• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  25
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  120
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Days Won:  0

Hello,

I was watching a sermon from Hardcore Christianity about anxiety and my day was going okay until someone brought up the topic of the unpardonable sin/blaspheming the spirit. Then fear started entering me and I started getting the you know what blasphemous thoughts, I was rebuking the thoughts telling them begone satan in the name of Jesus. and I accidentally thought of the HS when saying the devils name. thats not the worst part though the worst part i was brooding over the thoughts sometimes zoning out afterwards due to being lazy and in a terrible mood and feeling condemned and anxious. Is that reason to worry? Of course I have no desire to blaspheme the spirit or god and no malicious intent. but im worried i really blew it this time by dwelling on such negative thoughts.

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  87
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  3,795
  • Content Per Day:  1.33
  • Days Won:  3

37 minutes ago, F_Ivan said:

Hello,

I was watching a sermon from Hardcore Christianity about anxiety and my day was going okay until someone brought up the topic of the unpardonable sin/blaspheming the spirit. Then fear started entering me and I started getting the you know what blasphemous thoughts, I was rebuking the thoughts telling them begone satan in the name of Jesus. and I accidentally thought of the HS when saying the devils name. thats not the worst part though the worst part i was brooding over the thoughts sometimes zoning out afterwards due to being lazy and in a terrible mood and feeling condemned and anxious. Is that reason to worry? Of course I have no desire to blaspheme the spirit or god and no malicious intent. but im worried i really blew it this time by dwelling on such negative thoughts.

Let me explain what "blasphemy of" and "blasphemy against", is all about.

Blasphemy against the Holy Spirit is committed  when you are a Pharisee, living 2000+ yrs ago, and you see Jesus walking on Water, and raising the dead, and you accuse The Christ of doing these miracles "by the power of the Devil".  In other words, you are there, and accuse Christ personally, of doing His works by the power of Satan.....So, that is an insult to the Holy Spirit, or blasphemy AGAINST the HS.   So, i think you are safe from that one.

Next,   Blasphemy OF the Holy Spirit is to commit the unpardonable sin.  The unpardonable sin, is to commit blasphemy OF the Holy Spirit.  And this is really simple to understand however, most Pastors and Popes and Ministers have no idea what it is, so, most Christians who go to church have no idea what it is............   Simply put : =   To commit that sin, is to die have rejected Christ.  And when you do that, you have committed ETERNAL CHRIST REJECTION.  And if you do that, then there is no salvation left for you to save you because you rejected the ONE who IS Salvation and Grace.   So, the unpardonable sin, is to die un-pardoned, because you cant be forgiven if you reject the ONLY ONE Who died to forgive you, of all your sin.   So, its that ONE SIN, thats unpardonable.   As you can't be forgiven by CHRIST on the CROSS, if you Reject Christ on the Cross.

= the UNPARDONABLE SIN.   =  is only 1.   

And who commits this?   Every unbeliever is currently committing it right NOW and  until the instant they are SAVED.   So, until they are saved, born again,  they are UN-Pardoned by the Very BLOOD and Cross that they are REJECTING.

This means they are JUDGED ALREADY IN ETERNITY for that SIN, even tho they are not dead yet.   And here is the verse thats confirms it.    John 3:36.    Go and read it, readers.

So, F_Ivan, pay no mind to your mind.  Its just your mind, and all of us have thoughts and we think....."what is THAT"......So, just ignore it., and like i said, if you are not born again, then solve that Today, as you are not promised tomorrow.   Now is the day of Salvation.

Thanx for the question.   I'm going to post this as a Thread so that more can view it,  as i know that so many believers and non-believers, come to Christian Forums, and want help and understanding with this serious Topic.

Blessings, 

<B><

Edited by Behold

• Group:  Non-Conformist Theology
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  118
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  4,361
  • Content Per Day:  2.29
  • Birthday:  02/03/1953

2 hours ago, F_Ivan said:

Hello,

You said, "I accidentally thought of the HS when saying the devils name."  The Lord is a fair judge. As a matter of fact, he loves us and is merciful, when the situation merits mercy. He isn't looking for excuses to send us to hell.

• Thumbs Up 2

4 minutes ago, johnthebaptist said:

The Lord is a fair judge. As a matter of fact, he loves us and is merciful, when the situation merits mercy.

Actually, Jesus and God The Father,  are both Merciful, no matter the situation.

They don't need a reason to be merciful, as they themselves ARE MERCY.   

Mercy exists, because THEY Exist.

• Well Said! 1

2 hours ago, Behold said:

Actually, Jesus and God The Father,  are both Merciful, no matter the situation.

They don't need a reason to be merciful, as they themselves ARE MERCY.   

Mercy exists, because THEY Exist.

They are as merciful as they can be, but it is necessary for us to repent of our sin, and if we stubbornly refuse, their discipline can be severe. It's for our own good.

8 hours ago, johnthebaptist said:

They are as merciful as they can be, but it is necessary for us to repent of our sin, and if we stubbornly refuse, their discipline can be severe. It's for our own good.

If you understood anything about being born again, you would understand that Believers are not under the law.  And because we are not, the Law has no more authority to define us as a "sinner".

This is why the NT explains that the born again are SAINTS.

If we commit a work of the flesh, that formally was defined by the Law as a "sin" but now isn't because we are "no longer under the law but under GRACE", then we will certainly "reap what we have sown".

That is a spiritual law in the earth that will find everyone, born again, or not.

Edited by Behold

5 hours ago, Flowersun said:

There is no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus.

Thats exactly right ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

There are 2 types of "condemnation".

1.) we are condemned as sinners, under the law, doomed and destined to face God as Judge, because we are not born again... This is John 3:36

2.) Inner condemnation, or personal guilt or regret, due to something we did, that is stinging our conscience.

So, in Both Cases, Jesus is our rescue, as He has taken the Judgment due us on the Cross, 2000+ yrs ago, so that by Him becoming our sin as well as paying for it with His blood and death, we are FREE from the judgment due us..   He took it.  He was judged for ALL our sin...... He became our sin.    So, this is why we will never meet God in Eternity as our Judge, but only as our DADDY. "abba" , Father.

IN the 2nd Case, 1 John 3:20 "For if our heart condemn us, God is greater than our heart"

What this means is, so as God forgave you for whatever you have done, then forgive yourself for whatever you have done, realizing......"If God does not see me as guilty, then i will make it right, i will say im sorry to the one i hurt, ask forgiveness if necessary, and LET IT GO, as GOD DOES NOT REMEMBER IT.."

Do not carry Guilt.  Only Carry GRACE.

"let your heart be ESTABLISHED (built upon) GRACE".

Edited by Behold
  • This is Worthy 1

8 hours ago, DustyRoad said:

What do you understand about obsessive-compulsive disorder, @johnthebaptist?

Not a whole lot. Sometimes I have to look into my car an extra time to make sure the parking brake is set.

3 hours ago, Behold said:

If you understood anything about being born again, you would understand that Believers are not under the law.  And because we are not, the Law has no more authority to define us as a "sinner".

This is why the NT explains that the born again are SAINTS.

If we commit a work of the flesh, that formally was defined by the Law as a "sin" but now isn't because we are "no longer under the law but under GRACE", then we will certainly "reap what we have sown".

That is a spiritual law in the earth that will find everyone, born again, or not.

It isn’t about what we understand – it’s about what we do: 

[1] If I speak in the tongues of men and of angels, but have not love, I am a noisy gong or a clanging cymbal.
[2] And if I have prophetic powers, and understand all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have all faith, so as to remove mountains, but have not love, I am nothing.

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  25
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  120
  • Content Per Day:  0.07

10 hours ago, DustyRoad said:

That's the nature of OCD and thus your affliction, @F_Ivan. Remember this:

Our Lord Jesus Christ knows all things. For example, He chose us before the foundation of the world, knowing the full measure of our lives before we were born. You can let it go my friend... you're not a blasphemer like the accuser of the brethren desperately wishes for you to believe. I recommend forgiving those who don't understand your affliction. They don't know what they're doing.  

I heartily encourage you to count it all joy whenever you suffer like this, brother. You have nothing to fear in Christ Jesus!  

I keep probing myself to examine if i really blasphemed or not but it makes it worse. Before im 90% sure i havent then i bring it up again ("was it really me or my ocd?") and feel awful and feel even less sure. I feel messed up and out of it. Have you gone through this dusty especially on the topic of the HS?

Edited by F_Ivan