• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  133
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  1,123
  • Content Per Day:  0.66
  • Days Won:  0

11 hours ago, Yeshua153 said:

See OP. I didn't look at the date, just read the story!

12 hours ago, Yeshua153 said:

Like the irony, but you could buy a card at anytime of the year, or just go up to her, give her a hug, & say your bit. I will leave it to you to find the meanings of St Valentines, if you wish to do so!

You are right. You could buy a card at anytime of the year. This one of course happened to be made; regardless, most people do not read into something it is not. In fact, "Valentine's Day, also called Saint Valentine's Day or the Feast of Saint Valentine, is celebrated annually on February 14. It originated as a Western Christian feast day honoring one or two early Christian martyrs named Saint Valentine and is recognized as a significant cultural, religious, and commercial celebration of romance and love in many regions of the world." Why do you demonize something most people don't envision as evil, although a Pharisee might---one who might tell me to go wash his hands after touching such an evil card.

• Loved it! 1
  • Well Said! 2

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  219
  • Content Per Day:  0.13

On 2/15/2020 at 8:53 PM, Coliseum said:

You are right. You could buy a card at anytime of the year. This one of course happened to be made; regardless, most people do not read into something it is not. In fact, "Valentine's Day, also called Saint Valentine's Day or the Feast of Saint Valentine, is celebrated annually on February 14. It originated as a Western Christian feast day honoring one or two early Christian martyrs named Saint Valentine and is recognized as a significant cultural, religious, and commercial celebration of romance and love in many regions of the world." Why do you demonize something most people don't envision as evil, although a Pharisee might---one who might tell me to go wash his hands after touching such an evil card.

Lupercalia survived the initial rise of Christianity but was outlawed—as it was deemed “un-Christian”–at the end of the 5th century, when Pope Gelasius declared February 14 St. Valentine's Day. It was not until much later, however, that the day became definitively associated with love.

Having a particular Valentine's Day is a very old tradition, thought to have originated from a Roman festival. The Romans had a festival called Lupercalia in the middle of February - officially the start of their springtime. It's thought that as part of the celebrations, boys drew names of girls from a box.

It's Roman Catholic tradition, which is pagan & against God, who instituted marriage between people of the same faith. Now the world pollutes that with adultery, living together, & sex outside marriage. The picture of the little 'eternal' boy with bow & arrow, is  'cupid' from cupido, meaning sexual lust, & 'eros' the Greek god of love, but hey! celebrate it if you want!

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  133
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  1,123
  • Content Per Day:  0.66

2 hours ago, Yeshua153 said:

Lupercalia survived the initial rise of Christianity but was outlawed—as it was deemed “un-Christian”–at the end of the 5th century, when Pope Gelasius declared February 14 St. Valentine's Day. It was not until much later, however, that the day became definitively associated with love.

Having a particular Valentine's Day is a very old tradition, thought to have originated from a Roman festival. The Romans had a festival called Lupercalia in the middle of February - officially the start of their springtime. It's thought that as part of the celebrations, boys drew names of girls from a box.

It's Roman Catholic tradition, which is pagan & against God, who instituted marriage between people of the same faith. Now the world pollutes that with adultery, living together, & sex outside marriage. The picture of the little 'eternal' boy with bow & arrow, is  'cupid' from cupido, meaning sexual lust, & 'eros' the Greek god of love, but hey! celebrate it if you want!

There is nothing wrong with stone, rocks, or stars. In and of themselves they can be beautiful things to look at and admire just as the words on a card. Until someone promotes them, and gives them power, and creates out of them idols to worship, they are harmless. Nobody except the legalist is turning them into demonic instruments of Satan. Next, having a beer will translate into alcoholism. Btw, your word, "celebrate" is a misleading term you are using to twist the content of my meaning to create what you want my thinking to convey. Stop deciding what I and others mean! And if you make your fonts much larger, people will get the impression their appearance is more threatening. I already see where this conversation is heading, so I will end it right here. :)

Edited by Coliseum
  • Loved it! 1
  • Well Said! 1

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  48
  • Content Per Day:  0.02

Oy vey!  The innocent love of a child for his mother becomes aberrated into evil???  smh

Lev 19:18  Thou shalt not avenge, nor bear any grudge against the children of thy people, but thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself: I am the LORD.

• Well Said! 1