• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  211
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,463
  • Content Per Day:  0.21
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  01/23/1966

Romans 1;[16] For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek.

1 Corinthians 1:[18] For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God.

• Thumbs Up 1

• 2 weeks later...

• Group:  Non-Trinitarian
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  84
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Days Won:  0

Sure the Real Good News ('Gospel') needs to be defended, in view of the Endless FALSE 'Gospels' of the many churches!

• Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  136
  • Content Per Day:  0.09

It does need defended. 

We were warned that there would be "false apostles", "ministers of unrighteousness" and "grievous wolves" that would enter into the Christian communities "not sparing the flock". Every truth of God and His word needs defended for there are many that seek to twist doctrine and butcher the truth any way they can to lead people astray from the straight gate and narrow path.

Jude 1:3 KJB

"Beloved, when I gave all diligence to write to you of the common salvation, it was needful for me to write to you, and exhort you that you should earnestly contend for the faith which was once delivered to the saints."

• Thumbs Up 1

On 4/26/2020 at 3:58 PM, TruthDefender said:

Sure the Real Good News ('Gospel') needs to be defended, in view of the Endless FALSE 'Gospels' of the many churches!

Absolutely!

19 hours ago, BlessedCreator said:

It does need defended. 

We were warned that there would be "false apostles", "ministers of unrighteousness" and "grievous wolves" that would enter into the Christian communities "not sparing the flock". Every truth of God and His word needs defended for there are many that seek to twist doctrine and butcher the truth any way they can to lead people astray from the straight gate and narrow path.

Jude 1:3 KJB

"Beloved, when I gave all diligence to write to you of the common salvation, it was needful for me to write to you, and exhort you that you should earnestly contend for the faith which was once delivered to the saints."

Well said.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  211
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,463
  • Content Per Day:  0.21
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  01/23/1966

I see that I should've provided more context for the post originally. I agree with all that you each have said.

Once someone gave me a book titled, "Why I Became a Member of ………….." After reading the first few pages I saw the untruth and returned it to him the next day with thanks. But he was truly offended when I told him that the Holy Ghost wouldn't let me believe what the book stated.

Understood and appreciated for pointing out the inadequacy of the detail needed for clarification. Shalom.

• 2 months later...

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  15
  • Content Count:  5,731
  • Content Per Day:  3.54
  • Days Won:  12

On 7/10/2020 at 9:03 PM, Roar said:

DhXGX_zU8AEZ-Ka.jpg

Jude 3 (VW) Beloved, while I was very diligent to write to you concerning the common salvation, it was necessary for me to write to you exhorting you to contend earnestly for the faith which was once for all delivered to the saints.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Content Count:  304
  • Content Per Day:  0.19

The Gospel, the Word of God does not need to be defended in the sense that it could be damaged by any attacks.
People, unbelievers, mockers need to be woken up, to be shown the truth, so that they'd be saved.

Edited by Wesley L

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  15
  • Content Count:  5,731
  • Content Per Day:  3.54
  • Days Won:  12

15 hours ago, Wesley L said:

The Gospel, the Word of God does not need to be defended in the sense that it could be damaged by any attacks.
People, unbelievers, mockers need to be woken up, to be shown the truth, so that they'd be saved.

Deceivers are continually trying to alter and water down the word of God, from early Gnostics in Egypt, right through to Roman Catholics, Liberals, evolutionists, legalists and others, in our day.  We should contend earnestly for the the truth of the word of God, against all such deceptions, to honour the Lord and to help to deliver people from error.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  186
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,244
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  30

1Pe 3:14  But even if you should suffer for righteousness' sake, you will be blessed. Have no fear of them, nor be troubled,

1Pe 3:15  but in your hearts honor Christ the Lord as holy, always being prepared to make a defense to anyone who asks you for a reason for the hope that is in you; yet do it with gentleness and respect,

1Pe 3:16  having a good conscience, so that, when you are slandered, those who revile your good behavior in Christ may be put to shame.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Loved it! 1