• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  94
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  09/13/1978

I don't know what if anything is going on with anti-trust laws today; or if there even are any on the books anymore.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I'm glad you admit the fact that you don't know something, charlie. That's a nice change of pace.

Trust me. I work for a fortune 500 company (much to your chagrin, I'm sure) and the anti-trust laws are definitely still on the books. Combined with legislation like Sarbanes-Oxley, they're actually becoming more intrusive making it harder for big corporations to keep profits up... which means more jobs leaving the U.S.... no thanks to either party on that deal... especially not the Dems.

War for oil? I'm with "Work in Progress". That's just ignorant. Who sent you here? Michael Moore? George Soros?

:thumbsup::wub:

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  276
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  7,474
  • Content Per Day:  0.96
  • Birthday:  01/31/1966

I do believe in monopolies; that's why we *supposedly* have anti-trust laws but that doesn't seem to have stopped companies from merging all the time. It's happened with news outlets in recent years; Shadow-To-Be reminded me about a couple of oil companies merging about 3 years ago; I'm sure it's happening all over with lots of companies. On the outside you might have 2 or 3 company names on products when really they've been bought out and are now owned by one company.

Actually, Charlie is dead on with this one. Simply check out many of today's huge companies and see some of the familiar brand names under the umbrella of a higher ownership. As companies buy each other up, the choices of who our money goes to get slimmer and slimmer. The thing is, what is going on now are not technically monopolies, and continue to skirt the fine line of legal barriers.

For example: Nabisco can buy up many different companies that produce many things, but supposedly it cannot buy up the entire cookie market, under anti-trust laws. I know that this example is about the most basic form of the laws, but it gets the point across.

Today's petroleum companies are getting closer and closer to becoming a rehashed Standard Oil, IMO.

t.

My apologies, Charlie. I didn't mean to agree with you that closely! :wub::wub:

:thumbsup:

• Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  68

I'm sure satan loves all kinds of war on this earth. Probably loves listening to people defend it with Christian belifs

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  331
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  8,713
  • Content Per Day:  1.21

Certain wars have to be fought, that is just a simple fact of life.

I'm sure satan loves all kinds of war on this earth. Probably loves listening to people defend it with Christian belifs

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

but not nearly as much as christians who give up territory that the Lord has given them without a fight...

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  110
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,254
  • Content Per Day:  0.17

Charlie...was your favorite Beatle John?

Happy 4rth

Dan

• Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  68

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

but not nearly as much as christians who give up territory that the Lord has given them without a fight...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Like who? Are you talking about North America? Or our, U.S.A.,govenment? I'm talking about the daily defense for killing others(war) in order to propel our morals.

• Topic Count:  331
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  8,713
  • Content Per Day:  1.21

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Like who? Are you talking about North America? Or our, U.S.A.,govenment? I'm talking about the daily defense for killing others(war) in order to propel our morals.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Was WWII wrong? Or WWI for that matter. obviously the premise was, but was our involvement in it wrong? Was the Revolutionary War wrong? What about our involvement in the Civil War?

Guest charlie
I'm glad you admit the fact that you don't know something, charlie. That's a nice change of pace.

War for oil? I'm with "Work in Progress". That's just ignorant. Who sent you here? Michael Moore? George Soros?

Ooooh 7cworldwide, was it something I said?

Let's get to the heart of your post:

Trust me. I work for a fortune 500 company (much to your chagrin, I'm sure) and the anti-trust laws are definitely still on the books. Combined with legislation like Sarbanes-Oxley, they're actually becoming more intrusive making it harder for big corporations to keep profits up... which means more jobs leaving the U.S.... no thanks to either party on that deal... especially not the Dems.

If I'm supposed to be impressed I'm not. Harder for big corporations to keep profits up? What kind of profits are we talking 7cworldwide? What kind of salaries are your CEOs getting paid? What kind of tax breaks are you getting? What was your companies profit last year and btw what is the name of your company? More jobs leaving the U.S.? Of course, CEOs make sure their salaries are astronomical but they don't tend to want to pay Americans a decent wage anymore or provide decent pension plans THAT's why they move overseas.....so they can pay workers slave wages and keep most of the profits for themselves; there are some democrats who don't go along with that program; unfortunately for "we the people" the republicans seem to be on board...but hey, they've got good marketing slogans to keep their supporters in the dark.

Trust you? NO WAY! I don't need Michael Moore or George Soros's advice on that either; all I have to do is look at all those Enron employees that got their retirements ripped off while Ken Lay buddy-buddied with the President; or the Worldcom employees, and others....you get the drift.

I'm Ignorant?.... you wish, hot-shot.

Sarbanes-Oxley was brought about because of the financial scandals of Enron, Global Crossing, and Arthur Anderson? There are problems with this legistlation; difficult to comply with, but you're being dishonest by laying it more heavily at the doorstep of the democrats (

especially not the Dems.
) The republicans hopped on board big time; probably because it was passed around mid-term elections and "their friends" at these companies had ripped off their employees and stock-holders and basically enraged the voting public. Edited by charlie

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Defending morals???

There has never been a war to defend "morals"

I was actually talking about individual christians who accept evil when they SHOULD be fighting it.

The Bible is pretty clear (for those who dare to read the whole thing) that we are not to stand by and watch the innocent be slaughtered.

While abortion is raging unchecked you can complain about christians doing little...but in the case of fighting a war against Islamic terrorist regimes you don't have a pacifist leg to stand on.

It's right to oppose this evil. Period.

There will always be those who have selfish motives on both sides of any war...but the basic premise of standing up to violent bullies?

It is ALWAYS right to do so.