• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  304
  • Content Per Day:  0.19
  • Days Won:  0

On 1/28/2020 at 4:35 PM, Raymond2020 said:

I hear you crystal clear! 

My government is making companies pay double on Sundays. 

I'm still a baby Christian-So I'm going to a bible school this year just to get a deeper understanding.

We are saved by grace, through faith but advice do you have for a baby brother that has been backsliding?

Hi Raymond,

Yes, we are saved by grace through faith.
And faith comes from hearing the word of God.
When in faith, God promised us the Helper. ( The Holy Spirit.) Who will teach us, guide us and also convict us. When you feel yourself backsliding, it is a good sign that you know that you are backsliding. The Holy Spirit is convicting you of your sins.

Repenting is not just feeling guilty of what you have done, but also actively turning your back on temptations. Don't let yourself get into situations which may lead you to sin, use God's wisdom to avoid being tempted.

The bible tells us to persevere. Why? Because God knows that we will backslide or face challenges or will have moments of weak faith. If those weren't there, there would be no need for God to tell us to persevere.

The best advice I can give you is "Know Him & trust in Him!".

Edited by Wesley L
  • Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  18
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

On 1/26/2020 at 4:50 PM, Alive said:

Yesterday, as my wife and I were on a somewhat long drive, we were discussing some troubles with family members and this very subject rose to the surface.

Nice to know we think about the same things, people facing the same challenges etc

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  18
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

On 1/29/2020 at 1:28 AM, grahampaul said:

what do you regard as backsliding?.

Backsliding is relapsing into bad ways- Falling into sin to pursue your own desire

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  953
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,579
  • Content Per Day:  5.03
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

On 1/24/2020 at 7:24 AM, Raymond2020 said:

Matthew 6:20

# Holiness leads to better earthly blessings. 

Matthew 6:20 ESV "But lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust destroys and where thieves do not break in and steal."

Lay Up Treasures in Heaven

“Do not lay up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy and where thieves break in and steal,  but lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust destroys and where thieves do not break in and steal.  For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also.

“The eye is the lamp of the body. So, if your eye is healthy, your whole body will be full of light, but if your eye is bad, your whole body will be full of darkness. If then the light in you is darkness, how great is the darkness!

“No one can serve two masters, for either he will hate the one and love the other, or he will be devoted to the one and despise the other. You cannot serve God and money.