IGNORED

Where in the Bible is the story of the talking donkey?

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  16
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  10/19/1967

I read about the story of the talking donkey in the old testament.  I can't find it ?

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  2,679
  • Content Per Day:  1.39
  • Days Won:  16

good 'ol Balaam :)

Num 22:23

Now the donkey saw the Angel of the LORD standing in the way with His drawn sword in His hand, and the donkey turned aside out of the way and went into the field. So Balaam struck the donkey to turn her back onto the road.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  229
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  10,900
  • Content Per Day:  2.93
  • Days Won:  68
  • Birthday:  08/14/1954

Oh, you mean the story of Balaam. It's found in Numbers 22:28-31  And the Lord opened up the mouth of the ass, and she said unto Balaam, What have I done unto thee, that thou hast smitten me three times? And Balaam said unto the ass, Because thou hast mocked me: And I would that there were a sword in my hand, for now I would kill thee. And the ass said unto Balaam, Am I not thine ass, upon which thou hast ridden ever since I was thine unto this day? was I ever wont to do so unto thee? And he said, Nay. Then the Lord opened the eyes of Balaam, and he saw the angel of the Lord standing in the way, and his sword drawn in his hand: and he bowed down his head, and fell flat on his face. KJV

God bless!

Shalom,

David/BeauJangles 

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  107
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  3,820
  • Content Per Day:  1.30
  • Days Won:  2

I love this story.  What's amazing to me is not that the donkey speaks because God can make a cockroach speak if he wants to.

But what's amazing to me is that Balaam talks BACK to the donkey and has a conversation with her.

Donkey: "What have I done to you to make you beat me?"

Balaam:  "You have mocked me!!  And if I had a sword in my hand, I would KILL you!"  [The donkey was the only one who could see the angel with a sword in his hand and was trying to get away from him].

Donkey:  "Haven't I always been your very own donkey?  Have I ever treated you this way?"

Balaam:  "No."

What a conversation!  And who is the one "mocking" Balaam?  I think Balaam is making an idiot of his own self.