, to and fro, cleaning out each room of the house... telling us to give up this, or seek out that... keeping our lives open before Him like an open hand... allowing Him to put in and take out as He sees fit... it is then that we will be all that God wants us to be.

And, has He called us to anything less? I think not.

Mat 16:24 Then said Jesus unto his disciples, If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me.

Mat 16:25 For whosoever will save his life shall lose it: and whosoever will lose his life for my sake shall find it.

This isn't some form of "deeper Christianity." This is the only faith that Jesus taught.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  366
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  10,933
  • Content Per Day:  1.57
  • Days Won:  1

Amen.  :blink:

Too often those who advocate practical Christian consecration are deemed to be "legalists."

What ever happened to this?!?

Rom 6:1  What shall we say then? Shall we continue in sin, that grace may abound?

Rom 6:2  God forbid. How shall we, that are dead to sin, live any longer therein?

Rom 6:6  Knowing this, that our old man is crucified with him, that the body of sin might be destroyed, that henceforth we should not serve sin.

Rom 6:7  For he that is dead is freed from sin.

Rom 6:11  Likewise reckon ye also yourselves to be dead indeed unto sin, but alive unto God through Jesus Christ our Lord.

Rom 6:12  Let not sin therefore reign in your mortal body, that ye should obey it in the lusts thereof.

Rom 6:13  Neither yield ye your members as instruments of unrighteousness unto sin: but yield yourselves unto God, as those that are alive from the dead, and your members as instruments of righteousness unto God.

Rom 6:14  For sin shall not have dominion over you: for ye are not under the law, but under grace.

Rom 6:15  What then? shall we sin, because we are not under the law, but under grace? God forbid.

Rom 6:16  Know ye not, that to whom ye yield yourselves servants to obey, his servants ye are to whom ye obey; whether of sin unto death, or of obedience unto righteousness?

Rom 6:17  But God be thanked, that ye were the servants of sin, but ye have obeyed from the heart that form of doctrine which was delivered you.

Rom 6:18  Being then made free from sin, ye became the servants of righteousness.

Rom 8:4  That the righteousness of the law might be fulfilled in us, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.

Rom 8:5  For they that are after the flesh do mind the things of the flesh; but they that are after the Spirit the things of the Spirit.

Rom 8:6  For to be carnally minded is death; but to be spiritually minded is life and peace.

Rom 8:7  Because the carnal mind is enmity against God: for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be.

Rom 8:8  So then they that are in the flesh cannot please God.

Rom 8:9  But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his.

Rom 8:10  And if Christ be in you, the body is dead because of sin; but the Spirit is life because of righteousness.

Rom 8:11  But if the Spirit of him that raised up Jesus from the dead dwell in you, he that raised up Christ from the dead shall also quicken your mortal bodies by his Spirit that dwelleth in you.

Rom 8:13  For if ye live after the flesh, ye shall die: but if ye through the Spirit do mortify the deeds of the body, ye shall live.

Rom 8:14  For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God.

The Bible compares us to vessels:

Rom 9:21  Hath not the potter power over the clay, of the same lump to make one vessel unto honour, and another unto dishonour?

1Th 4:4  That every one of you should know how to possess his vessel in sanctification and honour;

2Ti 2:21  If a man therefore purge himself from these, he shall be a vessel unto honour, sanctified, and meet for the master's use, and prepared unto every good work.

The fact about a vessel is that it can only hold so much. If you fill a vessel with 90% sand, then there is only 10% of the room left for water. But, if you pour out the sand you can then fill it with water to 100%.

So, likewise, with the Spirit of God and the flesh. It is only to the extent that we empty ourselves of ourselves that we can thus be filled with the Spirit of God. We decide how much of the Spirit is poured out into our lives. If we insisit upon holding onto things that are fleshly and carnal then the Spirit of God will be quenched and our walk with Christ will suffer.

Yet, if we indeed emptly ourselves of ourselves completely then is God able to pour out His Spirit into our hearts in fullness. Giving God the keys to every room of our spiritual house, allowing Him to move freely within our lives, to and fro, cleaning out each room of the house... telling us to give up this, or seek out that... keeping our lives open before Him like an open hand... allowing Him to put in and take out as He sees fit... it is then that we will be all that God wants us to be.

And, has He called us to anything less? I think not.

Mat 16:24  Then said Jesus unto his disciples, If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me.

Mat 16:25  For whosoever will save his life shall lose it: and whosoever will lose his life for my sake shall find it.

This isn't some form of "deeper Christianity." This is the only faith that Jesus taught.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Romans 12:1-2 sounds like consecration to me :blink:

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  154
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,838
  • Content Per Day:  0.40
  • Birthday:  05/29/1991

All sin is serious....

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

So are you implying that we all chop our legs up?

"Serious Sin"? Is there any other kind?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Maybe blasphmy against the Holy Spirit.....but that kinda freaks me out.

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  42
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,545
  • Content Per Day:  0.19
  • Birthday:  09/27/1968

I'm for the more radical approach to adultery, for men anyways :laugh::24:

All sin is serious....

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Once one becomes saved---its impossible to blaspheme the Holy Spirit...

the very word "spirit"---reveals this.

when one is born from above, born anew, born again----their Spirit---has been matched up with The HOly Spirit---which is the Godhead Spirit---

blaspheming the Holy Spirit---is done when one rejects the working of the Cross and resurrection---in their sinful life.

denying Christ---is blasphemy--

it is saying---God isnt good enough for me.

thats, what blasphemying the Holy Spirit---is all about.

anyone who dies, withouth Jesus as their saviour and purifier of their heart/spirit---

will not be forgiven.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

That is the "popular view" in my Church as well. But, I'm not totally on board with it. The passage itself, nor its context, indicates that is what it is.

Honestly, the passage seems to indicate that it is a very easy thing to do. Simply "speaking a word against the Holy Spirit" seems to be the "blasphemy of the Holy Spirit."

Luk 12:10 And whosoever shall speak a word against the Son of man, it shall be forgiven him: but unto him that blasphemeth against the Holy Ghost it shall not be forgiven.

I guess we have to examine the differences here. Speaking a word against Christ will be forgiven, but blaspheming the Holy Spirit will not be forgiving.

The word "blasphemy" means, according to Webster:

1 a : the act of insulting or showing contempt or lack of reverence for God b : the act of claiming the attributes of deity

2 : irreverence toward something considered sacred or inviolable

So, it seems a rather easy thing to do... in a moment, not over the course of a whole life.

The reason people say it is "the continual rejection of the conviction of the Holy Spirit and of the sacrifice of Jesus" is because we know that all sin can be forgiven by the cross. Thus, this must be the rejection of the remedy for sin, namely the cross of Christ.

I'm still not sure of what I believe regarding this doctrine.

I'd be interested to hear what others believe about the blasphemy of the Holy Spirit.

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  154
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,838
  • Content Per Day:  0.40
  • Birthday:  05/29/1991

All sin is serious....

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

when one is born from above, born anew, born again----their Spirit---has been matched up with The HOly Spirit---which is the Godhead Spirit---

blaspheming the Holy Spirit---is done when one rejects the working of the Cross and resurrection---in their sinful life.

anyone who dies, withouth Jesus as their saviour and purifier of their heart/spirit---

will not be forgiven.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

So saying that I may drop my Christianity for a bit is blasphmey against the Holy Spirit>

If that is so....then I am in a bit of bother.

All sin is serious....

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

will not be forgiven.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

So saying that I may drop my Christianity for a bit is blasphmey against the Holy Spirit>

If that is so....then I am in a bit of bother.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yomo, don't give up. Keep pressing on!

I'm in a period where I don't "feel God" like I used to. My circumstances are not the greatest (currently unemployed with a 3rd baby on the way... wife is 7 months pregnant)... but, I know that God is on the throne. I know that He knows my circumstances and I've taken it to Him in prayer.

Again:

Joh 6:68 Then Simon Peter answered him, Lord, to whom shall we go? thou hast the words of eternal life.

What else is there other than Christ? Return to the vomit of the world? That is hardly an attractive option.

Here's what I tell myself. Even IF I did something that could cause me to lose my salvation (I don't believe this can happen this is just for the sake of argument) I would still try to live for the Lord. I would rather put myself into His hands that way than live a life of open rebellion.

• 7 months later...

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  297
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  5,586
  • Content Per Day:  0.69
  • Days Won:  1

BUMP.

Hi all.

In His Love,

Suzanne