IGNORED

Visitations by Jesus or Angels

spiritman

Guest Zayit
My wife used to have a "gaurdian angel" who would appear to her in the form of a shadow. When we started going to this charismatic church her gaurdian angel stopped showing up. I believe it was actually a demon because it appeared to be more of a stalker than a helper. :P

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Usually if it's black in color its a demon, if its real bright white like snow, it usually an angel. :thumbsup:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I would be careful giving that advise for does it not say that "it is no marvel, for HaSatan himself is transformed into an angel of light'?

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Zayit
It didn't happen to me, but I personallly know many Jewish believers who had a visit from Yeshua before they became believers, I guess it depends on the individual case, and how much trash has to be gotten through, sometimes that is what it takes, but only if you are truly seeking.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Ya, I heard on cbn one night that people over in I think it was India, where having visitations by Christ, he was explaining to them who he was, and alot of those brothers and sister where being put to death , after they got saved. My friend will be glad to know that there are others besides himself being visited by Christ, it is a burden off his shoulders, he dares not tell it to very many, even in the Chruch, because, for some reason they either don't believe him, or say that his faith is so weak, that he needs a visitation to believe. I can assure you I've known him since he was a child, and he Loves the Lord with all his heart.

I do wonder however, why there is such a negetive attuide on this in the Chruch, Some of the brothers, and sisters in the Chruch are not getting all the Lord has for them.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I would have to say jealousy? Envy , that they haven't seen him themselves ? But I would count it for good, as Yeshua/Jesus told Thomas, blessed are those who have not seen and yet have believed. :thumbsup:

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  366
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  10,933
  • Content Per Day:  1.57
  • Days Won:  1

Of course any vision or word would need to be tested against the written word of God. It is our final authority in matters of faith and practice. No additional revelations are binding on us unless they are substatiated by the word of God

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  127
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,131
  • Content Per Day:  0.16
  • Birthday:  02/25/1962

My first sighting of an Angel/Angels was when I was 7. Very vivid. I was getting ready for bed and I saw 2 glowing beings at the foot of my bed. I closed my eyes thinking it was my imagination, but when I opened them again, they were still there. I felt alot of peace and I was not afraid. I shut my eyes again, just to make sure they were real, and then they dissapeared. I went to bed that night feeling safe.
Edited by spiritman

My wife used to have a "gaurdian angel" who would appear to her in the form of a shadow. When we started going to this charismatic church her gaurdian angel stopped showing up. I believe it was actually a demon because it appeared to be more of a stalker than a helper. ;)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Usually if it's black in color its a demon, if its real bright white like snow, it usually an angel. ;)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I would be careful giving that advise for does it not say that "it is no marvel, for HaSatan himself is transformed into an angel of light'?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Interesting point, I believe there is another Bible verse that says that in God there is no darkness at all. I will go back to study the verse you mentioned to make sure that instead of talking about actual color, that it isn't talking about, character. For in some Bible verses, it refers to Jesus being the Light, besides color this word can also mean enlightenment, enabling one to see. unblinding the eyes of others. shining a light in the darkness for example, spiritualy speaking opening the eyes of the Blind, not only in the flesh, but also in the spirit. could this verse be talking about the fact that maybe Satan will try to mimic God in Charater and not in actual color???

:P

Edited by spiritman

It didn't happen to me, but I personallly know many Jewish believers who had a visit from Yeshua before they became believers, I guess it depends on the individual case, and how much trash has to be gotten through, sometimes that is what it takes, but only if you are truly seeking.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Ya, I heard on cbn one night that people over in I think it was India, where having visitations by Christ, he was explaining to them who he was, and alot of those brothers and sister where being put to death , after they got saved. My friend will be glad to know that there are others besides himself being visited by Christ, it is a burden off his shoulders, he dares not tell it to very many, even in the Chruch, because, for some reason they either don't believe him, or say that his faith is so weak, that he needs a visitation to believe. I can assure you I've known him since he was a child, and he Loves the Lord with all his heart.

I do wonder however, why there is such a negetive attuide on this in the Chruch, Some of the brothers, and sisters in the Chruch are not getting all the Lord has for them.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I would have to say jealousy? Envy , that they haven't seen him themselves ? But I would count it for good, as Yeshua/Jesus told Thomas, blessed are those who have not seen and yet have believed. ;)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Amen ;)

Of course any vision or word would need to be tested against the written word of God. It is our final authority in matters of faith and practice. No additional revelations are binding on us unless they are substatiated by the word of God

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yep. I agree the Bible has to be the final Measuring stick for all things, I have yet to see any countering scripture, that says ;Jesus Can't appear to anyone today, if he chooses, or Jesus won't appear to anyone today.

;)

Guest Zayit
My first sighting of an Angel/Angels was when I was 7. Very vivid. I was getting ready for bed and I saw 2 glowing beings at the foot of my bed. I closed my eyes thinking it was my imagination, but when I opened them again, they were still there. I felt alot of peace and I was not afraid. I shut my eyes again, just to make sure they were real, and then they dissapeared. I went to bed that night feeling safe.  I've had MANY more encounters with Angels and Demons. My worst experiance with a demon was when I was 16. Again, I was getting ready for bed. I sensed alot of fear that night. As I got into bed,  I turned over I saw a HUGE Black being beside my bed. My heart felt as if it stopped. I can't even explain the fear I had. I closed my eyes tight and prayed to G-d to Help me. As I opened my eyes again the being was gone and the room seemed a bit lighter. The fear was gone also. Those are just some of my experiances.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Interesting, I have never seen them first hand, but live with someone that does all the time so by watching them I know when they are around. ;)

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  80
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

My wife used to have a "gaurdian angel" who would appear to her in the form of a shadow. When we started going to this charismatic church her gaurdian angel stopped showing up. I believe it was actually a demon because it appeared to be more of a stalker than a helper. :24:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Usually if it's black in color its a demon, if its real bright white like snow, it usually an angel. :)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

you dont really believe that all bad angels dress in black....like the movies; the good guys wear white and bad guys wear black,

do you think Satan appeared to christ dressed in a black robe? he appeared to him as an angel of light. when he spoke, christ knew who it was. why? because none his angels doubt that he is the son of god. none...

Paul has to say about satan and his ministers!

2Co 11:14 And no marvel; for Satan himself is transformed into an angel of light.

2Co 11:15 Therefore it is no great thing if his ministers also be transformed as the ministers of righteousness; whose end shall be according to their works.

My wife used to have a "gaurdian angel" who would appear to her in the form of a shadow. When we started going to this charismatic church her gaurdian angel stopped showing up. I believe it was actually a demon because it appeared to be more of a stalker than a helper. :rolleyes:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Usually if it's black in color its a demon, if its real bright white like snow, it usually an angel. :24:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

you dont really believe that all bad angels dress in black....like the movies; the good guys wear white and bad guys wear black,

do you think Satan appeared to christ dressed in a black robe? he appeared to him as an angel of light. when he spoke, christ knew who it was. why? because none his angels doubt that he is the son of god. none...

Paul has to say about satan and his ministers!

2Co 11:14 And no marvel; for Satan himself is transformed into an angel of light.

2Co 11:15 Therefore it is no great thing if his ministers also be transformed as the ministers of righteousness; whose end shall be according to their works.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

do you think Satan appeared to christ dressed in a black robe? he appeared to him as an angel of light.

hum What chapter and verse did you say that was in the Bible where it says that Satan appeared to Christ in any kind of robe or that he appeared before Christ as an angel of light, I seem to be having trouble finding that scripture.

when he spoke, christ knew who it was. why? because none his angels doubt that he is the son of god. none...

Yes I agree with the fact that Christ knows who satan is.

here are some commentaries I grabbed up to help with this verse in 2nd Cor 11:14

Adam Clarke

Satan himself is transformed into an angel of light.

As in 2 Corinthians 11:3 the apostle had the history of the temptation and fall of man particularly in view, it is very likely that here he refers to the same thing. In what ever form Satan appeared to our first mother, his pretensions and professions gave him the appearance of a good angel; and by pretending that Eve should get a great increase of light, that is, wisdom and understanding, he deceived her, and led her to transgress. It is generally said that Satan has three forms under which he tempts men: 1. The subtle serpent. 2. The roaring lion. 3. The angel of light. He often, as the angel of light, persuades men to do things under the name of religion, which are subversive of it. Hence all the persecutions, faggots, and fires of a certain Church, under pretence of keeping heresy out of the Church; and hence all the horrors and infernalities of the inquisition. In the form of heathen persecution, like a lion he has ravaged the heritage of the Lord. And by means of our senses and passions, as the subtle serpent, he is frequently deceiving us, so that often the workings of corrupt nature are mistaken for the operations of the Spirit of God.

Matthew Henry

III. The false apostles are charged as deceitful workers (2 Corinthians 11:13), and that upon this account, because they would transform themselves into the likeness of the apostles of Christ, and, though they were the ministers of Satan, would seem to be the ministers of righteousness. They would be as industrious and as generous in promoting error as the apostles were in preaching truth; they would endeavour as much to undermine the kingdom of Christ as the apostles did to establish it. There were counterfeit prophets under the Old Testament, who wore the garb and learned the language of the prophets of the Lord. So there were counterfeit apostles under the New Testament, who seemed in many respects like the true apostles of Christ. And no marvel (says the apostle); hypocrisy is a thing not to be much wondered at in this world, especially when we consider the great influence Satan has upon the minds of many, who rules in the hearts of the children of disobedience. As he can turn himself into any shape, and put on almost any form, and look sometimes like an angel of light, in order to promote his kingdom of darkness, so he will teach his ministers and instruments to do the same. But it follows, Their end is according to their works (2 Corinthians 11:15); the end will discover them to be deceitful workers, and their work will end in ruin and destruction.

end of commentaries:

As far as dealing with the forces of the demonic world, I have never heard anyone that has dealt with this area, say that they saw a white, spirit, when transversing with demons. Usually most eye witness accounts that I've ever heard of they are usually black in color, pehaps if you know of anyone who has seen a White demon, please let me know I would like to study this further.

Lets look at

John 20:11-18

NLT:

11 Mary was standing outside the tomb crying, and as she wept, she stooped and looked in. 12 She saw two white-robed angels sitting at the head and foot of the place where the body of Jesus had been lying.

NKJ

And she saw two angels in white sitting, one at the head and the other at the feet, where the body of Jesus had lain.

NAS

and she saw two angels in white sitting, one at the head and one at the feet, where the body of Jesus had been lying.

KJV

And seeth two angels in white sitting, the one at the head, and the other at the feet, where the body of Jesus had lain.

NLT:

Matthew 28:2-3

Suddenly there was a great earthquake, because an angel of the Lord came down from heaven and rolled aside the stone and sat on it. 3 His face shone like lightning, and his clothing was as white as snow.

Actually there's not a whole lot in the Bible concerning the color of Demons. however, I have had some personel experiances with demons,and angels, and I was with a co-worker one day, who saw demons the same time I did, and he told me that there were black in color, and after seeing them he knelt down and got saved immediatly. I know many people that have seen demons, and usually without fail, they report them as being dark, or black in color, usually there seen out the corner of the eye, and when you look straight at them, they bolt away.

Have you ever seen a demon before? just curious. :)