• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  447
  • Content Per Day:  0.27
  • Days Won:  0

20 hours ago, Tzephanyahu said:

I have been studying for myself for over 40 years.  I am not saying that makes me right, but I have done my homework.  You are right that we learn day by day and I am sure you agree will will never know it all in this life.

Peace and joy

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  447
  • Content Per Day:  0.27

On 10/27/2019 at 4:21 PM, BeauJangles said:

Hi @omega2xx

Indeed, blessed be the name of the LORD. Which translated into our alphabet would be, YHVH. 

Psalm 113:2-4 2Blessed be the name of the LORD from this time forth and for evermore. 3From the rising of the sun unto the going down of the same the LORD's name is to be praised. 4The LORD is high above all nations, and his glory above the heavens.  KJV

Welcome to Worthy and God bless you!

Shalom, 

David/BeauJangles

I Am that I Am

“God said to Moses, I AM WHO I AM.  This is what you are to say to the Israelites:  ‘I AM has sent me to you.'”  (Exodus 3:14)

When Moses stood before God at the Burning Bush inquiring about His name, God understood how important it was that Moses was able to reveal to the Israelites this important piece of information.

In response, God told Moses ‘Ehye Asher Ehye(אֶהְיֶה אֲשֶׁר אֶהְיֶה) or simply ‘Ehye’ (אֶהְיֶה).

In most English Bibles this name is translated as “I Am Who I Am” or simply “I Am.” (Exodus 3:14)

As in all the names that God uses to reveal Himself, this key name of God tells us some essential information about who He is.

The Hebrew alphabet gives a clue to the meaning behind this name.

The fact that it begins with Aleph (אֶ), the first letter of the Hebrew alphabet, is indicative of the future tense.  Therefore this name can be translated ‘I Will Be Who I Will Be.’

The Tetragrammaton: YHVH (יהוה)

“God also said to Moses, ‘I am the LORD [YHVH].  I appeared to Abraham, to Isaac, and to Jacob as God Almighty [El Shaddai], but by My name the LORD [YHVH] I did not make myself known to them.”  (Exodus 6:2, 3)

In Scripture, God reveals His sacred, four letter proper name.  However, most Jewish people will not speak this personal name out of reverence for His holiness and fear of transgressing the command that forbids using God’s name in vain (Exodus 20:7).

Instead, the term Adonai (my Lord) or Hashem (The Name) is substituted.

This sacred name comprises the following Hebrew letters:  yud, hey, vav, hey—YHVH ( יהוה ).

This name is technically known as the Tetragrammatan, which is a combination of two Greek words meaning four letters.

Since the original Hebrew text did not use vowels, it is impossible to determine the exact pronunciation of this name, and therefore it has been the subject of much speculation and controversy.  It is often transcribed in English as Yahweh or Jehovah.

Instead of using one of these English variations, many English Bible translations print the word LORD (in all caps or small caps to distinguish it from other Hebrew words that are translated Lord).

They do this out of tradition or respect for the name of God.

Thank you for you kind welcome and the information on God's names.

I agree with all of it, but I dislike translating one of His names as "I will be who I will be."  God has been who He is before the beginning of time.  He is the same yesterday, today and forever(Heb 13:8)

Of course He may be reassuring us that we can rely on what He says he is to mankind.

Peace and joy

• Group:  Non-Trinitarian
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  187
  • Content Per Day:  0.08

GINOLJC, to all.

not saying anyone is right or wrong,  but consider this. neither the man made up names Jehovah nor Yahweh is God personal name.  lets see how they derived at those names from the tetragrammaton. The word "JEHOVAH" was formed by merging the three vowels (e, o, and a) into the Romanized (Latinized) four letter version JHVH to get, JeHoVaH. and the word "YAHWEH" was formed by merging the vowels (a, and e), into the four letter version to get, YaHWeH. so we have the English man made, and the Hebrew man made form of God's supposed unpronounced name. but the KJV exposes this nonesense, right in the scriptures. one poster posed the scripture, listen. Exodus 6:3 "And I appeared unto Abraham, unto Isaac, and unto Jacob, by the name of God Almighty, but by my name JEHOVAH was I not known to them."

ok, if the name "Jehovah" was not known to abraham, question, why was it in Abraham mouth? supportive scripture, Genesis 22:14 "And Abraham called the name of that place Jehovahjireh: as it is said to this day, In the mount of the LORD it shall be seen." ok, someone is not correct. God is true, and abraham is the friend of God, and God hate liers. so that eliminate God, and abraham. which leave the translators. and I believe their mistake is this, as what was afore mention. "I AM" or "I AM THAT I AM" or H1961 הָיָה hayah (haw-yaw) v. is a verb. and verbs are not NOUNS. that was the tranalators first mistake. a verb describ what someone is in ACTION. I am the KING, I am the LORD, ect... that describes "WHAT" he is in Name. that's the difference between "What" someone is name VS "Who" someone is in name. example, if I was to ask, "What" is the first woman name, many would say Eve, and they would be in ERROR. why? because I asked "WHAT" is the first woman name. her name is "Adam" because that's "WHAT" she is in NAME, supportive scripture. Genesis 5:1 "This is the book of the generations of Adam. In the day that God created man, in the likeness of God made he him;"Genesis 5:2 "Male and female created he them; and blessed them, and called their name Adam, in the day when they were created." Adam is what she is in NAME. now if I would have asked, "WHO" was the first woman in name, then the correct answer would have been "Eve". because "Eve" is "WHO" she vs Adam as to "WHAT" she is in name. see the difference now. so if we go back to Exodus 3:13, Moses asked God "WHAT" is his name, not "WHO" is he in name. for if he, Moses, would  have asked "Who" is you in name, Game over pack our bags and we could go home. for the answer would have been "YESHUA", or in English "JESUS".

why do we say this? because in Isaiah 52:6 God said, "Therefore my people shall know my name: therefore they shall know in that day that I am he that doth speak: behold, it is I." two thing to notice. A. shall is a future tense, so in the future from Isaiah his people will know his personal name. which bring us to B. "HIS" personal name. God said, his people will know ... "MY" name. here my is personal. so when in the future was God personal name was made known? he said,"in that day that I am he that doth speak: behold, it is I." ok, do we have scripture to this? yes, John 8:24 "I said therefore unto you, that ye shall die in your sins: for if ye believe not that I am he, ye shall die in your sins." there it is, plain as day, "I am he", so do you believe?, if not, then you're still in your sins. 

PICJAG.

Edited by 101G