• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  191
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  629
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  03/29/1970

I know this man. He's married. He's messing around with someone else that I know. When he comes around my family welcomes him with open arms. I don't agree with what he's doing so I don't sit with them and laugh with him like every one else does. I don't speak to him unless he speaks to me. It's not that I don't like this person. He's really a funny guy and a easy going guy, but I feel with every thing in me that what he is doing is wrong and I just can't be around that.

I know your thinking I should tell him that what he's doing is wrong and against God. The thing is he knows the bible better then I do.

My little sister confronted me today about it. She said something like I'm suppose to be this really churchie person and yet I'm judging him. I don't think that I'm judging him. I just can't.... I really can't sit around this person and pretend as if I agree with what he's doing, I just can't. What do you think? Am I wrong? Should I welcome this person? Should I push the feelings that I shouldn't be around this situation inside me and just.... I don't know... act like everything is all right? Maybe that last questions was stupid, because I know... with every thing in me that what he's doing is wrong.

What would you do? ;););)

God Bless You

Jacqueline

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  40
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  473
  • Content Per Day:  0.07

Are you saying the rest of your family knows and no one has said anything to this man?

What about his wife? Is she with him when he visits?

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  127
  • Content Count:  3,248
  • Content Per Day:  0.88

"we are not suppose to judge people" is a cop-out

by what measure we judge we shall be judged...

now, if the Word of God conficts some one, by even just reading it to them, or quoting it to them, then it is the Word of God that is doing the judging, if we do it in love, and concern.

something to think about, if you do not love this person, you will remain silent and allow this person to slip away to the enemy, if you love him you will at least try to get him to see the error of his ways...

if this person is a leader in the church, and he ignores your counsel, then you may need to get another elder of the fellowship to go with you to correct this person, if that does not work, then it should be brought up to the board and then to the general congregation...... so this biblically.... do it in love and concern for his soul and welbeing....

if this person is a deacon and he is messing around with the pastors wife, then i would not sit still very long before taking action...

if we allow something like this to happen and we have knowledge of it, we are responsible for this persons soul as well, if we try to show this person, and they reject us, then we are no longer responsible, they have taken it on their own behalf.

sis, satan knows the bible better then we all do, and he uses it to try and twist the Word of God..... our only ofensive weapon is the Sword..... the Bible.... all our other armor is for defensive use..... bring the Word of God to this person, and if you are younger then this person, i believe i would take alont another elder in the fellowship to start with, especially if you are of a differant gender, for safety reasons, and for reputation reasons also....

you do not need an older man passing rumors that you went to him and tryed to come on to him, even though that would not be the truth, that rumor would fly faster then a concord jet (SST)..... his rumor would almost sound good to all those around, especially if he managed to start his first.....

it is not an issue that needs to go untold, or undelt with, but it does need to stop...

we are suppose to not only remain innocent, but also blameless...... refraining from even the appearance of doing anything wrong.....

(for instance, going to a bar after word every night, and sitting from 4 pm til 10 pm drinking soda, the appearance is that you are partying..... drinking, becoming a drunkard.... or.... spending time with some one of the opposite gender, when one is a teen and the other is in their late 20's and up..... not a good appearance)

becareful of how you approach this person, and do it in love, and do it only after you have spent a good amount of time in prayer about how to go about it.... spend some time in the Word seeking the Guidance of the Holy Spirit... do not lie, and do not stretch the truth of what you know, do not assume something, and do not use any one elses testemony..... only your own and what you know first hand...

mike

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  1,285
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  17,917
  • Content Per Day:  2.27
  • Days Won:  19

Grace to you,

The thing is he knows the bible better then I do.

Sister,

I would have to say. If he is doing as you alledge? He really doesn't know the Bible very well at all. ;)

Peace,

Dave

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  1,285
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  17,917
  • Content Per Day:  2.27
  • Days Won:  19

Grace to you,

There is a Biblical way to approach this. I would definately not approach him alone being as your female.

If he is this bold to do so and everyone knows? He is not going to be inclined to listen to you alone. He may actually try to paint a different picture than what your intentions were?

Peace,

Dave

• Topic Count:  128
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,946
  • Content Per Day:  0.28
  • Birthday:  06/06/1979

I would talk to him about it. I agree with Dr. Luke. People slip away and have evil in them and don't accept Christ but as you say he is a bible type person so, what is his excuse. I would honestly talk to him.

• Topic Count:  128
  • Content Count:  1,946
  • Content Per Day:  0.28
  • Birthday:  06/06/1979

Also, if other people know it why doesn't his wife know? I know not every spouse knows about the infedelity but, hm... I would confront him woman or not. That shouldn't matter. If you know for a fact that he is being unfaithful to his wife, you need to tell him you know and talk to him about it.

• Topic Count:  112
  • Content Count:  3,489
  • Content Per Day:  0.48

If he has friends who know he is sinning and they haven't confronted him, they aren't his friends at all, they are enemies. The godly men in his life need to step up to the plate and correct him. I don't think it's appropriate for you to do it, but someone sure needs to, preferrably a man that he respects.

• Topic Count:  191
  • Content Count:  629
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Birthday:  03/29/1970

This guy is not a member of my church, he's just someone that I know. His wife doesn't know because she stays at home alot. I've known this person for about twelve years and have only spoken to his wife once and have only seen her about four times. I know what he's doing is wrong, but is my reacting to him wrong? and another question the person he's seeing is not married is she in God's eyes just as wrong as he is?

God Bless You

Jacqueline

• Topic Count:  331
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  8,713
  • Content Per Day:  1.20

But now I am writing you that you must not associate with anyone who calls himself a brother but is sexually immoral or greedy, an idolater or a slanderer, a drunkard or a swindler. With such a man do not even eat.

1 Corinthians 5:11

If this man claims to be a Christian but continues in this sin without repentance or remorse after being confronted by a Godly man, then I think 1 Corinthians applies.