• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  118
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  4,361
  • Content Per Day:  2.31
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  02/03/1953

On 8/23/2019 at 10:48 AM, Filip said:

I know that i am a child of God and i am saved with the blood of Jesus, but i want to be closer to Him. I want to know that what i do is His will and i want to be led by Him.

But i don't know how to start, how do i get close to God and be led by Him? I want to rejoice in the spirit and not the things of the flesh because i know that what God has is better, but how do i be led by God? I need God to lead me and to help me and to show me His ways because i cannot do good things without Him.

Pray constantly.  1 Thess 5:17 RSV 

[37] And he said to him, "You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your mind. 
[38] This is the great and first commandment.  Matt 22:37-38 RSV

• Thanks 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  9,605
  • Content Per Day:  3.97
  • Days Won:  21

On 8/23/2019 at 6:48 PM, Filip said:

I know that i am a child of God and i am saved with the blood of Jesus, but i want to be closer to Him. I want to know that what i do is His will and i want to be led by Him.

But i don't know how to start, how do i get close to God and be led by Him? I want to rejoice in the spirit and not the things of the flesh because i know that what God has is better, but how do i be led by God? I need God to lead me and to help me and to show me His ways because i cannot do good things without Him.

Firstly, do not sweat the small stuff. Do not wear yourself out trying to 'do the right thing' or jump thru the right hoops. Do not sin intentionally and do a lot of study and research of WHO God is. Search thru the Tanach (Old Testament) and find the things He likes. Get a good translation or two (Compare ESV with NIV or KJV) and read Psalm 82 and Deut 32 and a few other prophetic passages. learn about His ways and the way He operates. Get to know Him by His creation and how He orders it. If you draw near to Him and 'unplug' you will be able to hear Him better. I believe He will have a ton of stuff to teach you if you are serious. Read the NT in light of the OT. Keep looking, and you will be amazed at what you will find.

• Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  27
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

2 hours ago, Justin Adams said:

Firstly, do not sweat the small stuff. Do not wear yourself out trying to 'do the right thing' or jump thru the right hoops. Do not sin intentionally and do a lot of study and research of WHO God is. Search thru the Tanach (Old Testament) and find the things He likes. Get a good translation or two (Compare ESV with NIV or KJV) and read Psalm 82 and Deut 32 and a few other prophetic passages. learn about His ways and the way He operates. Get to know Him by His creation and how He orders it. If you draw near to Him and 'unplug' you will be able to hear Him better. I believe He will have a ton of stuff to teach you if you are serious. Read the NT in light of the OT. Keep looking, and you will be amazed at what you will 

Thank you, i don't ever remember reading Deutoronomy 32 until now, thanks for showing me that. Also i read Psalm 82, but i didn't quite understand, i though maybe you'd like to explain it to me, but it's not a problem if you don't, God has a way.

Also i am wondering what do you mean by "unplugging"? And how those one "unplug"?

Edited by Filip

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  9,605
  • Content Per Day:  3.97
  • Days Won:  21

11 hours ago, Filip said:

Thank you, i don't ever remember reading Deutoronomy 32 until now, thanks for showing me that. Also i read Psalm 82, but i didn't quite understand, i though maybe you'd like to explain it to me, but it's not a problem if you don't, God has a way.

Also i am wondering what do you mean by "unplugging"? And how those one "unplug"?

Check out 'Unseen Realm' by Dr. Heiser. Some are on YouTube. Also read the scriptures I gave you in the ESV or EXB translations as the 'various doctrines' smeared the other ones generally. One MUST note that translators AND original writers used their world-view and current understanding when they wrote scriptures. Writing scripture was not a paranormal thing. Just people being inspired where they were and as they were.

Unplug means try to stay away from that general noise that surrounds us - music, news, nonsense. In other words, get quiet so you can hear.

Blessings.

• 10 months later...

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,176
  • Content Per Day:  0.85
  • Birthday:  04/29/1987

On 8/23/2019 at 6:48 PM, Filip said:

Fasting helps and study of his word. Speak to your pastor aswell.