• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  952
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,568
  • Content Per Day:  5.03
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

2 hours ago, Sower said:

And this is the confidence that we have in him, that, if we ask any thing according to his will, he heareth us:

And if we know that he hear us, whatsoever we ask, we know that we have the petitions that we desired of him.
1 John 5; 14-15

Yep! 

I do not pray for a third hand nor that which is just as silly, nor do I not have the slightest idea when God will complete  answering the prayer. I learned that  via my own turning about by the Holy Spirit. God chose to answer the prayer of my grandmother  for my salvation 20+ years after her death.  I still didn't want it, but the presentation by an angel was so forceful I had no option this side of sanity  but to turn about and be saved by God.

God is faithful to answer prayer. 

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  5,248
  • Content Per Day:  0.97
  • Days Won:  1

7 minutes ago, Neighbor said:

You probably have heard it before, but I enjoy remembering/saying  it,
as a radio station preacher's logo, at the end of his lesson.

God is still on the throne, and
prayer changes things.

ps;
God is Light!
His promises are true.
All of them!

• Praise God! 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  1,190
  • Topics Per Day:  0.68
  • Content Count:  1,742
  • Content Per Day:  1.00
  • Days Won:  0

19 hours ago, Neighbor said:

Yep! 

I do not pray for a third hand nor that which is just as silly, nor do I not have the slightest idea when God will complete  answering the prayer. I learned that  via my own turning about by the Holy Spirit. God chose to answer the prayer of my grandmother  for my salvation 20+ years after her death.  I still didn't want it, but the presentation by an angel was so forceful I had no option this side of sanity  but to turn about and be saved by God.

Wow! What a powerful testimony!!

Thank you for sharing.

19 hours ago, Sower said:

You probably have heard it before, but I enjoy remembering/saying  it,
as a radio station preacher's logo, at the end of his lesson.

God is still on the throne, and
prayer changes things.

ps;
God is Light!
His promises are true.
All of them!

I had not heard to expression, "God is still on the throne, and prayer changes things."

Thank you! Blessings!

• Thanks 1

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,979
  • Content Per Day:  0.98
  • Days Won:  1

I've heard it said, like my brother, that sometimes Father says no to our prayers,  ...it has been my experience that rather than saying no He tells me to wait, ...and when He does answer my original prayrer it's much more then I could ever imagine, ...He knows the desires of my heart, and then adds to my desires what He knows I will enjoy, ...God is GOOD!!!

Lord bless

Edited by JustPassingThru
  • Praise God! 1

55 minutes ago, JustPassingThru said:

I've heard it said, like my brother, that sometimes Father says no to our prayers,  ...it has been my experience that rather than saying no He tells me to wait, ...and when He does answer my original prayrer it's much more then I could ever imagine, ...He knows the desires of my heart, and then adds to my desires what He knows I will enjoy, ...God is GOOD!!!

Lord bless

I agree completely with your experiences regarding our prayers.

You said, "God is GOOD!!!" A statement we say in our church congregation is similar:

"God is Good...all the time. All the time...God is Good"

33 minutes ago, DustyRoad said:

Praise the Lord!

I've referred to my elder brother in Christ --- the man who preached the gospel to me many years ago --- here and there but your testimony prods me to go a little further than that. I've been the beneficiary of prayer much like you have, friend. I was being drawn to Jesus Christ and just like he promised, the Lord sent me where I needed to go: right to my precious brother.  

Some might be familiar with how I believed and was baptized in water during the late 1990's, but I had yet to become a new creation in Christ. No one … especially myself! … understood what was going on when I struggled in vain against this flesh. I fell away and no one felt the sting quite like this wonderful man who shepherded me when times were grim. He was there when I believed and was there when I turned away.

Decades later after God saved my life, he stirred me to seek my brother once again. I reached out not knowing what to expect --- no, I didn't attempt to hide the truth from his knowledge --- and expected him to hang up and refuse to speak to me again. But that's not what happened. He told me he loved me instead and said the following:

I pray that God heals you and restores you, my friend.

That's exactly what the Lord did only he far exceeded my brother's earnest request. He lifted me up and sent his Spirit to dwell with me!  

Wow! What a testimony! And you have obviously been listening closely - then responding in the affirmative - to God's speaking into your life. Thank you SO MUCH for sharing.