IGNORED

The Two Witnesses

Guest Freshoil

Guest The Last Son of Krypton
Welcome to Worthy, Last son of Krypton!

:whistling: Got a kick out of your username (in a good sort of way)!

Thanks Nebula, I appreciate the welcome. Also think Josh may be right as well, Moses body was buried in a place that only God himself knows, and Elijah was taken up to heaven in such a Unique and Special way that I believe God has saved him for something of a greater task, and it doesnt hurt the fact that Elijah is one of the greatest prophets of the OT.

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  39
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,513
  • Content Per Day:  0.24
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  01/01/1908

Welcome to Worthy, Last son of Krypton!

:o Got a kick out of your username (in a good sort of way)!

Thanks Nebula, I appreciate the welcome. Also think Josh may be right as well, Moses body was buried in a place that only God himself knows, and Elijah was taken up to heaven in such a Unique and Special way that I believe God has saved him for something of a greater task, and it doesnt hurt the fact that Elijah is one of the greatest prophets of the OT.

One example of the insignificance of the human body being a factor is all of the bones God brought back to life again in front of Ezekiel. They were just bones. God added the flesh part. There was no mention of anything "saved" anywhere and trying to bring marrow into it is pure speculation. However, the two men God chose to stand with Him in the garden before His self-sacrifice on the cross seems a better guess(since all we can do is guess). And who cares who is right? Will we be here to say, "I told you so!!"? Is it our name we need to be glorified and acknowledged after we're gone by being the right guesser? And why literalize the "two witnesses" into human form, why not spirit? God put so many things in the Bible in metephoric terms because of arguements just like this one here.

If He felt it was important He'd have made sure to tell John to"jot these names down" during his revelation on Patmos.

• 1 month later...

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  43
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Birthday:  10/01/1984

Do you know who they are, and where it is found in the Word of God?

Some say it was Moses and Elijah.Some try to identify one of the witnesses with Enoch (because he never died.

GOD BLESS.

When you open the Bible, you see the two witnesses. You aren't going to find them in the scriptures because you are actually holding them.....the two witnesses are the Old and New Testaments. God Bless.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  80
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,595
  • Content Per Day:  0.22

The two witnesses might just be as rejected by the mainline and established churches as Jesus was by the established and recognized religious authorities in His day.

Consider the great differences between how the early church operated and how most of us operate now. The early church was very aggressive in witness even if they were imprisoned and killed for the word.

They were very much against covetousness (greed), a driving force in American society and business, (and the church also, sadly) and they were very seriously against sin as a manner of lifestyle inside the church. Paul rebuked Peter for what, to many of us, might seem to be a tiny error.

Prophets have a pattern of calling sin what it is, and having no respect of persons, so I suspect that many of the "big-name" preachers are going to call the final two witnesses erratic, unstable, and anything else that would deflect them.

Who ever they turn out to be, I would expect to stay far away from them.

Ofcourse, they will be in Irsael, anyways.

Liz

I find this quote to be very telling. Also, to believe that they will just "be in Israel" is to misread that all the world rejoices and sends gifts to one another. They are a worldwide witness, not just an Israeli witness ministry.