Guest Calamus

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  414
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Days Won:  0

[so is Christ coming for a 3rd time since he's coming "for his Church" and then coming "with his Church"?  That's what I think, even though we don't agree whether judgement will be in heaven or on earth. :emot-highfive:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You are correct Remnantrob. At Christ's second Advent, we are caught up in the air to meet him. The wicked are destroyed by the brightness of His coming.

The earth is in ruins for 1,000 yrs. We live and reign with Christ in heaven for 1,000 yrs.

Then at the end of 1,000 yrs., Christ returns to earth with His saints. He places His feet on the Mt. of Olives. And the Holy City is placed in the valley that is formed. THEN the wicked are resurrected and attack the city and the saints.

Christ destroys them and they are also judged at this time.

I believe we are with Christ in heaven for 1,000 yrs. for a reason. We will have the opportunity to ask questions, to see why loved ones are not there. Christ will show us exactly why and for what reasons some people are not in heaven. He wants us to see that His judgements are righteous and fair. He wants us to see His righteousness and fairness, and remove ALL doubt from our minds. He wants us to see and know how fair and loving, kind and good he is; and Satan will be seen in all his lies and evil, and deception. We will have an opportunity to look at the books that are kept in heaven before the final judement of the wicked. We will see that every one judeged was judged fairly; all doubts will be removed. It will be another opportunity to see the goodness of our God.

In Christ,

CarolineS

In Christ,

CarolineS

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  75
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,802
  • Content Per Day:  0.35
  • Birthday:  06/01/1945

Greetings Zhavonay,

Re 5:10 And have made us kings and priests to our God; And we shall reign on the earth.

For whatever reason, I have given this verse among others to Caroline S and she refuses to accept it.

When God's wrath is poured out upon Babylon, we see the nations looking upon her and these are NOT destroyed. So these are the seed which after the 1,000 year reign of Christ and His saints on this earth come against the "camp of the saints". We must also consider Zech 14, and for the life of me, I can't explain Caroline S's hesitancy to accept the scriptures.

Blessings,

Dad Ernie

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Content Count:  2,791
  • Content Per Day:  0.37
  • Birthday:  06/13/1977

Good point there..........they were beheaded!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Content Count:  1,029
  • Content Per Day:  0.15
  • Birthday:  02/23/1982

Good Morning and Happy Sabbath :)

I'm on my way to church, but while studying this morning, I found a scripture that seems to indicate that we will be in heaven when Christ returns. John 14:1-3

1Let not your heart be troubled: ye believe in God, believe also in me.

2In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you.

3And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also.

I don't think that I'm twisting scripture here. If Jesus is at God's house and God's house is where he abides (heaven) and we are going to be with him there, I have to conclude that when Christ returns we're going to be with him based on these verses of scripture which is a promise of Jesus Christ I don't take lightly.

Praise God for his promises. Hope you guys have a great day in Jesus as I plan to.

Rob :24:

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Content Count:  635
  • Content Per Day:  0.09

RemnantRob and all,

Happy Sabbath to you, remember to keep the whole day holy and not just go to church. To really understand what is happening, we need to look at the feast of Tabermacles. God's true remnant, those who keep the Commandments of God and have the faith of Jesus are raised off the earth to go with Jesus to the places He has prepared in heaven. Thus the feast of Tabernacles. It makes little sense for God to take His people up, just to take them right back down to dwell on the earth.

Yet the Scriptures say that the meek shall inherit the earth. What is happening here. Is God confused. Not hardly, it is man that is confused again. The feast of Tabernacles has yet to be fulfilled by Jesus. It is fulfilled when He returns and takes His chosen, obedient children to heaven where He has prepared the Heavenly or New Jerusalem. This is when the Apostles sit on 12 thrones judging the 12 tribes of Israel. After this 1000 years in heaven, then the saved and the Heavenly Jerusalem decends from heaven with Jesus and the Saints, back to the earth for the White throne judgment and the ultimate destruction of the wicked who are resurrected in the 2nd resurrection of the damned. Now the Saved inherit the earth for all time.

REV 3:12 Him that overcometh will I make a pillar in the temple of my God,

and he shall go no more out: and I will write upon him the name of

my God, and the name of the city of my God, which is new

Jerusalem, which cometh down out of heaven from my God: and I

will write upon him my new name.

3:13 He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the

churches.

This is a lengthy study. I will be glad to share the scriptures with any true seekers after truth, but will waste no time arguing or trying to convince anyone. It seems many times that most like to argue.

In the love of Christ,

Dennis

Edited by Pilgrim7

• Content Count:  414
  • Content Per Day:  0.05

Greetings Zhavonay,

Re 5:10 And have made us kings and priests to our God; And we shall reign on the earth.

For whatever reason, I have given this verse among others to Caroline S and she refuses to accept it.

When God's wrath is poured out upon Babylon, we see the nations looking upon her and these are NOT destroyed. So these are the seed which after the 1,000 year reign of Christ and His saints on this earth come against the "camp of the saints". We must also consider Zech 14, and for the life of me, I can't explain Caroline S's hesitancy to accept the scriptures.

Blessings,

Dad Ernie

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Dad Ernie,

I can not accept this reasoning because our God is a holy and righteous God. Sin cannot enter into His presence. When the Kingdom of God is set up on this earth, there will be no unrighteous person, no sin, no evil, no Satan. They cannot exist in His presence. We are to look for a new heaven and a new earth as scripture tells us. The Holy City, the new Jerusalem, cannot exist where there is sin present. That is why the earth will be cleansed and destroyed with fire. All sin, unrighteous, evil will be burned up; destroyed forever. It will never exist again.

Christ 's second coming will be for His saints; the third, will be with His saints.

Fire will come down from heaven upon the wicked and all will be turned into ashes, including the devil and his angels. This fire that destroys sin and sinners is called the second death. There is no resurrection from this death. It is final.

"The wicked...shall be ashes under the soles of your feet in the day that I shall do this, saith the Lord of hosts." Malachi 4:3.

When the wicked are burned up and the fire goes out, God will create a new heaven and a new earth. The new Jerusalem will be the capital city of the earth made new. Sin and its ugliness will be gone forever. God's people will at long last receive the kingdom promised to them.

"He that sat upon the throne said, Behold, I make all things new." Rev. 21:5.

"Look for new heavens and a new earth, wherein dwelleth righteousness."

2 Peter 3:13.

You are saying that God's Kingdom will exist right next to the wicked, who will rise up and attack God's people. I am saying they cannot exist together because God is righteous and holy.

In Christ,

CarolineS

• Topic Count:  331
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  8,713
  • Content Per Day:  1.20

An essential belief in eschatology is that God will reign upon this literal earth...if we deny this then the story of the Bible is disrupted.

HOW He achieves this goal is not important...and the 1,000 year reign certainly isn't important. It's a few verses out of thousands..obviously He wanted to give us a heads up but not a full picture of what it would be like. I think we are to be more concerned about helping people get to the right side of that 1,000 years then debating what will occur during it.

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  80
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

carolines..pilgrim7 and remnatrob....excellent post.

i agree...like the bam thing rob!!

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  80
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

he will reign on earth, that happens after the 1000 years. when sin is no more.

what kind of reign would it be if the wicked are still among us after the second coming. There are no second chances. we have to make most of the time we have now. God will only bring those people who would rather die than sin against him. the only question you need to ask....is that it me? would i rather die than sin? you judge for yourself.