1 Corinthians 9:20-22

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  99
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

...which one do you want to believe? maybe both? you know it's not about "one up'ing" someone (another good American "Idiom") or proving someone wrong...but to edify...You decide one way, or the other, or both ,or neither (thats a very Hebraic way to study with people). "On the other hand..." is also very Hebraic...(it goes with "2 Jews, 3 Opinions") :)

My personal rabbit trails in study of the Word include:

1.The Father's Festivals:Sabbath,Passover,Unleaven Bread,First Fruits,Penticost,and Rosh HaShannah, Yom Kippur, Sukkot...I find references to these Moedim "Appointed Times" everywhere...

2.also Idioms...they are just as much everywhere in scripture as we have them in our language today...

3. and the End Times is another favorite thing of mine... I have let it rest on the other two(above) and look from a more Hebraic sence as to the future "Birth Pains of the Messiah" (Idiom for the Tribulation).

So I never knock someone elses opinion, I don't believe it's "cool man" :) :)

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  366
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  10,933
  • Content Per Day:  1.57
  • Days Won:  1

Paralleism is actually a phenomona that was typical of poetic language especially the Psalms. Typically the second strophe clarified the first. There is little evidence to say that Paul is using it here in non-poetic literature

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  143
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Birthday:  06/05/1967

And in all due respect Shiloh, I would disagree. It does fit the context, provides the necessary imagry and is consistent with the truth it is illistrating, to the spirit given me.

do I need evidence? am I only trying to prove something? If that were the case then who would I edify? Myself, maybe... others, not likely ....no my brother I am only here to edify, not debate, If my words don't edify you then perhaps another they will, I can accept that :noidea:

I'm with Shiloh on this one because he has "a leg up" (idiom) on this one. He's got a "handle" (idiom) on hermanutics like few you will encounter.

There are little long and narrow holes in the walls around Jerusalem which are called the "eye of the needle" (idiom).

I do believe that this is what Yeshua was referring to (as Shiloh has already said) and though Tim Hegg is quite a scholar, I also believe that he's on a fishing mission and missed the lake while looking for a pond on this one.

In the context of the passage, Shaul is definitely saying that he communicates with every person who needs to hear the gospel in a way that they will understand by relating to where they are in life.

It is no more complicated than that.

Guest Zayit

I dont' know if this is helping or hindering the conversation, but the letter gimel for which we interpret as the letter 'g' in ancient hebrew the literal meaning is camel, it means pride or to lift up.

:noidea::( and here's a hug to prove my point my friend...That's what Tish is about :taped::(:noidea: to build you up in love.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  29
  • Content Count:  172
  • Content Per Day:  0.02

Tishri likes to ride on camels..or should I say... it's hard to debate with Tishri as it is as hard to ride on a camel? HA.

Even though I've never really riden on a camel..or even used camel hair for a rope or...been lifted up using a camel. Whatever pleases you most.