• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  1,285
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  17,917
  • Content Per Day:  2.27
  • Days Won:  19

Grace to you,

Zayit,

Oh, is that the law around here? they disappear without a trace? Is there a section on the rules and moderator behavior? Just wondering. I can't seem to find anything like that, or a forum where things are explained like why there are no avatars, or names in different colors and people glory when they turn red. Very confusing.

There are Terms of Service at the top of the Main page. There is also a Statement of Faith. Posts do not simply disappear. They are removed at the discretion of the Ministry Team here. The team consists of the Moderation team and the Watchmen who oversee every move we make. We act as we are led. We are accountable to God as well for every word here. We do not recieve pay for this task. We are called and volunteer our time as we can. Serving our Glorious Lord, Jesus. Every post removed or thread cleaned results in a PM being sent to the original poster and party's involved as is necessary. We try very hard to comply by this rule. Although at times all of us who serve here are pressed for time. We have jobs, family's, other Ministries and personal lives. :P

Avators had to be eliminated sometime ago due to legal ramifications. I do not really know the ins and outs.

Colors mean nothing. At one time they established a level of status on the Ministry. Now they simply define how many posts one does have. The Mods and Watchmen are Purple to define who they are.

Please if you have any questions? The Mods are available. Like I said, "We Serve the Lord here." I hope to be able to Serve you thereby Him efficiently and with Love. :P

Peace,

Dave

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Zayit

Thank you for answering my questions Dr. As far as the posts disappearing, I guess I am used to other forums editing posts but leaving something there to show that the poster did post something. Unless of course the whole post goes against the rules. I guess I am wondering about this as I had been trying for months to get over to these new boards and wrote to George on the other board, PM's emails you name it and never got a response, then I realized you could post in one of the forums here as a guest and I started a post about how could I sign in here to this forum and my whole post just got erased and I never got an answer. It just seemed rather rude and un christian like to do that. I was a member since 2002.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  1,285
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  17,917
  • Content Per Day:  2.27
  • Days Won:  19

Zayit,

No problem brother. Please call me Dave. :)

The post as a guest was probably in the Seekers Forum. That post was most likely forwarded to George for his action. The Seekers Forum is just that, for those seeking Christ. All posts there go on Moderator review. We review them and release them as warranted. Something like a request for technical help would have been removed and forwarded to George. :) We cannot PM a guest since they are not registered. There is no account to PM. :)

God Bless you today brother. I am glad you returned. I see much wisdom in your posts. Let's allow this topic to get back on course. :)

Peace,

Dave

Guest KimTK-E1966

This has been an interesting discussion. Can anyone recommend a book which discusses Biblical passages such as these from a Jewish cultural perspective? :)

I would like to get more out of my Bible reading by not "westernizing" passages.

Thanks!

Guest shiloh357
This has been an interesting discussion.  Can anyone recommend a book which discusses Biblical passages such as these from a Jewish cultural perspective?  :)

I would like to get more out of my Bible reading by not "westernizing" passages.

Thanks!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The Jewish New Testament Commentary by David Stern. A valuable resource. You can get both the New Testament and the Commentary on CD ROM as well as in print form. That is a good place to start.

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  99
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

http://www.ffoz.org/

most every one I know has enjoyed this Ministry...Boaz has produced lots of materials that aid the believer in personal study and can even refer you to any groups that may be in your area

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  99
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

This has been an interesting discussion.  Can anyone recommend a book which discusses Biblical passages such as these from a Jewish cultural perspective?  :thumbsup:

Thanks!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The Jewish New Testament Commentary by David Stern. A valuable resource. You can get both the New Testament and the Commentary on CD ROM as well as in print form. That is a good place to start.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I love both of these! I actually wore out two copies of the Bible that's how much I used it (and kept giving them away)

http://www.christianbook.com/Christian/Boo...=90081&event=CF

Guest shiloh357
http://www.ffoz.org/

most every one I know has enjoyed this Ministry...Boaz has produced lots of materials that aid the believer in personal study and can even refer you to any groups that may be in your area

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

FFOZ is awesome!!