• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  88
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  1,276
  • Content Per Day:  0.62
  • Days Won:  0

On 1/9/2020 at 6:03 PM, Michael37 said:

I've come across a new word being used by journalists, "infotainment". It's not so much the concept of information for entertainment that inspires me to comment, but rather the ease with which the general public at large are induced to behave in a particular way.   Obviously there are competing factions involved and history is rich in details of regimes that rise to power for a time until their weakest link gives way and they are replaced by the champions of the day.

The backlash against the colonialism of the British Empire is gaining momentum in my country, with the replacement of many European names considered inappropriate and culturally insensitive to the so-called indigenous tribes (who were themselves originally migrants) happening, and laws that require schools to teach Maori as an official language, and NZ history lessons to reference the evils of colonialism, being passed. 

Fast forward to the biblical account of the fall of Babylon and we gain insight into the behaviour of humanity wherein those who are aggrieved at the mess produced by the corrupt, deceiving, exploitative ideologies, technologies, and mediologies of their day, take serious retributive action that results globally in the complete disruption of services and total breakdown of society.

God's purpose in allowing harlotry and tyranny to eventually bring down Babylon is perfect.      

Rev 17:15-18
(15)  Then he said to me, "The waters which you saw, where the harlot sits, are peoples, multitudes, nations, and tongues.
(16)  And the ten horns which you saw on the beast, these will hate the harlot, make her desolate and naked, eat her flesh and burn her with fire.
(17)  For God has put it into their hearts to fulfill His purpose, to be of one mind, and to give their kingdom to the beast, until the words of God are fulfilled.
(18)  And the woman whom you saw is that great city which reigns over the kings of the earth."

What I am trying to say is that the End Time city of Babylon (Revelation 17:18) compared to the timeless spiritual version revealed in her seal (Revelation 17:5 and Jeremiah 51:49) is the same relationship as the city of Jerusalem when compared to Israel. The two are interchangeable and inseparable but still very distinct types of entities unto themselves.

It would be odd to say the city of Jerusalem is the global collection of a distinct ethic group that spans the pages of time. As it would be saying Israel is only the geographical location known as the city of Jerusalem.

Edited by Scott Free

• Group:  Servant
  • Followers:  21
  • Topic Count:  241
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  6,948
  • Content Per Day:  3.27
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  09/23/1954

10 hours ago, Scott Free said:

What I am trying to say is that the End Time city of Babylon (Revelation 17:18) compared to the timeless spiritual version revealed in her seal (Revelation 17:5 and Jeremiah 51:49) is the same relationship as the city of Jerusalem when compared to Israel. The two are interchangeable and inseparable but still very distinct types of entities unto themselves.

It would be odd to say the city of Jerusalem is the global collection of a distinct ethic group that spans the pages of time. As it would be saying Israel is only the geographical location known as the city of Jerusalem.

Yes, as you are well aware, we do see Jerusalem personified in many ways...and of course the captivity of Israel in literal Babylon is prophetic of the captivity of some of God's People in metaphorical Babylon from Pentecost onwards.

2Ki 19:21  This is the word that the LORD hath spoken concerning him; The virgin the daughter of Zion hath despised thee, and laughed thee to scorn; the daughter of Jerusalem hath shaken her head at thee.

Jer 2:1-2  Moreover the word of the LORD came to me, saying, (2)  Go and cry in the ears of Jerusalem, saying, Thus saith the LORD; I remember thee, the kindness of thy youth, the love of thine espousals, when thou wentest after me in the wilderness, in a land that was not sown.

Jer 7:29  Cut off thine hair, O Jerusalem, and cast it away, and take up a lamentation on high places; for the LORD hath rejected and forsaken the generation of his wrath.

Mat 23:37  O Jerusalem, Jerusalem, thou that killest the prophets, and stonest them which are sent unto thee, how often would I have gathered thy children together, even as a hen gathereth her chickens under her wings, and ye would not!

I often personify Babylon when I pass through bustling cities, or see something onscreen that speaks of more than just the physical nature of cities. They have an energy and a presence that makes them seem alive over and above the activities of the individuals in them, and it is an easy thing for me to see the whoredoms of unregenerate humanity in operation. Although it is not wrong for us to have the necessities of life made available through a reliable supply infrastructure the selling of one's soul to satisfy carnal desires is something that Babylon seduces mankind into...hence the heavenly instruction for God's People to come out of her. 

Rev 18:1-4  And after these things I saw another angel come down from heaven, having great power; and the earth was lightened with his glory. (2)  And he cried mightily with a strong voice, saying, Babylon the great is fallen, is fallen, and is become the habitation of devils, and the hold of every foul spirit, and a cage of every unclean and hateful bird. (3)  For all nations have drunk of the wine of the wrath of her fornication, and the kings of the earth have committed fornication with her, and the merchants of the earth are waxed rich through the abundance of her delicacies. (4)  And I heard another voice from heaven, saying, Come out of her, my people, that you be not partakers of her sins, and that you receive not of her plagues.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  88
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  1,276
  • Content Per Day:  0.62
  • Days Won:  0

33 minutes ago, Michael37 said:

Yes, as you are well aware, we do see Jerusalem personified in many ways...and of course the captivity of Israel in literal Babylon is prophetic of the captivity of some of God's People in metaphorical Babylon from Pentecost onwards.

2Ki 19:21  This is the word that the LORD hath spoken concerning him; The virgin the daughter of Zion hath despised thee, and laughed thee to scorn; the daughter of Jerusalem hath shaken her head at thee.

Jer 2:1-2  Moreover the word of the LORD came to me, saying, (2)  Go and cry in the ears of Jerusalem, saying, Thus saith the LORD; I remember thee, the kindness of thy youth, the love of thine espousals, when thou wentest after me in the wilderness, in a land that was not sown.

Jer 7:29  Cut off thine hair, O Jerusalem, and cast it away, and take up a lamentation on high places; for the LORD hath rejected and forsaken the generation of his wrath.

Mat 23:37  O Jerusalem, Jerusalem, thou that killest the prophets, and stonest them which are sent unto thee, how often would I have gathered thy children together, even as a hen gathereth her chickens under her wings, and ye would not!

I often personify Babylon when I pass through bustling cities, or see something onscreen that speaks of more than just the physical nature of cities. They have an energy and a presence that makes them seem alive over and above the activities of the individuals in them, and it is an easy thing for me to see the whoredoms of unregenerate humanity in operation. Although it is not wrong for us to have the necessities of life made available through a reliable supply infrastructure the selling of one's soul to satisfy carnal desires is something that Babylon seduces mankind into...hence the heavenly instruction for God's People to come out of her. 

Rev 18:1-4  And after these things I saw another angel come down from heaven, having great power; and the earth was lightened with his glory. (2)  And he cried mightily with a strong voice, saying, Babylon the great is fallen, is fallen, and is become the habitation of devils, and the hold of every foul spirit, and a cage of every unclean and hateful bird. (3)  For all nations have drunk of the wine of the wrath of her fornication, and the kings of the earth have committed fornication with her, and the merchants of the earth are waxed rich through the abundance of her delicacies. (4)  And I heard another voice from heaven, saying, Come out of her, my people, that you be not partakers of her sins, and that you receive not of her plagues.

I see your point. I live for the day when all these great buildings become plains of grassy hills, were the only sounds are those of children laughing and playing among the songs of birds.

• Thumbs Up 1

• 2 months later...

On 1/12/2020 at 5:22 PM, Michael37 said:

4. The Conveyance of Babylon

Babylon is carried on the beast who is like a leopard = swift, predatory political agility.

Babylon is carried on the beast who has feet like a bear = sharp, aggressive military might.

Babylon is carried on the beast who has a mouth like a lion = loud, dominating media mastery.

Babylon is carried on the beast who has 7 heads = complete corporate control.

Babylon is carried on the beast who has 10 horns = extreme executive enforcement.

Babylon is carried on the beast who has 10 crowns = total temporal tyranny.

5. The Associations of Babylon

Babylon is associated with nations = plies them with her beliefs.

Babylon is associated with sovereigns = pleases them with her attentions.

Babylon is associated with merchants = prospers them with her trade.

6. The Termination of Babylon

Babylon terminates with hostility = hated, desolate, naked, devoured, burnt.

Babylon terminates with plagues = death, mourning, famine.

Babylon terminates with burning = fire, smoke, torment.

Babylon terminates with violence = overthrown, cast down.

Babylon terminates with haunting = demons, foul spirits, hateful unclean birds.

7. The Lamentation for Babylon

Babylon’s fall is lamented by rulers = shock, sorrow, punishment.

Babylon’s fall is lamented by merchants = loss, mourning, ruin.

Babylon’s fall is lamented by traffickers = grief, distress, destitution.

• 2 years later...

Got this in PDF & have permission to post it.

The Behaviour That Brings Down Babylon.pdf

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  153
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  5,881
  • Content Per Day:  2.47
  • Days Won:  1

On 1/9/2020 at 7:03 PM, Michael37 said:

I've come across a new word being used by journalists, "infotainment". It's not so much the concept of information for entertainment that inspires me to comment, but rather the ease with which the general public at large are induced to behave in a particular way.   Obviously there are competing factions involved and history is rich in details of regimes that rise to power for a time until their weakest link gives way and they are replaced by the champions of the day.

The backlash against the colonialism of the British Empire is gaining momentum in my country, with the replacement of many European names considered inappropriate and culturally insensitive to the so-called indigenous tribes (who were themselves originally migrants) happening, and laws that require schools to teach Maori as an official language, and NZ history lessons to reference the evils of colonialism, being passed. 

Fast forward to the biblical account of the fall of Babylon and we gain insight into the behaviour of humanity wherein those who are aggrieved at the mess produced by the corrupt, deceiving, exploitative ideologies, technologies, and mediologies of their day, take serious retributive action that results globally in the complete disruption of services and total breakdown of society.

God's purpose in allowing harlotry and tyranny to eventually bring down Babylon is perfect.      

Rev 17:15-18
(15)  Then he said to me, "The waters which you saw, where the harlot sits, are peoples, multitudes, nations, and tongues.
(16)  And the ten horns which you saw on the beast, these will hate the harlot, make her desolate and naked, eat her flesh and burn her with fire.
(17)  For God has put it into their hearts to fulfill His purpose, to be of one mind, and to give their kingdom to the beast, until the words of God are fulfilled.
(18)  And the woman whom you saw is that great city which reigns over the kings of the earth."

Babylon had an election yesterday. We know who it's king is today. We know what he does tomorrow.

• Interesting! 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  153
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  5,881
  • Content Per Day:  2.47
  • Days Won:  1

You know, I wonder if the two witnesses didn't kill and torment those nations, would those nations still attack Jerusalem and kill its citizens? 

It's possible they may not if those two witnesses didn't torment them. The nations will do unto Jerusalem as Jerusalem has done.