• Topic Count:  953
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,587
  • Content Per Day:  5.03
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

Hi Dennis, 

Juge Judy eh?

Oh memories, and ow legal fees, and what(?) no decision(!) toward what is righteous nor against what is wrong, just a running out of the clock with all parties tired broke and finally settling(?) Interesting system  federal civil courts especially Bankruptcy court where one has to battle for standing, - and then finds it doesn't mean a thing.

That particular race is a low huddle format, but without a finish line, the racers just drop dead along the way till no one is left- except the same four bankruptcy attorneys that spend all their days representing  litigants at the federal court and the judge says;  "Next! Which lawyer is reperenting whom in this one?"

That's when the light bulb of recognition lit up for me. Stay out of court! Great experience watching the proceedings. I didn't catch on until I stayed around after the case I was involved in one day, and watched how it works. It is a game of delay and delay run up the fees and then one day the attornies come in and say to Judge, "Judge the litigants have settled." The Judge  looks up, says, "Next!"

That grand lesson came at a cost of years of time and a facing of further payment of $85,000 to attorneys and experts. Plus at the end of it all, I had to eat a sizable share of a $2,100,000 loss to our righteous side. Could have had a share of $800,000 before everyone got their backsides up in the air and became stiff necked, but it was not to be. 

HOWEVER God had a perfect plan for me. His plan his provision is always perfect. May not seem it at the time, but it when allowed the time of passing by and a look nack is so, and can be seen, and appreciated. Praise God for his perfect provision.

The best advice as I see it is- Stay out of Court! Settle, settle early, forgive, move on. Be grateful to God. Do not get to the point in a dispute of being under the control of a court.

Come quickly to terms, time is not given back. From the beatitudes a principle that can be applied to all "anger"/ dispute/acts that may one to lead to court: 

“You have heard that it was said to those of old, ‘You shall not murder; and whoever murders will be liable to judgment.’  But I say to you that everyone who is angry with his brother will be liable to judgment; whoever insults his brother will be liable to the council; and whoever says, ‘You fool!’ will be liable to the hell of fire.  So if you are offering your gift at the altar and there remember that your brother has something against you, leave your gift there before the altar and go. First be reconciled to your brother, and then come and offer your gift.  Come to terms quickly with your accuser while you are going with him to court, lest your accuser hand you over to the judge, and the judge to the guard, and you be put in prison.  Truly, I say to you, you will never get out until you have paid the last penny.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  953
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,587
  • Content Per Day:  5.03
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

On 6/21/2019 at 2:24 PM, missmuffet said:

Taking an unbeliever to court may be done after prayer and guidance and direction from God for protection of their rights. 

But that makes the Christian just like the non Christian when acting with the world. As for me I will not do that.

And I have taken a pass on the opportunity.

It  to me is much like the class action lawsuits that seem to come up almost weekly. The encouragement to sign up and get some of  the bounty if an dwhen the settlemnt comes, all at no risk to me. No thanks, I'll leave that to the world, I want no part in it.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Servant
  • Followers:  21
  • Topic Count:  241
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  6,946
  • Content Per Day:  3.27
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  09/23/1954

15 hours ago, Neighbor said:

Come quickly to terms, time is not given back. From the beatitudes a principle that can be applied to all "anger"/ dispute/acts that may one to lead to court: 

I too have had to accept losses to my business due to clients witholding payments, making false accusations & spurious claims, lying and cheating, and being unwilling to deal honestly. But God is my refuge and strength, not the legal system. It is unwise to react in the flesh, absolutely right, Neighbor. Better to let it go if it is going to get nasty, which it can do if dealing with reprobates.

Scripture puts it in perspective for Christians. 

Heb 10:34-39
(34)  For you had compassion of me in my bonds, and took joyfully the spoiling of your goods, knowing in yourselves that you have in heaven a better and an enduring substance.
(35)  Cast not away therefore your confidence, which has great recompence of reward.
(36)  For you have need of patience, that, after you have done the will of God, you might receive the promise.
(37)  For yet a little while, and he that shall come will come, and will not tarry.
(38)  Now the just shall live by faith: but if any man draw back, my soul shall have no pleasure in him.
(39)  But we are not of them who draw back unto perdition; but of them that believe to the saving of the soul.
Mat 5:25-26
(25)  Agree with your adversary quickly, whiles you are in the way with him; lest at any time the adversary deliver you to the judge, and the judge deliver you to the officer, and you be cast into prison.
(26)  Verily I say unto thee, You shall by no means come out thence, till you have paid the uttermost farthing.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  83
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  2,221
  • Content Per Day:  1.17
  • Days Won:  3

well said Denis. I did not know that the law allows a lawyer to lie on behalf of their client.