Sunday Service Problem

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  57
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,417
  • Content Per Day:  0.27
  • Days Won:  0

Definitely pray about it and look before you leap. See if these other churches are actually in need and weigh it against what you give and get in the present environment. Even as a non-musician I typically felt that I got the most out of the musical sections of church service. There's just something really special about the elements of praise and worship in it. But at the same time it's important to note that the other portions of church are important as well, so look at the big picture as much as possible.

• Group:  Non-Conformist Theology
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  118
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  4,361
  • Content Per Day:  2.29
  • Birthday:  02/03/1953

On 1/31/2020 at 8:32 PM, chargedbyfa1th said:

Hello, I wonder if you guys can pray for me and then give me advice about my current situation.

I am currently serving in Youth Sunday Service in my Church as a keyboardist. Previously, there was no other permanent keyboardist in Youth Sunday Service so it is just me serving (almost) every week in Youth Sunday Service. As a music lover and Christ follower, I feel really happy and thankful doing this role. Training session for the Sunday Youth Service is the one that excites me the most, as I can play keyboard and feel His presence together. But, previous months ago a new permanent keyboardist started to serve in this Youth Sunday Service and this January a new guitarist started to serve (besides the current permanent guitarist) and therefore when they have two guitarists, the role of keyboardist is not needed anymore. This reduces my service schedule, because we need to share schedule to make it fair. This condition makes me really disappointed because I really love serving Jesus as a keyboardist. I can even say that The Youth Sunday Service and training session are things that I always wait for every week. I am not disappointed because of the rivalry feeling, but because I lose something that I love doing.

Moreover, several things have changed in my Youth Sunday Service situation. We used to have connection groups every week, but the number of members have reduced and the remaining members are only 3 (including my connection group leader). I don't feel personally close with my connection group leader, so I don't feel comfortable to share my problems. Furthermore, the other member also rarely comes to the connection group gatherings.

Outside this church, I have several best friends, but I can't tell them about these problems, because some of them are not Christians, and others don't really live a religious Christian life (not trying to be judgmental, just trying to explain my current situation honestly - me too ain't that religious and still have many flaws, but I need someone who is more religious than me to help me solve these problems)

Do you think that I should leave this Youth Sunday Service and consider moving to other Youth Sunday Service in other churches? Please pray for me and help me to solve this problem. Thanks. Jesus bless y'all .

Ps : Pardon my english

You might check around and see if their are other opportunities to play keyboard.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  693
  • Content Per Day:  0.42

On 1/31/2020 at 11:32 PM, chargedbyfa1th said:

Hello, I wonder if you guys can pray for me and then give me advice about my current situation.

I am currently serving in Youth Sunday Service in my Church as a keyboardist. Previously, there was no other permanent keyboardist in Youth Sunday Service so it is just me serving (almost) every week in Youth Sunday Service. As a music lover and Christ follower, I feel really happy and thankful doing this role. Training session for the Sunday Youth Service is the one that excites me the most, as I can play keyboard and feel His presence together. But, previous months ago a new permanent keyboardist started to serve in this Youth Sunday Service and this January a new guitarist started to serve (besides the current permanent guitarist) and therefore when they have two guitarists, the role of keyboardist is not needed anymore. This reduces my service schedule, because we need to share schedule to make it fair. This condition makes me really disappointed because I really love serving Jesus as a keyboardist. I can even say that The Youth Sunday Service and training session are things that I always wait for every week. I am not disappointed because of the rivalry feeling, but because I lose something that I love doing.

Moreover, several things have changed in my Youth Sunday Service situation. We used to have connection groups every week, but the number of members have reduced and the remaining members are only 3 (including my connection group leader). I don't feel personally close with my connection group leader, so I don't feel comfortable to share my problems. Furthermore, the other member also rarely comes to the connection group gatherings.

Outside this church, I have several best friends, but I can't tell them about these problems, because some of them are not Christians, and others don't really live a religious Christian life (not trying to be judgmental, just trying to explain my current situation honestly - me too ain't that religious and still have many flaws, but I need someone who is more religious than me to help me solve these problems)

Do you think that I should leave this Youth Sunday Service and consider moving to other Youth Sunday Service in other churches? Please pray for me and help me to solve this problem. Thanks. Jesus bless y'all .

Ps : Pardon my english

I don't have a problem with you switching churches, if that is what you need to do.  I do have a problem if you are going to switch to another church, and the moment that gets difficult, you go to the next church until that gets tough, and then to the next church.

If you are going to run somewhere else, every time things don't go well, then you'll be running your whole life.

If I were you, I would do this.  In fact, I did this before.

I guaranteed to stick it out for 1 full year.  For one full year, you go to church promising to give it your best, your best when you play on stage, and your best at the small group.  12 months from now, re-evaluate where you are, and if you need to move.

You just don't want to end up one of these people that jumps ship every time a wave rocks your boat, because life is all about waves rocking the boat.  It's going to happen for the rest of your life.  You either just got finished dealing with a wave, or you are waiting for the next wave, or a wave just hit.   That's life.

• 5 months later...

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,176
  • Content Per Day:  0.84
  • Birthday:  04/29/1987

On 2/1/2020 at 4:32 AM, chargedbyfa1th said:

I don't feel personally close with my connection group leader, so I don't feel comfortable to share my problems.

You should always share your concerns with who you can. The leader is a leader for a reason, and that is to help you grow spiritually and support your spiritual walk with God.