IGNORED

The Antichrist (the coming false messiah)

BlessedCreator

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,028
  • Content Per Day:  0.23
  • Days Won:  1

Johns second epistle deals with a false teaching that creates a false gospel. It was something the early church combated and John calls the teaching that Jesus did not come in the flesh anti-Christ.  

A false gospel is against the true gospel but at the same time is another gospel. It takes the place of the gospel. Anti-Christ is not only against but in place of. 

There is a reason the man of sin wants to be worshiped in the temple of God. There is a reason he will be given three and a half years. It's a pattern. 

Most of the prophecies about the first coming of Messiah where fulfilled in the life of Jesus. Most of those where fulfilled in the last three and a half years and most of those in the last week. I suspect the second coming will be somewhat like the first in pattern.

Many leaders in history wanted to be worshiped as god or a god. This is the spirit of anti-Christ. Yes it is against but also in place of.

Edited by Zemke

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  54
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  228
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Days Won:  0

BC> I See Your JW! Its very intro to me that you people are into the end times1 But tell me when you do not even believe that Jesus is God you can talk   about the end times?? 

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  54
  • Content Count:  228
  • Content Per Day:  0.04

Because John was on an island that believed that Jesus was God!>wrote of things to come  by the Holy Ghost!>and as You that do not believe this way is talking about things to come with out the Ghost! MMMM ! that's all I have to say to you! Enjoy

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  136
  • Content Per Day:  0.09

6 hours ago, Hadley said:

BC> I See Your JW! Its very intro to me that you people are into the end times1 But tell me when you do not even believe that Jesus is God you can talk   about the end times?? 

I'm not a JW. Why would you think that?

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  40
  • Content Count:  2,143
  • Content Per Day:  0.47

On 4/21/2020 at 8:50 AM, Zemke said:

The reason Paul tells us he will be revealed is because we won't know for sure who he is.

Hi Zemke,  that is not the reason.   Paul says the man of sin be revealed - is because Israel and the world at that will be thinking the person is the messiah.

But he reveals himself to be the man of sin by the act he does of claiming to be God.     Which will end his time as the Antichrist, perceived messiah by the Jews.

After being slain for his act and come back to life - next role is as the beast (no longer the Antichrist).     Which seems kinda of strange to most people, who hear me say that,  because it has been drilled into people's head that the Antichrist term is him as the world's worst final evil dictator.

The person is called the son of perdition in 2Thessalonians2:3, like Judas, because Satan will enter the person to carry out the act of betraying the Jews and their belief of him being the messiah.

Edited by douggg

14 hours ago, douggg said:

Hi Zemke,  that is not the reason.   Paul says the man of sin be revealed - is because Israel and the world at that will be thinking the person is the messiah.

But he reveals himself to be the man of sin by the act he does of claiming to be God.     Which will end his time as the Antichrist, perceived messiah by the Jews.

After being slain for his act and come back to life - next role is as the beast (no longer the Antichrist).     Which seems kinda of strange to most people, who hear me say that,  because it has been drilled into people's head that the Antichrist term is him as the world's worst final evil dictator.

The person is called the son of perdition in 2Thessalonians2:3, like Judas, because Satan will enter the person to carry out the act of betraying the Jews and their belief of him being the messiah.

Jesus warned of deception more than anything else in the Olivet discourse. Judas is a major new Testament type of anti-Christ as you've correctly stated he is called the son of perdition. None of the disciples seemed to have a clue about Judas.

How many people follow a Rich Warren, Joel Olsteen, Kenny Copeland, N.T. Wright, Ecumenical psychological new age leaders? By the millions.? Hundreds of Millions?

I really don't think we have a handle on just how slick this guy is going to be and the spiritual pressure to follow those trends will only increase. We need to know the Lord. Without prayer and reading our Bibles and the gathering together with those we know in the faith, it will be difficult. 

I'm not saying we will all be wrong about who he is, I'm saying we really won't be absolutely sure until he is revealed. But I have a hunch there will be a number of anti-Christs to pick from. Even if we have a strong belief of who he is we should warn people to watch out for and stay way from this or that person but we need to prepare for when we really know, as Daniel had stated, 'Those that have incite will teach the many." If you believe you will be out of here and the reveal has nothing to do with believers then why the attention and dogmatic statements? People are being deceived now and this will increase. I'm not comfortable with doctrines that let us off the hook about a time that is alluded to and spoken of more than anytime in the biblical narrative.

The coming of our Lord and the end of the age.

The prophet Micah spoke of a time that his enemies were the men of his own house hold and he couldn't even trust the woman who set her head on his chest. But in the middle of all that he stated, "Do not rejoice over me, oh my enemy, for if I fall, I shall rise."

It's nice having a scenario that fits our end view but we need to prepare for the spiritual darkness that is about to come. Knowing stuff helps but as Micah also wrote in the same narrative, "When I dwell in darkness, the Lord with be a light unto me." 

He comes like a thief, when? In the night. Always the night. The Sun will turn to darkness and the moon to blood 'before' that great and glorious day comes. Peter in Acts 2. I don't doubt there will be a literal event in the cosmos but the serious aspect is the spiritual darkness that will be present at that time.

We are confusing and stressing our watching to a point that I believe we have become guilty of neglecting the other side of the coin, being ready. Information is good and sweet in the mouth but if the bitterness in our belly isn't active in repentance and we have pain of lost loved ones it isn't doing us good. And where is the weeping over the state of the church. What the people of God were like before Babylon in the past is what the people of God are like today before Babylon the great.

This is my grief because I am guilty and lazy and comfortable. But I would rather know I'm a retch and wrong than thinking I could not be fooled because I think I'm right. Blessed are those poor in spirit. And brother, we are all poor in spirit, we just need to realize it.

Our provision is the Lord and maybe with all the wealth we have in the west this is a good time to address where our hope really rests. 

Deception is the most repeated warning of Jesus in the Olivet Discourse. 

Edited by Zemke

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  40
  • Content Count:  2,143
  • Content Per Day:  0.47

2 hours ago, Zemke said:

I really don't think we have a handle on just how slick this guy is going to be and the spiritual pressure to follow those trends will only increase. We need to know the Lord. Without prayer and reading our Bibles and the gathering together with those we know in the faith, it will be difficult. 

Well, he is going to be a Jew (his religion Judaism), and at the best Jews (Judaism) think of Jesus as a "failed messiah".    Going by what some countermissionary Jews have told me, regarding their view of Jesus.

Edited by douggg

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  136
  • Content Per Day:  0.09

Where does scripture say he will be a jew?

9 hours ago, douggg said:

Well, he is going to be a Jew (his religion Judaism), and at the best Jews (Judaism) think of Jesus as a "failed messiah".    Going by what some countermissionary Jews have told me, regarding their view of Jesus.

Which proves my point, "I really don't think we have a handle on just how slick this guy is going to be."  

Another major New Testament type of anti-Christ is Herod. For many of the Jews he was a Jew, to an Arab an Arab and to the Romans a Roman. There's much to consider and as I had said, being dogmatic will not help. There is more to the picture than any of us see fully or clearly. It's good to keep praying and reading and we need to approach the scripture looking for what God is showing us and not what we think He is showing us. Very difficult and none of us aren't influenced with something but it is really needed more than ever to read with as little bias as possible. 

Yes Satan wants the Jews gone, wiped out, history shows us this. But being worshiped in the temple of God has more than just a physical reality attached to it. The church is called the Temple numerous times in the New Testament.

We are the Temple of God, a spiritual house. What can be shaken will be shaken. Be therefore ready.

Edited by Zemke

7 hours ago, douggg said:

And these countermissionary Jews have the same problem Jesus said the Jews had in His day.

They don't believe Moses. 

John 5:46-45  "For if you believed Moses, you would believe Me: for he wrote of Me. But if you do not believe his writings, how will you believe My words?"

Edited by Zemke
added scripture