• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  42
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  944
  • Content Per Day:  0.54
  • Days Won:  0

On 8/10/2019 at 7:23 PM, Dennis1209 said:

where atheists and non-believers are not using the Lord's name flippantly and with disrespect.

It’s not just atheists and non-believers. I’m not picking on Catholics, but I have heard them take Jesus Christ’s name in vain in many different ways. Some seem to love adding Mary and Joseph into the mix after the Lord’s Name. It’s not just non-believers. 

Commonsensemedia.com is a great resource. You can do a search on any movie and they will tell you if the Lord’s name is taken in vain. 

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  96
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  645
  • Content Per Day:  0.37
  • Days Won:  0

Just now, PromisesPromises! said:

While I respect your choice, unworthyservant, everything on cable TV is not Hollywood entertainment.  I've been enjoying a National Geographic series called Drain the Oceans.  Pretty interesting!  All communication media can be used for good or evil, even the computer or device you are currently using.  

I don't mean to say that everything that they show is evil. I'm only saying that the proceeds don't go toward anything other than for profit companies who are also showing all the objectionable content. All I'm saying is if faced with the question as to whether to spend our money on a luxury like cable where it goes to the company that's showing the sinful content or give it to the poor Jesus answered the latter. BTW, I think you can watch Nat Geo on the internet these days. Don't really know all about it but I'm pretty sure it's there and the internet can be used for God's will as evidenced by this very discussion.