• Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  92
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,164
  • Content Per Day:  0.66
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  11/10/1961

6 hours ago, BeauJangles said:

I'd hate to pay for the gas, but if someone can afford this, fuel is of little concern. 

Having the money for a rig like that would be a nice first world problem to have.  :)  Just sayin'.

The motor home looks like its built on a tractor chassis, so its likely a diesel power train and would be reasonably efficient moving that depending on how much it weighs. (Max weight for a semi is 80,000 pounds for the rig, fuel, and load.) You'd probably get something like 5-10 mpg depending on speed and terrain. (A semi tractor can carry around 200-300 gallons of fuel - the math for a fill up would be scary.) An average car can go around 400 miles between fills on the highway, so you're right - a fill up would not be cheap.

That rig would be a step up from the 1973 Super Beetle I drove from Alexandria, LA to Spokane, WA one summer with my backpacking gear in the back seat!  :laugh:

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  15
  • Topic Count:  206
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  5,608
  • Content Per Day:  2.84
  • Days Won:  33

22 hours ago, Neighbor said:

Hi,

Yep, even the toy carrier trailer has it's own trailer. I have seen just a very few triple tractor trailer rigs ever. I had thought it illegal in the USA until one day a saw a few all at a rest stop  at Orlando Fl.

To want to own one of those rigs, I don't get it. I would want my own crew to handle it all. Maybe they do. And geesh how does one launch the boat? 

With that much money tied up I think I would rather use it to fly to my destinations and rent everything on site. Oh well, fortunately it is not my "problem".  I just am blessed to have a little retreat for now, a simple destination  off the heavily traveled byways.

That rig is something I think I might see at Parker Dam, or perhaps that thing was posing at  Texas out by the windmills. May God keep them safe on the roads and us safe from them. May none of us ever get stuck behind it on a long lonely two lane highway.

Yes, imagine getting stuck behind it with no way to over take it!