• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  83
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  2,221
  • Content Per Day:  1.17
  • Days Won:  3

Above all hungry for God

In our church , we have many values  but this is the main one: above all hungry for God. Because we have so many hungry people for God,nearly the whole church turns up for prayer meetings: the worship team ,all the leaders  , families with their children, youth and young adults.

Likewise before our Sunday service, over half the church are there 1 hour early seeking the presence of God. Hebrew word for "presence" is panim  which is also translated "face, " implying a close and personal encounter with the Lord. No wonder, God turns up with a display of power and in miracles signs and wonders are very common in our services.

we have so many hungry people who are willing to seek His face.

my definition of  hunger ?

Hunger is simply a desire that moves you to seek more of God. There is always more of God to get since God is infinite. If you say that you are hungry for God, then your life is in pursuit of him. you'll give God the best. You'll give God the first. That hunger will drive you out of bed early in the morning even when its cold.

A man after God's own heart

This is what made David a man after God's own heart. David was pursuing after God. When he was a shepherd boy, he was pursing after the heart of God. when he was a king , he was pursing after the heart of God. You only have to read the Psalm :

O God, you are my God; early will I seek you: my soul thirsts for you, my flesh longs for you ( Psalm 63:1). As the deer pants after the water brooks, so pants my soul after you, O God.( Psalm 42:1). One thing have I desired of the LORD, that will I seek after; that I may dwell in the house of the LORD all the days of my life, to behold the beauty of the LORD ( Psalm 27:4)

Go for God

If your walk with God has become dull , I am not talking about more prayer, more bible study , more church attendance. It all starts with desire. You can stir up a desire. God I want an encounter that ignite more passion for you in my heart. God I want a burning bush encounter. I want an encounter that will change me for the rest of my days .God I want more of you.

desire is what will cause you to pursue to seek God. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.( Jeremiah 29:13).

a church after the heart of God

David was a man's after God's own heart. But just think of a church where over half of the congregation are chasing after God's own heart. ! it's vibrant , its alive, its faith filled for the miraculous. The manifest presence of God is in their midst with signs wonders breaking out at all times.

this is what the early church had. They were so hungry, they were permeated with the presence of God that even the shadow of Peter passing by would heal the sick. when handkerchief taken from the body of Paul, the sick would be healed. when they prayed, the whole building shook.

I am sure that we all want more of God, more of his presence. But how can we get ALL of God if we don't seek him with all the we are. ?

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Loved it! 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,299
  • Content Per Day:  1.72
  • Days Won:  0

Wonderful that people are hungry for God.

Guard your fellowship against that which will spoil it.

• Loved it! 1