seashell

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  123
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  3,111
  • Content Per Day:  0.39
  • Days Won:  0

Charlie, what I meant is that I don't buy this "George Bush is controlling all the oil so he and his Skull and Bones buddies control the world" stuff. :)

Of course, CEOs make sure their salaries are astronomical but they don't tend to want to pay Americans a decent wage anymore or provide decent pension plans THAT's why they move overseas.....so they can pay workers slave wages and keep most of the profits for themselves;

On that one, friend, I totally agree!

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  94
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Birthday:  09/13/1978

I'm Ignorant?.... you wish, hot-shot.

charlie,

I've read a lot of your posts and my friend, you do not exhibit the fruit of the Spirit (Gal. 5:22-23) ...I didn't call you ignorant. I don't resort to name-calling as you do. I said the implications you were making were ignorant.

:whistling:

Guest charlie

I have no idea what you're talking about 7cworldwide? As for fruits of the spirit I read the "tone" in your post to me which was just dripping with sarcasm; I'm not too ignorant to miss that. I certainly didn't detect "fruits of the spirit there"..... and you're the suppose to be the preacher.

How often do you ever see me resort to name calling? I called you hot-shot (pretty mild imo considering your post ) and to be honest I can't remember the last time I've called anybody a name even though I've been called terrible names myself many, many times on this forum.

Guest charlie
War for oil? I'm with "Work in Progress". That's just ignorant. Who sent you here? Michael Moore? George Soros?

Sounds to me like name-calling/slurring.

I have no idea what you're talking about 7cworldwide?

On second thought I take that back. I read some of your posts yesterday and you indicated that you're a politically active preacher. Evidently you don't like my political views and because of that you say I don't exhibit fruits of the spirit.

If you have a problem with dissent then that's your problem......for now. Until you and those who think like you can squash all dissent I'm going to exercise my freedom of speech and speak out about those things I see that are wrong and need to be fixed.

I guess I'm just part of that emerging Christian left. I don't agree with everything others on the Christian left think but I have more in common with them than with the Christian right anymore. Love, kindness, patience, those are fruits of the spirit that in my view are disappearing fast from an increasingly loud, militant Christian right. I think preachers need to decide whether they're preachers or politicians. If they want to do both; mix both, they should give up their tax free status.

Go back and read your post to me on the previous page; do you not see how that post sounded?

Sorry to stray off topic people.

War for oil? I'm with "Work in Progress". That's just ignorant. Who sent you here? Michael Moore? George Soros?

Sounds to me like name-calling/slurring.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I wasn't calling you ignorant. I was calling your comments ignorant. They're baseless.

I have no idea what you're talking about 7cworldwide?

On second thought I take that back. I read some of your posts yesterday and you indicated that you're a politically active preacher. Evidently you don't like my political views and because of that you say I don't exhibit fruits of the spirit.

If you have a problem with dissent then that's your problem......for now. Until you and those who think like you can squash all dissent I'm going to exercise my freedom of speech and speak out about those things I see that are wrong and need to be fixed.

I guess I'm just part of that emerging Christian left. I don't agree with everything others on the Christian left think but I have more in common with them than with the Christian right anymore. Love, kindness, patience, those are fruits of the spirit that in my view are disappearing fast from an increasingly loud, militant Christian right. I think preachers need to decide whether they're preachers or politicians. If they want to do both; mix both, they should give up their tax free status.

Go back and read your post to me on the previous page; do you not see how that post sounded?

Sorry to stray off topic people.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You're right. I don't like your political views. But I have no problem with dissent as long as you do it with love and respect. My tone may have been a bit too abrasive but how else is a Christian to react to someone who is trying to tear down (by supporting the neo-lib agenda) everything that concerned conservative Christians have accomplished in the past few years in this country? Abortion

Edited by 7cworldwide

Guest charlie

I'm not into character assassinations; I just wanted to know who you were. You indicated that you were familiar with me (but "not really" judging by your comments) whereas, I didn't know who you were.

I wasn't calling you ignorant. I was calling your comments ignorant. They're baseless.

I don't think my comments were baseless at all. If you think they're wrong then by all means prove it.

But I have no problem with dissent as long as you do it with love and respect. My tone may have been a bit too abrasive but how else is a Christian to react to someone who is trying to tear down (by supporting the neo-lib agenda) everything that concerned conservative Christians have accomplished in the past few years in this country? Abortion
Edited by charlie

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  110
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,254
  • Content Per Day:  0.17

Was Christ a moderate?

Dan

The war wasn't over oil. It's your job to prove it was if you think it was... not mine to prove it wasn't. My proof comes from the fact that you have no real basis for saying the war was all about oil.

The Republicans are "drunk" with power because the Dems have forgotten how to win elections. If they want to enforce their agenda, they need to win some elections... now they're nothing but obstructionists.

You say the GOP's concern for life ends at birth... how do you arrive at such a conclusion? Where are the Dems on euthanasia? If abortion is abolished, it will be because of people in the GOP like Sam Brownback who are fighting to have Roe v. Wade overturned. The Dems can't come out on the side of life because that's not what funds their campaigns.

You like Howard Dean? ...and you say you're against abortion? Think about what you're saying.

I'm not a Christian elitist. I often share a pew at church with some old traditional southern Democrats. I'm not trying to get them kicked out! I think some on the right are taking it too far and I speak out against them, too. But I'm also not afraid to tell those faithful old Democrats (outside church doors) the truth about what their party has become.

....and there is a difference between a pastor and a preacher.

Pastor: http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=pastor

preacher: http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=preacher

All Pastors are preachers but not all preachers are Pastors. :b:

Shalom,

Lane

Guest charlie
Was Christ a moderate?

Dan

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

No I think Jesus was a liberal; the Pharisees were the ultra-conservatives.

The war wasn't over oil. It's your job to prove it was if you think it was... not mine to prove it wasn't. My proof comes from the fact that you have no real basis for saying the war was all about oil.

I suggest you start digging thru my posts for your answer to this. I get tired of repeating myself on these threads; my time is valuable too.

now they're nothing but obstructionists

more propaganda from the right; anytime they don't get EVERYTHING they want when they want it they start whining like a baby and name-calling...."it's the liberal media"....it's the "liberals"....."they're obstructionists"....blah, blah, blah.

You like Howard Dean? ...and you say you're against abortion? Think about what you're saying

I do think about what I say; I've been saying repeatedly on this forum that I THINK abortion is a smokescreen just like gay marriage. That the republicans use these smokescreens to win elections and stab their supporters in the back with their policies on most of the other issues....while making little to no headway on these two. GWB is the one who has "used" his religion to win elections. Yet, he appointed the first openly gay ambassador and the republicans planted a male prostitute in the WH as a reporter; it's this administration that leaked the name of a CIA operative...are those Christian things to do or even American things to do? I think not. Let's not forget the fiscal irresponsibility demonstrated by the republicans in the past 4 years or the expanding of governmental powers via the Patriot Act. Like I said in my previous post, I hope abortion is overturned.....but I'm not holding my breath. Are you a one issue voter?

You say the GOP's concern for life ends at birth... how do you arrive at such a conclusion?

Easily, just look at the war of agression in Iraq. How many people have died as a result of that so far? Look at the republican position on federal funding of stem-cell research; how many more lives could be lost as a result of these repulican roadblocks? Yet the hypocrisy of most republicans, like the corrupt Tom DeLay, is apparent in that they condone in vitro fertilization while saying, "We are against creating life in order to destroy life", which is what technically speaking exactly what in vitro does. I don't see any compassion for people in this party, do you.....really?

But I'm also not afraid to tell those faithful old Democrats (outside church doors) the truth about what their party has become.

Then don't get mad when someone like me tries to tell you what your party (my old party) has become; corrupt, power hungry, favors the rich, and most of all moral hypocrits.

Edited by charlie

Guest charlie

War for oil - you could have looked the information on this up for yourself. Read it and weep for all our dead soldiers. And don't forget, President Bush lied about WMDs..... See the thread on Downing St. Memo.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/ac2/wp-dyn?p...4&notFound=true

http://www.washingtonpost.com/ac2/wp-dyn?p...4&notFound=true

http://www.lewrockwell.com/rockwell/warforoil.html

http://www.commondreams.org/views05/0216-20.htm

http://www.commondreams.org/views04/0208-05.htm

http://www.truthout.org/cgi-bin/artman/exe...ew.cgi/37/10299

These are just a tip of the iceberg; also, don't forget that Dick Cheney's old company Haliburton also gained a lot from this war.

Why do you think the war in Iraq was fought?