• Group:  Newbie
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

Hello,

I have a debate with a friend. This guy says God guided him to love my friend. She believes that praying to God, He tells her she can never be attracted or have feelings for this other Christian guy friend who is in love with her. She also believes it is okay to end the friendship because he has feelings for her and believes it is then okay to tell him that she will never ever give him a chance and date him and nothing will change that, not even time will change that.

Does this sound like something a believer of God thinks, believes and says? Does this sound like God to you?
In my experience with God, it sounds awfully judgmental and quite hurtful of her to tell a Christian man "never" to his love and then to destroy the good friendship she had with him. I feel she has severely wronged this man and has turned from God's love.
I want to help her.

Thank you

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,302
  • Content Per Day:  1.71
  • Days Won:  0

12 hours ago, Andrew121 said:

Hello,

I have a debate with a friend. This guy says God guided him to love my friend. She believes that praying to God, He tells her she can never be attracted or have feelings for this other Christian guy friend who is in love with her. She also believes it is okay to end the friendship because he has feelings for her and believes it is then okay to tell him that she will never ever give him a chance and date him and nothing will change that, not even time will change that.

Does this sound like something a believer of God thinks, believes and says? Does this sound like God to you?
In my experience with God, it sounds awfully judgmental and quite hurtful of her to tell a Christian man "never" to his love and then to destroy the good friendship she had with him. I feel she has severely wronged this man and has turned from God's love.
I want to help her.

Thank you

I'm sorry for your friend who has been told by this silly girl that she cannot love him. All you can do is support him as he grieves for what he has lost.

As for her, it sounds like she wants and believes that God is involved in every decission she makes. That she prays about what colour clothes to wear, what foot to start walking with, instead of using the intelligence God gave her to make her own choices.

Romans 12:1+2 is about having bible biased brains so we know Gods will for us.

Both God and the bible are not a supernatural fortune cookie.