IGNORED

Is your participation in this community about YOU or is it about...

Guest K9Buck

It's been my experience that some or even "many" who are active in Christian organizations lose sight of what it's about.  Their activism, whether it be on a Christian message board or whether it be in their physical church, becomes about them, their status, their pride.  It becomes a social or societal construct for them.  I tend to avoid such Christians.  

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  229
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  10,900
  • Content Per Day:  2.93
  • Days Won:  68
  • Birthday:  08/14/1954

3 hours ago, AnOrangeCat said:

There's give and take in it for me. IMO that's the basis for a lot of human relations. Everyone's got their comfort zone on how much they give and receive but if it's too consistently skewed toward one side or the other people start to get angry and bitter over it and that's no good. Ideally we all minister to and support each other as we're called to and receive it in turn. So long as that runs smoothly it helps form bonds between us.

Amen. Words of Worthy wisdom never spoken more truer than this. Thank you for expressing it where I fell short. Great post!

:amen:

Edited by BeauJangles
  • Thanks 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  951
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,565
  • Content Per Day:  5.03
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

"Is your participation in this community about YOU"

Yes it is very much about me. My benefit received from the hard work and the God led ministry  of Worthy Christian Forums.; it is all about personal benefit received by me.

I am not so puffed that I think I will take a free ride upon the expense and labor of another to pontificate. Instead I get to to read about many a story of what is happening in this world that I get no where else. I get the hear  or read what is of interest to individuals from all around this earth that have internet. I get challenged to look at the Bible, to think on it, to read and pray about it. Yes it is all about me and my personal benefit received by the ministry.

The fellowship is a grand bonus too!

Most of all I get to be prayed for and to pray with others. 

• Thumbs Up 1

• 5 months later...

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,176
  • Content Per Day:  0.85
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  04/29/1987

On 1/19/2020 at 10:42 AM, Guest K9Buck said:

...becoming closer to God and helping others to do the same?  

I would say both.