Who has the authority to baptize?

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  347
  • Topics Per Day:  0.13
  • Content Count:  7,475
  • Content Per Day:  2.70
  • Days Won:  1

To add to what Marilyn said above, however, I don't have any scripture to specifically support it. 

Every example of baptism given in the Bible involves plenty of water and immersion. The 'church', and not the Pastor, has the authority to baptize. Meaning; if you desire to have your Dad, friend or relative baptize you, it's fine and dandy with the churches consent. In no instance in the Bible, is there a little dab will do ya, or sprinkling. Baptism is also not for infants or to get saved. Baptism immediately follows one accepting the Lord Jesus Christ as their own personal Lord and Savior. It openly and publicly symbolizes the death, burial and resurrection, in the name of the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit; the old you is dead and you're a new creation in Christ. You're not ashamed to declare you're now a Christian in public. Does one have to be baptized to be saved? NO! Does the Bible recommend it? Absolutely!

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  347
  • Topics Per Day:  0.13
  • Content Count:  7,475
  • Content Per Day:  2.70
  • Days Won:  1

5 minutes ago, Sonshine said:

I think God must love lots and lots of water—living water!—eternal water! :)

Revelation 22:1 King James Version (KJV)

22 And he shewed me a pure river of water of life, clear as crystal, proceeding out of the throne of God and of the Lamb.

And what a glorious day that will be!

• 4 months later...

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,176
  • Content Per Day:  0.85
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  04/29/1987

On 3/9/2020 at 3:36 AM, Kristin said:

My question is who has the authority to baptize and in what manner should it be done. I was baptized in an Episcopal church being sprinkled in front of the congregation. I don’t feel like I’ve been truly baptized. I should get immersed?

I think that we should want to get baptised and also it should be done properly because then we ourselves are personally reassured and so is God.