• Group:  Servant
  • Followers:  21
  • Topic Count:  241
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  6,943
  • Content Per Day:  3.27
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  09/23/1954

It may be hard to see how everything that is happening in the world and in our lives is going to work out for our good, but according to God's Word this is His purpose for those who love Him, these being those whom He has called.  This prophecy from God's Word is good news to me because I dislike dwelling on the unpleasant, vexatious, malevalent experiences that have buffeted and beset me to date. 

Rom 8:28  And we know that all things work together for good to those who love God, to those who are the called according to His purpose.

Currently our Swan Plants here are covered in Monarch Butterfly caterpillars. They hatch out of eggs laid on these plants by the butterflies, and can grow as big as my little finger after feeding on the plants for a few weeks. Then they each make themselves a chrysalis in which to pupate as they change from caterpillar to butterfly.

The butterflies have a struggle breaking out the chrysalis but the effort used helps strengthen them for flight. The whole process from egg to caterpillar is called metamorphosis which means transformation. 

2Co 3:18  But we all, with open face beholding as in a glass the glory of the Lord, are changed (Gr. metamorphoō) into the same image from glory to glory, even as by the Spirit of the Lord.

metamorphoō
met-am-or-fo'-o
From G3326 and G3445; to transform (literally or figuratively “metamorphose”): - change, transfigure, transform.
Total KJV occurrences: 4 [Strong's Concordance G3339 ]

Rom 12:2  And be not conformed to this world: but be you transformed (Gr. metamorphoō) by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God. 

Things may not be so good for some of us at the moment, but we who love God and are the called according to His purpose are in divine metamorphosis, there is a changing of form taking place which ultimately works out in our favour.

DIVINE METAMORPHOSIS

Evidence Of Change

Part One: WILDERNESS,  WASTEPLACES,  DESERT.

These thoughts are an isolated wilderness of loneliness
In a mind remote and inaccessible;
Inhospitable, cut-off, shut-off;
No-one comes here.

These lives are forsaken waste places of rejection
In a world hopeless and confused;
Neglected, meaningless, abandoned;
Nothing useful here.

These hearts are a dry desert of defeat
In a soul solitary and sad;
Scorched, blistered, bare;
Nowhere to grow here.

Part Two: GARDEN, DWELLING PLACES, OASIS.

Now these thoughts are a glorious garden of communion
In a mind close and reacheable;
Accommodating, inviting, welcoming;
We have fellowship here.

Now these lives are treasured dwelling places of acceptance
In a world hopeful and learning;
Nourished, meaningful, belonging;
We have stewardship here.

Now these hearts are a well-watered oasis of victory
In a soul sociable and glad;
Refreshed, healed, abounding;
We have worship here.

Part Three: CHANGE, TRANSFIGURE, TRANSFORM.

Transform these thoughts from wilderness to garden,
From waste places to dwelling places, these lives transfigure,
Hearts from desert to oasis change,
Your metamorphosis divinely trigger.

30-01-03
Scriptural Inspiration: Isaiah 51:3
  • Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  4,071
  • Content Per Day:  1.41
  • Days Won:  0

They then travel to............a small town in Mexico every year. I watched this on a National Geographic Show a few years back. 

Sierra Chincua

Monarch Butterflies Migrate 3,000 Miles. Butterflies congregate at a wintering roost in Sierra Chincua, Mexico

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, Revelation Man said:

They then travel to............a small town in Mexico every year. I watched this on a National Geographic Show a few years back. 

Sierra Chincua

Monarch Butterflies Migrate 3,000 Miles. Butterflies congregate at a wintering roost in Sierra Chincua, Mexico

Thanks for sharing that, Revelation Man. There are differing theories about how they navigate so precisely, but it is obviously something they are designed to do.

The first 3 generations of butterfly live less than 2 months, while the 4th generation has to hibernate and lives from 6 to 8 months. The reason is explained at the link below.

Monarch Butterfly Life Span on Learn About Nature Site

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,621
  • Content Per Day:  1.10
  • Days Won:  7
  • Birthday:  02/15/1973

On 4/24/2020 at 5:32 PM, Michael37 said:

It may be hard to see how everything that is happening in the world and in our lives is going to work out for our good, but according to God's Word this is His purpose for those who love Him, these being those whom He has called.  This prophecy from God's Word is good news to me because I dislike dwelling on the unpleasant, vexatious, malevalent experiences that have buffeted and beset me to date. 

Rom 8:28  And we know that all things work together for good to those who love God, to those who are the called according to His purpose.

Currently our Swan Plants here are covered in Monarch Butterfly caterpillars. They hatch out of eggs laid on these plants by the butterflies, and can grow as big as my little finger after feeding on the plants for a few weeks. Then they each make themselves a chrysalis in which to pupate as they change from caterpillar to butterfly.

The butterflies have a struggle breaking out the chrysalis but the effort used helps strengthen them for flight. The whole process from egg to caterpillar is called metamorphosis which means transformation. 

2Co 3:18  But we all, with open face beholding as in a glass the glory of the Lord, are changed (Gr. metamorphoō) into the same image from glory to glory, even as by the Spirit of the Lord.

metamorphoō
met-am-or-fo'-o
From G3326 and G3445; to transform (literally or figuratively “metamorphose”): - change, transfigure, transform.
Total KJV occurrences: 4 [Strong's Concordance G3339 ]

Rom 12:2  And be not conformed to this world: but be you transformed (Gr. metamorphoō) by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God. 

Things may not be so good for some of us at the moment, but we who love God and are the called according to His purpose are in divine metamorphosis, there is a changing of form taking place which ultimately works out in our favour.

The Tree of Knowledge was purposed for Adam and Eve to partake of. We need the contrast of good and evil to learn the value of things we would otherwise take for granted. 
This constant ebb and flow of opposites or seemingly polar opposition from a negative and a positive is what creates movement or current. God is like a battery which created both polarities to cause his will to be manifested on earth as it already is in heaven. 

Without theses two polar opposites at work there would be no manifestations produced or worked out. We don’t see electricity but we see it’s manifestations produced as a result of it. We learn hot by the contrast of cold. We learn what is right by the contrast of what is wrong. How can we know what is fake or false except by comparison of what is true or right side by side. 

The disciples made a spiritual Metamorphosis by making a transition from knowing Jesus after the flesh to truly knowing him after his Spirit the (Holy Spirit),

2 Corinthians 5:16 

16 Wherefore henceforth know we no man after the flesh: yea, though we have known Christ after the flesh, yet now henceforth know we him no more.

17 Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.

The old things cannot become new if we only know him after the flesh. Knowing the letter of scripture is only an about knowledge and is only knowing him after the flesh. When knowing him after the flesh the scripture is only going to be law unto you or its only going to be an outward command to obey externally.

John 15:15-17 

15 Henceforth I call you not servants; for the servant knoweth not what his lord doeth: but I have called you friends; for all things that I have heard of my Father I have made known unto you. 

This scripture also shows a change or metamorphosis that takes place as well when we know him in a deeper way after the Holy Spirit where the the word was worked in us in order for us to do it or perform it not by the law but by the outflow of the Holy Spirit in our life.

9 hours ago, Eddy Crocker said:

The Tree of Knowledge was purposed for Adam and Eve to partake of. We need the contrast of good and evil to learn the value of things we would otherwise take for granted. 
This constant ebb and flow of opposites or seemingly polar opposition from a negative and a positive is what creates movement or current. God is like a battery which created both polarities to cause his will to be manifested on earth as it already is in heaven. 

Without theses two polar opposites at work there would be no manifestations produced or worked out. We don’t see electricity but we see it’s manifestations produced as a result of it. We learn hot by the contrast of cold. We learn what is right by the contrast of what is wrong. How can we know what is fake or false except by comparison of what is true or right side by side. 

The disciples made a spiritual Metamorphosis by making a transition from knowing Jesus after the flesh to truly knowing him after his Spirit the (Holy Spirit),

2 Corinthians 5:16 

16 Wherefore henceforth know we no man after the flesh: yea, though we have known Christ after the flesh, yet now henceforth know we him no more.

17 Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.

The old things cannot become new if we only know him after the flesh. Knowing the letter of scripture is only an about knowledge and is only knowing him after the flesh. When knowing him after the flesh the scripture is only going to be law unto you or its only going to be an outward command to obey externally.

John 15:15-17 

15 Henceforth I call you not servants; for the servant knoweth not what his lord doeth: but I have called you friends; for all things that I have heard of my Father I have made known unto you. 

This scripture also shows a change or metamorphosis that takes place as well when we know him in a deeper way after the Holy Spirit where the the word was worked in us in order for us to do it or perform it not by the law but by the outflow of the Holy Spirit in our life.

Yes, thanks for your post, Eddy. Its an engrossing subject since the thread of transformation runs through the Bible from start to finish. The Gospels of Matthew and Mark both use the Greek metamorphoo to describe the change of form that Jesus underwent in these verse:

Mat 17:2  And was transfigured before them: and his face did shine as the sun, and his raiment was white as the light.
Mar 9:2  And after six days Jesus took with him Peter, and James, and John, and led them up into an high mountain apart by themselves: and he was transfigured before them.

9 hours ago, Eddy Crocker said:

How can we know what is fake or false except by comparison of what is true or right side by side. 

Yes, so polarity is inevitable in eternity, God always knowing His Will would be opposed. 

Image1031.jpg.234c337d87e06237f13676441bf53f0c.jpgImage1032.jpg.4d9bd8cc1b91836ea9759dbe7271b517.jpg

Taken yesterday these photos show a monarch butterfly visiting one of our Swan Plants, and one of about 8 monarch butterfly caterpillars currently at home on it.