• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  14
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

6 minutes ago, johnthebaptist said:

Not a deflection at all. The Lord commanded us to repent. When I repented of my sin, my life was transformed. People say I am in error. Do they expect me to UNrepent?

I would expect you to do a word study On repentance, Repent, repenting, metanoeo, metanoia, nacham, shuwb, So then the words would have more meaning and not define it by your own interpretation, Like missing the Mark, Been Sorry or Regret, Turning Or Returning To God,A change of mind, Then verses Like Repentance Towards God might make more sense  Acts 20:21   Testifying both to the Jews, and also to the Greeks,repentance toward God, and faith toward our Lord Jesus Christ. 2 Corinthians 7:10   For godly sorrow worketh repentance to salvation not to be repented of

With your definition how would you interpret these verses Romans 11:29   For the gifts and calling of God are without repentance. or here is a Good one, Think of what you said Repent means in this verse

Genesis 6:6   And it repented the LORD that he had made man on the earth, and it grieved him at his heart.

Genesis 6:7   And the LORD said, I will destroy man whom I have created from the face of the earth; both man, and beast, and the creeping thing, and the fowls of the air; for it repentteth me that I have made them.

It cant mean What you said It means Because God didn't Sin, Did God Change his mind? He Saved And Redeemed The World

• Group:  Non-Conformist Theology
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  118
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  4,361
  • Content Per Day:  2.30
  • Birthday:  02/03/1953

1 minute ago, Reflection said:

I would expect you to do a word study On repentance, Repent, repenting, metanoeo, metanoia, nacham, shuwb, So then the words would have more meaning and not define it by your own interpretation, Like missing the Mark, Been Sorry or Regret, Turning Or Returning To God,A change of mind, Then verses Like Repentance Towards God might make more sense  Acts 20:21   Testifying both to the Jews, and also to the Greeks,repentance toward God, and faith toward our Lord Jesus Christ. 2 Corinthians 7:10   For godly sorrow worketh repentance to salvation not to be repented of

With your definition how would you interpret these verses Romans 11:29   For the gifts and calling of God are without repentance. or here is a Good one, Think of what you said Repent means in this verse

Genesis 6:6   And it repented the LORD that he had made man on the earth, and it grieved him at his heart.

Genesis 6:7   And the LORD said, I will destroy man whom I have created from the face of the earth; both man, and beast, and the creeping thing, and the fowls of the air; for it repentteth me that I have made them.

It cant mean What you said It means Because God didn't Sin, Did God Change his mind? He Saved And Redeemed The World

Do a study on repentance? The Lord led me to repent of sin I was committing. I stopped committing the sin. My life was transformed. Am I supposed to stop following Jesus and start following you? What would you have me do that Jesus didn't have me do?

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  14
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

1 minute ago, johnthebaptist said:

Do a study on repentance? The Lord led me to repent of sin I was committing. I stopped committing the sin. My life was transformed. Am I supposed to stop following Jesus and start following you? What would you have me do that Jesus didn't have me do?

Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.

And not be Acts 7:51 Ye stiffnecked and uncircumcised in heart and ears, ye do always resist the Holy Ghost: as your fathers did, so do ye.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  54
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,441
  • Content Per Day:  0.88

8 minutes ago, johnthebaptist said:

[13] When I shut up the heavens so that there is no rain, or command the locust to devour the land, or send pestilence among my people,
[14] if my people who are called by my name humble themselves, and pray and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin and heal their land. 2 Chronicles 13-14 RSV

That verses above was from a different time period before the Cross. Not saying that it has no bearing, but it was for a specific people Israel at that time. 

Without the shedding of blood there is no forgiveness of sins

Would you say the verses below give a clear description of what salvation means fo all mankind today. 

Through whom salvation is found, is it not through Christ.   

Hebrews 9 King James Version (KJV)

26 For then must he often have suffered since the foundation of the world: but now once in the end of the world hath he appeared to put away sin by the sacrifice of himself.

27 And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment:

28 So Christ was once offered to bear the sins of many; and unto them that look for him shall he appear the second time without sin unto salvation.

3 minutes ago, Reflection said:

Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.

And not be Acts 7:51 Ye stiffnecked and uncircumcised in heart and ears, ye do always resist the Holy Ghost: as your fathers did, so do ye.

I sort of like following Jesus.

Just now, warrior12 said:

That verses above was from a different time period before the Cross. Not saying that it has no bearing, but it was for a specific people Israel at that time. 

Without the shedding of blood there is no forgiveness of sins

Would you say the verses below give a clear description of what salvation means fo all mankind today. 

Through whom salvation is found, is it not through Christ.   

Hebrews 9 King James Version (KJV)

26 For then must he often have suffered since the foundation of the world: but now once in the end of the world hath he appeared to put away sin by the sacrifice of himself.

27 And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment:

28 So Christ was once offered to bear the sins of many; and unto them that look for him shall he appear the second time without sin unto salvation.

You know that the Lord can, and will, fix our lives if we repent. 

1 minute ago, johnthebaptist said:

You know that the Lord can, and will, fix our lives if we repent. 

Ok, johnthebaptist.   Can I ask if you do a deeper study of Ephesian 2.   It gives a very good description of Grace  and why it is so important in our salvation.

You have to call that name Johnthebaptist,I see you have not mentioned once in this thread , especially when it pertains to salvation and repentance.

No man can get to heaven but through Jesus Christ.  That you have to make sure you have in your theology .  

Ephesians 2 King James Version (KJV)

But God, who is rich in mercy, for his great love wherewith he loved us,

Even when we were dead in sins, hath quickened us together with Christ, (by grace ye are saved;)

And hath raised us up together, and made us sit together in heavenly places in Christ Jesus:

That in the ages to come he might shew the exceeding riches of his grace in his kindness toward us through Christ Jesus.

For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:

Not of works, lest any man should boast.

• Thumbs Up 1

Just now, warrior12 said:

Ok, johnthebaptist.   Can I ask if you do a deeper study of Ephesian 2.   It gives a very good description of Grace  and why it is so important in our salvation.

You have to call that name Johnthebaptist,I see you have not mentioned once in this thread , especially when it pertains to salvation and repentance.

No man can get to heaven but through Jesus Christ.  That you have to make sure you have in your theology .  

Ephesians 2 King James Version (KJV)

But God, who is rich in mercy, for his great love wherewith he loved us,

Even when we were dead in sins, hath quickened us together with Christ, (by grace ye are saved;)

And hath raised us up together, and made us sit together in heavenly places in Christ Jesus:

That in the ages to come he might shew the exceeding riches of his grace in his kindness toward us through Christ Jesus.

For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:

Not of works, lest any man should boast.

I've been walking with the Lord for 47 years. He led me to repent of sins I was committing. My life was transformed. I'm not going to stop walking with him.

7 minutes ago, johnthebaptist said:

I've been walking with the Lord for 47 years. He led me to repent of sins I was committing. My life was transformed. I'm not going to stop walking with him.

Agreed. Don't stop walking with him. What is the name of the Lord that you refer too though. The bible says clearly that no one can to the father but through ??

3 minutes ago, warrior12 said:

Agreed. Don't stop walking with him. What is the name of the Lord that you refer too though. The bible says clearly that no one can to the father but through ??

The name of my Lord is Jesus Christ.