• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  860
  • Content Per Day:  0.47
  • Days Won:  0

Speaking of saved, those who endure to the end, the same shall be saved:

Matthew 24:10-13 And then shall many be offended, and shall betray one another, and shall hate one another. And many false prophets shall rise, and shall deceive many. And because iniquity shall abound, the love of many shall wax cold. But he that shall endure unto the end, the same shall be saved.

Speaking about receiving Him as Lord and master of our lives. No man receives His testimony. God is true, man is not, this is the testimony to be received.

John 3:32-33 And what he hath seen and heard, that he testifieth; and no man receiveth his testimony. He that hath received his testimony hath set to his seal that God is true.

Jesus told us He receives no honour from men. Men receive anyone who comes in their own name, but Christ they receive not. People believe the ones who receive honour one from another, they do not seek the honour that comes from God only..

John 5:41-44 I receive not honour from men. But I know you, that ye have not the love of God in you. I am come in my Father's name, and ye receive me not: if another shall come in his own name, him ye will receive. How can ye believe, which receive honour one of another, and seek not the honour that cometh from God only?

Everybody gives their own stories, own testimony, even John the baptist bare witness unto the truth, but even his word is not accepted. Christ does not receive testimony from man. If it does not come from God, how do we know it is of God ? Gods word is true, and any other words therefore are not. If John baptists word is not enough for us, definately anyone else's own testimony glorifies themselves, as the word of God is what glorifies the Lord..

John 5:31-34 If I bear witness of myself, my witness is not true.There is another that beareth witness of me; and I know that the witness which he witnesseth of me is true. Ye sent unto John, and he bare witness unto the truth. But I receive not testimony from man: but these things I say, that ye might be saved.

John 5:35 He was a burning and a shining light: and ye were willing for a season to rejoice in his light.36 But I have greater witness than that of John: for the works which the Father hath given me to finish, the same works that I do, bear witness of me, that the Father hath sent me.

Isaiah 2:22 Cease ye from man, whose breath is in his nostrils: for wherein is he to be accounted of ?

Jeremiah 17:5-10 Thus saith the Lord; Cursed be the man that trusteth in man, and maketh flesh his arm, and whose heart departeth from the Lord. For he shall be like the heath in the desert, and shall not see when good cometh; but shall inhabit the parched places in the wilderness, in a salt land and not inhabited. Blessed is the man that trusteth in the Lord, and whose hope the Lord is. For he shall be as a tree planted by the waters, and that spreadeth out her roots by the river, and shall not see when heat cometh, but her leaf shall be green; and shall not be careful in the year of drought, neither shall cease from yielding fruit.The heart is deceitful above all things, and desperately wicked: who can know it? I the Lord search the heart, I try the reins, even to give every man according to his ways, and according to the fruit of his doings.

Psalms 146:3-6 Put not your trust in princes, nor in the son of man, in whom there is no help. His breath goeth forth, he returneth to his earth; in that very day his thoughts perish. Happy is he that hath the God of Jacob for his help, whose hope is in the Lord his God: Which made heaven, and earth, the sea, and all that therein is: which keepeth truth for ever:

Isaiah 40:22 It is he that sitteth upon the circle of the earth, and the inhabitants thereof are as grasshoppers; that stretcheth out the heavens as a curtain, and spreadeth them out as a tent to dwell in:23 That bringeth the princes to nothing; he maketh the judges of the earth as vanity.

In a way it is true though, we do make our own choices, but only these ones:

Psalm 109:16 Because that he remembered not to shew mercy, but persecuted the poor and needy man, that he might even slay the broken in heart.17 As he loved cursing, so let it come unto him: as he delighted not in blessing, so let it be far from him.

Proverbs 27:14 He that blesseth his friend with a loud voice, rising early in the morning, it shall be counted a curse to him.

• Thumbs Up 1

All was predicted by God and is being fulfilled very accurately without them knowing it at all..

2 Peter 2:18 For when they speak great swelling words of vanity, they allure through the lusts of the flesh, through much wantonness, those that were clean escaped from them who live in error.19 While they promise them liberty, they themselves are the servants of corruption: for of whom a man is overcome, of the same is he brought in bondage.
20 For if after they have escaped the pollutions of the world through the knowledge of the Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ, they are again entangled therein, and overcome, the latter end is worse with them than the beginning.
21 For it had been better for them not to have known the way of righteousness, than, after they have known it, to turn from the holy commandment delivered unto them.
22 But it is happened unto them according to the true proverb, The dog is turned to his own vomit again; and the sow that was washed to her wallowing in the mire.

2 Timothy 3:1 This know also, that in the last days perilous times shall come.
2 For men shall be lovers of their own selves, covetous, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy,
3 Without natural affection, trucebreakers, false accusers, incontinent, fierce, despisers of those that are good,
4 Traitors, heady, highminded, lovers of pleasures more than lovers of God;
5 Having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof: from such turn away.
6 For of this sort are they which creep into houses, and lead captive silly women laden with sins, led away with divers lusts,
7 Ever learning, and never able to come to the knowledge of the truth.
8 Now as Jannes and Jambres withstood Moses, so do these also resist the truth: men of corrupt minds, reprobate concerning the faith.
9 But they shall proceed no further: for their folly shall be manifest unto all men, as their's also was.

1 Timothy 4:I charge thee therefore before God, and the Lord Jesus Christ, who shall judge the quick and the dead at his appearing and his kingdom;
2 Preach the word; be instant in season, out of season; reprove, rebuke, exhort with all long suffering and doctrine.
3 For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears;
4 And they shall turn away their ears from the truth, and shall be turned unto fables.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Content Count:  208
  • Content Per Day:  0.11

To be numbered among the Elect/Chosen you must escape Egypt. The Elect/Chosen are delivered from the land of Egypt. For the True Seekers of Elohim, Pharaoh must let you go, or else.

Exodus 9:1 King James Version (KJV)

9 Then the Lord said unto Moses, Go in unto Pharaoh, and tell him, Thus saith the Lord God of the Hebrews, Let my people go, that they may serve me.

Deuteronomy 14:1-2 King James Version (KJV)

14 Ye are the children of the Lord your God: ye shall not cut yourselves, nor make any baldness between your eyes for the dead.

2 For thou art an holy people unto the Lord thy God, and the Lord hath chosen thee to be a peculiar people unto himself, above all the nations that are upon the earth.

To be numbered among the living, was all the men who had not bowed the knee to Baal by Israel:

1 Kings 20:15 Then he numbered the young men of the princes of the provinces, and they were two hundred and thirty two: and after them he numbered all the people, even all the children of Israel, being seven thousand.

Romans 11:2-4 God hath not cast away his people which he foreknew. Wot ye not what the scripture saith of Elias? how he maketh intercession to God against Israel saying,Lord, they have killed thy prophets, and digged down thine altars; and I am left alone, and they seek my life. But what saith the answer of God unto him? I have reserved to myself seven thousand men, who have not bowed the knee to the image of Baal.

Israel was delivered from Egypt, then they transgressed after all the abominations of the heathen, and the Lord sent His servants the prophets, and they misused His prophets and the wrath of God came on them until there was no remedy as they were no different than any other people:

2 Chronicles 36:14-16 Moreover all the chief of the priests, and the people, transgressed very much after all the abominations of the heathen; and polluted the house of the Lord which he had hallowed in Jerusalem.And the Lord God of their fathers sent to them by his messengers, rising up betimes, and sending; because he had compassion on his people, and on his dwelling place: But they mocked the messengers of God, and despised his words, and misused his prophets, until the wrath of the Lord arose against his people, till there was no remedy.

They were nor special or above any other people by their own actions, but to perform the promise as given to Abraham which is for all people, and they themselves were a stiffnecked people and provoked the Lord even from the day that they departed out of the land of Egypt and away from Pharoah..

Deuteronomy 9:5-7 Not for thy righteousness, or for the uprightness of thine heart, dost thou go to possess their land: but for the wickedness of these nations the Lord thy God doth drive them out from before thee, and that he may perform the word which the Lord sware unto thy fathers, Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob.Understand therefore, that the Lord thy God giveth thee not this good land to possess it for thy righteousness; for thou art a stiffnecked people Remember, and forget not, how thou provokedst the Lord thy God to wrath in the wilderness: from the day that thou didst depart out of the land of Egypt, until ye came unto this place, ye have been rebellious against the Lord.

Genesis 17:5 Neither shall thy name any more be called Abram, but thy name shall be Abraham; for a father of many nations have I made thee.

To justify Sodom does not sound like what the elect do. To commit more abominations than Sodom is not what Chsen of God do, they do not receive deliverance by God from Egypt only to behave as badly. Neither do Christians receivew forgiveness and the new covenant to do the same, they receive deliverance by God to now do all of Gods ways to also deliver those in traps and to not return into Egypt..

Ezekiel 16:48-52 As I live, saith the Lord God, Sodom thy sister hath not done, she nor her daughters, as thou hast done, thou and thy daughters. Behold, this was the iniquity of thy sister Sodom, pride, fulness of bread, and abundance of idleness was in her and in her daughters, neither did she strengthen the hand of the poor and needy. And they were haughty, and committed abomination before me: therefore I took them away as I saw good. Neither hath Samaria committed half of thy sins; but thou hast multiplied thine abominations more than they, and hast justified thy sisters in all thine abominations which thou hast done.Thou also, which hast judged thy sisters, bear thine own shame for thy sins that thou hast committed more abominable than they: they are more righteous than thou: yea, be thou confounded also, and bear thy shame, in that thou hast justified thy sisters.

Isaiah 30:2 That walk to go down into Egypt, and have not asked at my mouth; to strengthen themselves in the strength of Pharaoh, and to trust in the shadow of Egypt!

Isaiah 31:1 Woe to them that go down to Egypt for help; and stay on horses, and trust in chariots, because they are many; and in horsemen, because they are very strong; but they look not unto the Holy One of Israel, neither seek the Lord!

Isaiah 31:3 Now the Egyptians are men, and not God; and their horses flesh, and not spirit. When the Lord shall stretch out his hand, both he that helpeth shall fall, and he that is holpen shall fall down, and they all shall fail together.

Romans 4:16 Therefore it is of faith, that it might be by grace; to the end the promise might be sure to all the seed; not to that only which is of the law, but to that also which is ofthe faith of Abraham; who is the father of us all,

• 4 weeks later...

• Group:  Non-Trinitarian
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  160
  • Content Per Day:  0.09

On 4/22/2019 at 11:28 AM, douge said:

God will shorten the tribulation for the elect's sake, Israel. The body of Christ is also called the elect but could not be in view in Mark 13:20 because it had not yet been revealed to Paul.

We must be very careful not to place Paul at a higher place than Jesus, or even the rest of the Apostles.

From the bulk of Scripture, we see that the Elect are those whom God has called and predestined from the foundation of the world to be "conformed into the image of His Son, the Firstborn of many brothers." In Isaiah 42:1, the word Elect in the Hebrew is plural. This includes Jew & Gentile alike whom God foreknew. This is the One Church. Yet even in this election, we must prove worthy if we are to attain to that which "Christ Jesus has laid hold of" us. 

An abhorrent, despised and rejected Truth in the churches today is that there are ranks in God's Kingdom. All are not given an equal amount of "talents" by which God will judge them. Some are called to teach, others to preach, still others to the apostleship.We cannot compare ourselves to another, or shun the gifts of those we do not understand. If each of us are faithful in the calling and gifting entrusted to us, and bear Eternal fruit in them, God will be pleased. 

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  15
  • Topic Count:  206
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  5,608
  • Content Per Day:  2.83
  • Days Won:  33

On 4/24/2019 at 9:38 PM, Willa said:

From our perspective we choose to follow Christ and receive Him as Lord and Master of our lives.  

After we are saved we learn that God chose us first.  He opened our eyes and softened our hearts, called us, revealed Himself to us, humbled us, convicted us of sin righteousness and judgement; He led us to repent, hunger to read the Bible, attend a church, be baptized and to walk in the Spirit.  In other word, we've been "set up".  

I came protesting all the way till He demonstrated to me how much He loved and cared for me personally and I fell at His feet confessing" My Lord and my God!".  

My husband was very hostile and tore up my bibles, forbid me to go to church.  I prayed that wherever he ran to he would run into God.  His clients witnessed to him, his boss's pastor visited with him at work, and one of his boss's friends in another town challenged him to read "The Late Great Planet Earth".  He returned to his motel and started to read a Gideons Bible--all night and couldn't put it down.  He started going to church.  After 6 months he went out into a wheat field and asked God to help him.  Again God set him up with a Christian boss, Christian clients, and Christians witnesses wherever he went.  What's worse, he had a Christian wife praying for him day and night.  

Praise Jesus! What a testimony Willa!

Thank you so much for sharing.

I also love the "we've been set up" analogy regarding us in how we become believers in Christ. 

Thank the Lord we've been "set up" in a very lovely way, and not the way the world would do it! 

Jesus is wonderful! Amen.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  27
  • Content Count:  302
  • Content Per Day:  0.17
  • Days Won:  1

On 4/24/2019 at 3:45 PM, Willa said:

both

Agreed. we can't say this one is elected and this one isn't based on what God did for us. His ways are above our ways.

I see that God has different criteria for different people...as in...to whom much is given more is required. That would mean that some are expected to do better than others based on their God-given abilities and grace. They who teach, for example, will be judged harder. As they who have received more grace.

The sermon on the mount is clear on this. It doesn't say "blessed are the poor in spirit'... but only those who believe this way or that way. We are to conform to God's will not that of mankind. God is fully sovereign and all things will conform to His will in the end.

• Thumbs Up 2