• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  415
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  606
  • Content Per Day:  0.18
  • Days Won:  0

TALKING TOO MUCH?

Pr 10:19  When words are many, sin is not absent, but he who holds his tongue is wise.

Or
Pr 12:23 "A prudent man keeps his knowledge to himself, but the heart of fools blurts out folly."
Pr 17:27,28  "A man of knowledge uses words with restraint, and a man of understanding is even-tempered.  Even a fool is thought wise if he keeps silent, and discerning if he holds his tongue."

Likewise James writes, "If anyone considers himself religious and yet does not keep a tight rein on his tongue, he deceives himself and his religion is worthless." Jas 1:26 and "My dear brothers, take note of this: Everyone should be quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to become angry." Jas 1:19

So also even in prayer "Do not be quick with your mouth, do not be hasty in your heart to utter anything before God. God is in heaven and you are on earth, so let your words be few." Ecc 5:2

Pr 20:19 A gossip betrays a confidence; so avoid a man who talks too much.

The Berean Christian Bible Study Resources

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  48
  • Content Per Day:  0.03

12 minutes ago, bcbsr said:

TALKING TOO MUCH?

Pr 10:19  When words are many, sin is not absent, but he who holds his tongue is wise.

Or
Pr 12:23 "A prudent man keeps his knowledge to himself, but the heart of fools blurts out folly."
Pr 17:27,28  "A man of knowledge uses words with restraint, and a man of understanding is even-tempered.  Even a fool is thought wise if he keeps silent, and discerning if he holds his tongue."

Likewise James writes, "If anyone considers himself religious and yet does not keep a tight rein on his tongue, he deceives himself and his religion is worthless." Jas 1:26 and "My dear brothers, take note of this: Everyone should be quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to become angry." Jas 1:19

So also even in prayer "Do not be quick with your mouth, do not be hasty in your heart to utter anything before God. God is in heaven and you are on earth, so let your words be few." Ecc 5:2

Pr 20:19 A gossip betrays a confidence; so avoid a man who talks too much.

The Berean Christian Bible Study Resources

Never hold our peace..

Isaiah 62:6 I have set watchmen upon thy walls, O Jerusalem, which shall never hold their peace day nor night: ye that make mention of the Lord, keep not silence,

Proverbs 21:28 A false witness shall perish: but the man that heareth speaketh constantly.29 A wicked man hardeneth his face: but as for the upright, he directeth his way.

2 Timothy 4:1 I charge thee therefore before God, and the Lord Jesus Christ, who shall judge the quick and the dead at his appearing and his kingdom;Preach the word; be instant in season, out of season; reprove, rebuke, exhort with all long suffering and doctrine.For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears;And they shall turn away their ears from the truth, and shall be turned unto fables.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  43
  • Topic Count:  229
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  10,900
  • Content Per Day:  2.92
  • Days Won:  68
  • Birthday:  08/14/1954

17 minutes ago, vincents_desk said:

Never hold our peace..

Really? You seem to enjoy lengthy posts, so this should be edifying. 

'Hold Your Peace' 

They said to him, "Hold your peace, put your hand on your mouth, and go with us, and be to us a father and a priest. Is it better for you to be priest to the house of one man, or to be priest to a tribe and a family in Israel?"

Absalom her brother said to her, "Has Amnon your brother been with you? But now hold your peace, my sister. He is your brother. Don't take this thing to heart." So Tamar remained desolate in her brother Absalom's house.

The prophets' sons who were at Bethel came to Elisha and said, Do you know that the Lord will take your master away from you today? He said, Yes, I know it; hold your peace.

The sons of the prophets who were at Jericho came to Elisha and said, Do you know that the Lord will take your master away from you today? And he answered, Yes, I know it; hold your peace.

So the Levites stilled all the people, saying, Hold your peace, for the day is holy; neither be ye grieved.

For if you altogether hold your peace at this time, then shall relief and deliverance arise to the Jews from another place; but you and your father's house shall be destroyed: and who knows whether you are come to the kingdom for such a time as this?

O that ye would altogether hold your peace! and it should be your wisdom.

Hold your peace, let me alone, that I may speak, and let come on me what will.

Give heed, O Job, listen to me; hold your peace, and I will speak.

If [you do] not [have anything to say], listen to me; hold your peace, and I will teach you wisdom.

Will you refrain yourself for these things, Yahweh? Will you hold your peace, and afflict us very severely?

Hold your peace at the presence of the Lord GOD: for the day of the LORD is at hand: for the LORD has prepared a sacrifice, he has bidden his guests.

And Jesus rebuked him, saying, Hold your peace, and come out of him.

And Jesus rebuked him, saying, Hold your peace, and come out of him. And when the demon had thrown him down in the midst, he came out of him, and hurt him not.

Edited by BeauJangles
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, BeauJangles said:

Really? You seem to enjoy lengthy posts, so this should be edifying. 

'Hold Your Peace' 

They said to him, "Hold your peace, put your hand on your mouth, and go with us, and be to us a father and a priest. Is it better for you to be priest to the house of one man, or to be priest to a tribe and a family in Israel?"

Absalom her brother said to her, "Has Amnon your brother been with you? But now hold your peace, my sister. He is your brother. Don't take this thing to heart." So Tamar remained desolate in her brother Absalom's house.

The prophets' sons who were at Bethel came to Elisha and said, Do you know that the Lord will take your master away from you today? He said, Yes, I know it; hold your peace.

The sons of the prophets who were at Jericho came to Elisha and said, Do you know that the Lord will take your master away from you today? And he answered, Yes, I know it; hold your peace.

So the Levites stilled all the people, saying, Hold your peace, for the day is holy; neither be ye grieved.

For if you altogether hold your peace at this time, then shall relief and deliverance arise to the Jews from another place; but you and your father's house shall be destroyed: and who knows whether you are come to the kingdom for such a time as this?

O that ye would altogether hold your peace! and it should be your wisdom.

Hold your peace, let me alone, that I may speak, and let come on me what will.

Give heed, O Job, listen to me; hold your peace, and I will speak.

If [you do] not [have anything to say], listen to me; hold your peace, and I will teach you wisdom.

Will you refrain yourself for these things, Yahweh? Will you hold your peace, and afflict us very severely?

Hold your peace at the presence of the Lord GOD: for the day of the LORD is at hand: for the LORD has prepared a sacrifice, he has bidden his guests.

And Jesus rebuked him, saying, Hold your peace, and come out of him.

And Jesus rebuked him, saying, Hold your peace, and come out of him. And when the demon had thrown him down in the midst, he came out of him, and hurt him not.

Only the wicked are silenced and have their mouths shut..

Isaiah 62:6 I have set watchmen upon thy walls, O Jerusalem, which shall never hold their peace day nor night: ye that make mention of the Lord, keep not silence

1 Samuel 2:9 He will keep the feet of his saints, and the wicked shall be silent in darkness; for by strength shall no man prevail.

Titus 1:11 Whose mouths must be stopped, who subvert whole houses, teaching things which they ought not, for filthy l ucre's sake.

Psalm 31:18 Let the lying lips be put to silence; which speak grievous things proudly and contemptuously against the righteous.

Psalm 94:17 Unless the Lord had been my help, my soul had almost dwelt in silence.

Psalm 115:17 The dead praise not the Lord, neither any that go down into silence.

Ecclesiastes 3:7 A time to rend, and a time to sew; a time to keep silence, and a time to speak;

Matthew 22:34 But when the Pharisees had heard that he had put the Sadducees to silence, they were gathered together.

1 Peter 2:15 For so is the will of God, that with well doing ye may put to silence the ignorance of foolish men:

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  43
  • Topic Count:  229
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  10,900
  • Content Per Day:  2.92
  • Days Won:  68
  • Birthday:  08/14/1954

38 minutes ago, vincents_desk said:

Only the wicked are silenced and have their mouths shut..

I don't prefer to do "dueling scriptures". It's foolish and immature. Have a good one. I'm out. 

• Loved it! 1

4 minutes ago, BeauJangles said:

I don't prefer to do "dueling scriptures". It's foolish and immature. Have a good one. I'm out. 

There is no duel, the righteous are not silenced like the wicked, that would make no sense, in Job for example, it was the wrong speaking friends to hold their peace, not Job. If you do not feel edified, sorry about that, catch ya later