• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.94
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

Yes, there were women who worked with Paul. There was also a Samaritan woman who evangelized to the people of her town - men and women!

Going back to spiritual gifts - would you ostracize women form these gifts?

I mean, they all do involve speaking, instructing, correcting, and such in some form or shape; even evangelizing puts you in such a place (teaching about Jesus). If women were not allowed to do such, Jesus would not have shown Himself to Mary and told her to tell His brothers of HIs resurrection and assention.

Something to think about. :rofl:

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  297
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  5,586
  • Content Per Day:  0.69
  • Days Won:  1

And yes, Priscilla and I foget the others who also assisted Paul in his missionary journeys.

"assisted" being the key word, not preached to. I do not have a problem with women teaching women.........that is Scriptural. I do have a problem with women being over a man in regard to spiritual authority, that is not Biblical, not now, nor in the past, hence the reason there were not women preachers in the Scriptures.

In His Love,

Suzanne

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  439
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  7,315
  • Content Per Day:  0.93
  • Days Won:  0

Yes, this is true..but Joyce Meyers never puts a gun to any man's head and says, "You will come to my conferences"...They attend of their own free will...no one's usurping their authority.

In the Christian schools I've taught in ...women always headed the Chapel worship services for the children. In our little Baptist church, women head the children's church during the adult services.

But a few newer posters seem to have a problem with women being seen at all. Perhaps we should just wear Burkas and cover our faces and hide away.

If the "men" don't have the intestinal fortitude to minister to those in need...then obviously, there isn't a need...or the men would do it, right?.

*(sarcasm)

You can discern the odor of pride even through a computer terminal... I wonder what they'll say when Jesus says on Judgement Day:

When I was hungry, you didn't feed me...when I was thirsty, you didn't give me drink....

Maybe they'll explain to the Lord that they didn't feel "led" by the Spirit to meet the needs of the needy...or that their church committees didn't see a need for such a program.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  29
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  329
  • Content Per Day:  0.04

If a WOMAN is under the power of the Holy Spirit and gives you a WORD from God, you'd better heed and listen to that Word!

There is no gender MALE OR FEMALE IN CHRIST! (SPIRTUALLY)

However, women do not HAVE AUTHORITY OVER MAN!

(NATURALLY)

IN CHRIST, there is not MAN NOR WOMAN! In Christ we are SPIRIT! That is also why God says that we are to worship Him in SPIRIT and truth. IN SPIRIT, HE DOES NOT SEE MAN NOR WOMAN (FLESH).

Again it's difficult to explain and/or understand carnally since this is SPIRTUALLY DISCERNED.

• Topic Count:  439
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  7,315
  • Content Per Day:  0.93

However, women do not HAVE AUTHORITY OVER MAN!

If you told that to the women of NOW (Nat'l Organization for Women) they'd have a heart attack! :(

Guest shadow2b

But a few newer posters seem to have a problem with women being seen at all. Perhaps we should

just wear Burkas and cover our faces and hide away

HMMMMMMMMMMMM??????? THAT might have possibilities cats...hmmmm???? NAWWWWwwwwWWW,

Patsy would break my arm or "some-other" part of my anatomy!!!! AND I just don't KNOW what SHE

"MIGHT" do to a perfect stranger telling HER SHE had to wear a burka & a veil over her face----

no-no-no-JEEPERS--CREEPERS--yikes--- :x: what a "dreadful" thought that is..I'VE only seen that LILL

GAL "EXPLODE"ONCE in 39 years--& I'M still thankful I wasNOT the "ONE" SHE exploded on-----

I'M not even in the "same-class"as far as "EXplosions" go

BRRRRRRRR---NO thanks--NO veils or burkas--SHHHHHH------Gary---- :( :upsided:

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  375
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  11,400
  • Content Per Day:  1.44
  • Birthday:  08/14/1971

If a WOMAN is under the power of the Holy Spirit and gives you a WORD from God, you'd better heed and listen to that Word!

This would be a word of wisdom or prophesy, not a teaching. I have no problem with women prophesying. In fact, the Bible permits and encourages it. Respectfully, VOG, your argument still does not hold.

• 3 months later...
Guest glorytothelord

There are women used in churches, here, for example, where I live, in Australia, as well as other countries eg England. They are used as deaconesses, who assist a minister in charge of a church. Also, what about missionaries - don't they help to spread God's word ? Surely these women must have been given gifts by the Holy Spirit, or they would not be able to use whatever gifts they have been given. So women must be able to speak, to help teach others.

Glory.

• 1 month later...
Guest Themessenger1

I believe that gift that the Lord has given me is the gift of knowledge, wisdom and prophecy. Every area of my life even before I became saved has shown me many things which most don't want to know or see. I used to have visions as a child and have seen the elements of the "dark side." Before I was saved I didn't see them for what they were, but now that I am, I know what they are and what they meant. I have obtained so much knowledge since my salvation that sometimes I become spiritually drained. I asked the Lord for wisdom on the deep things of the world, and wisdom on the ancient mysteries of the world, and wisdom to know the deceptions of the world and the Lord outdid himself in pointing me to these directions of knowledge. I am far from perfect and I know this. And sometimes I don't know if there is any other purpose the Lord has for me, than to learn these things. I share these things with others as much as I can, but most don't want to know or hear them. I have always questioned those grey areas of our existance which have had no answers given, and I believe that is why the Lord gave me these gifts. I know he has the answers if you want to really know them. And the Lord for some reason gave me the mental and spiritual strength to be able to handle what they wouldl tell me, so as not to be afraid of the truth.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  290
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Birthday:  04/23/1967

I am so glad we got back to the original post on Spiritual gifts. Praise God!

When I was a new Christian I went through one to one discipleship and was given a questionnaire that listed the spiritual gifts....it is called the Modified Houts Questionnaire. At the time I found I had (in order of strength- lesser to more) Discerning of spirits, giving, leadership, knowledge, exhortation, hospitality, helps, faith, service, & martyrdom. There are a lot more that I didn't have then. I haven't redone it recently. I did receive tongues later, and I use it for personal private prayer, that is until the Lord has me do it in public. I need to do it again to see if anything has changed.