• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  54
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,441
  • Content Per Day:  0.88
  • Days Won:  0

4 minutes ago, johnthebaptist said:

What is repentance? Repentance means we stop sinning or stop committing a particular sin, I believe. We need to repent each time we commit a sin.

It might be helpful to define sin, but that might be a thread all by itself. To me, you have to cross a line before you've actually committed a sin. Once you've crossed the line, then it isn't a small sin.

I think it pleases the Lord when we discover the error of our ways. He always seems willing to forgive me when I repent.

So then, Let's ask the question.  A newly born again believer stops all his sins right away, all his bad habits, or would you say he may have some struggles along the way and as he gets deeper into the word, prayer ect, he may see that he drops most if not all of his habitual sins.  There is a word called sanctification, which is the process of the believer becoming stronger as the word take deeper root in his heart and the holy spirit  lead and guide him along the way.  That process would include him seeking the Lord face for forgiveness of those sin [repentance ]as he hates his sin whenever he gets convicted.   

It does not take away from his salvation, as he is in right standing with God, as I said, God looks at the heart and he knows we would have issues with the flesh, and as you so rightly points out that satan would come with all his wiles to tempt,seduce and draw him back to his world.  

Salvation and going to heaven are synonymous , as where he is you would be also. There will be one body there .  There will be different rewards as the Lord determine, but the mansion belongs to ALL the saints. 

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  14
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

13 minutes ago, johnthebaptist said:

What is repentance? Repentance means we stop sinning or stop committing a particular sin

No. This is where you are in error, where your theology is wrong And why you are not seeing what others are saying

• Group:  Non-Conformist Theology
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  118
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  4,361
  • Content Per Day:  2.30
  • Birthday:  02/03/1953

6 minutes ago, warrior12 said:

So then, Let's ask the question.  A newly born again believer stops all his sins right away, all his bad habits, or would you say he may have some struggles along the way and as he gets deeper into the word, prayer ect, he may see that he drops most if not all of his habitual sins.  There is a word called sanctification, which is the process of the believer becoming stronger as the word take deeper root in his heart and the holy spirit  lead and guide him along the way.  That process would include him seeking the Lord face for forgiveness of those sin [repentance ]as he hates his sin whenever he gets convicted.   

It does not take away from his salvation, as he is in right standing with God, as I said, God looks at the heart and he knows we would have issues with the flesh, and as you so rightly points out that satan would come with all his wiles to tempt,seduce and draw him back to his world.  

Salvation and going to heaven are synonymous , as where he is you would be also. There will be one body there .  There will be different rewards as the Lord determine, but the mansion belongs to ALL the saints. 

No, I don't think salvation and going to heaven are anonymous. I think heaven is the peace we get when we repent of our sin (Matt 4:17). I don't think the Lord ever intended to send anyone anywhere to burn forever.

I don't think anyone stops all their sins right away, when they accept Jesus as their savior. They probably don't even know what sin is, yet.

6 minutes ago, Reflection said:

No. This is where you are in error, where your theology is wrong And why you are not seeing what others are saying

The Lord led me to repent of sins I was committing, and my life was transformed. People keep telling me you don't have to repent of your sin, but I think they are kidding themselves. Why WOULDN'T we repent of our sin?

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  14
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

Just now, johnthebaptist said:

The Lord led me to repent of sins I was committing, and my life was transformed. People keep telling me you don't have to repent of your sin, but I think they are kidding themselves. Why WOULDN'T we repent of our sin?

That is Quite a deflection, Repenting Of sins is Good but it doesn't define the Definition of Repentance

1 minute ago, Reflection said:

That is Quite a deflection, Repenting Of sins is Good but it doesn't define the Definition of Repentance

Not a deflection at all. The Lord commanded us to repent. When I repented of my sin, my life was transformed. People say I am in error. Do they expect me to UNrepent?

47 minutes ago, johnthebaptist said:

What is repentance? Repentance means we stop sinning or stop committing a particular sin, I believe. We need to repent each time we commit a sin.

It might be helpful to define sin, but that might be a thread all by itself. To me, you have to cross a line before you've actually committed a sin. Once you've crossed the line, then it isn't a small sin.

I think it pleases the Lord when we discover the error of our ways. He always seems willing to forgive me when I repent.

Ok. So you have defined Repentance .  So, what is  your definition of Salvation. 

3 minutes ago, warrior12 said:

Ok. So you have defined Repentance .  So, what is  your definition of Salvation. 

I would use salvation to describe two things.

First, salvation means the Lord isn't going to send us to hell to burn forever. I don't think it ever occurred to him to that.

I think, then, the more relevant definition is that the Lord will fix the messes we make of our lives when we sin, if we repent of that sin.

4 minutes ago, johnthebaptist said:

I would use salvation to describe two things.

First, salvation means the Lord isn't going to send us to hell to burn forever. I don't think it ever occurred to him to that.

I think, then, the more relevant definition is that the Lord will fix the messes we make of our lives when we sin, if we repent of that sin.

How about you give me a scripture verse you see as defining salvation in your mind or eyes.

8 minutes ago, warrior12 said:

How about you give me a scripture verse you see as defining salvation in your mind or eyes.

[13] When I shut up the heavens so that there is no rain, or command the locust to devour the land, or send pestilence among my people,
[14] if my people who are called by my name humble themselves, and pray and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin and heal their land. 2 Chronicles 13-14 RSV