• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  908
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  9,653
  • Content Per Day:  2.02
  • Days Won:  9

Daniel 12:8–9 (AV)
8 And I heard, but I understood not: then said I, O my Lord, what shall be the end of these things?
9 And he said, Go thy way, Daniel: for the words are closed up and sealed till the time of the end.

There are many things in Daniel and Revelation (Daniel's companion book of prophecy) we can know

from the rest of revealed scripture.  But there are things that we can only postulate in prophecy which

when they come to fulfillment almost always happen in ways we cannot imagine.

I often encounter obstinate opposition to what we can actually glean from revealed scripture with what

the opposer can only postulate / suppose / imagine a prophecy means.

Daniel 12:11-12, for example.

We have a two verse description of the 7 year period known as the 70th Week of Daniel. Verse 11 counts back from the very end.

Verse 12 counts forward from the beginning of the 70th Week of Daniel. Where the two cross comes the time of the abomination of desolation

and then the rapture followed by the Great Tribulation.

Opposers get into the vial / bowl / trumpet judgments etc. and how many toes are on the seven headed beast to try to pooh pooh 

what scripture [clearly] reveals. All because their preconceived notions don't fit with what the Bible actually teaches.

And that's a very dangerous place to be in and to interpret scripture from!

This is how cultists depart from truth and end up in cultism.

"Jesus never claimed to be God" they say.

Jesus SHOWED people he is God. There is no better way to convey truth than for people to realize it for themselves with God's

example / display of course. Many mere mortal men in history have claimed to be God. Jesus PROVED he is God incarnate.

Now for heaven's sake, I am NOT claiming all who disagree with me are cultists... ← sad that I even have to make this point.

I am saying that opposing scripture (as we all do from time to time... until [hopefully] we repent of this...) is the path to the dark side

as it were.

Jesus chided the religious leaders of his day for not knowing the signs of the times, the evidence (biblical prophecy and his fulfillment of them) of

his Messianic Office and advent... to know by the signs that Messiah is here. Instead, they asked for more (or other) signs. So sad.

True today.

We are essentially told to know by the signs of the times of the season for what is about to come (the exact day and hour are in the purview of the Father only). 

But we can know when the signs begin to be fulfilled that the end is very near.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  9,606
  • Content Per Day:  3.95
  • Days Won:  21

3 minutes ago, JohnD said:

But we can know when the signs begin to be fulfilled that the end is very near.

Scarily rational thought...!!

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  839
  • Content Per Day:  0.44
  • Days Won:  0

thank you for posting this,  :)

• Group:  Non-Trinitarian
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  84
  • Content Per Day:  0.06

2 hours ago, JohnD said:

This is how cultists depart from truth and end up in cultism.

"Jesus never claimed to be God" they say.

Jesus SHOWED people he is God. There is no better way to convey truth than for people to realize it for themselves with God's

example / display of course. Many mere mortal men in history have claimed to be God. Jesus PROVED he is God incarnate.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

You were doing SO good- until stating that!

Did Jesus say he SENT himself, taught and commanded himself?

Did he praise himself?

Give himself all power and authority?

Did GOD DIE?

"Go to my brothers and tell them, ‘I am ascending to my Father and your Father, to my God and your God."- Jesus, John 20:17

• Group:  Non-Trinitarian
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  84
  • Content Per Day:  0.06

As millions in all countries CLAIMING to be "Christian" join the military- often killing themselves in wars, TRUE Christians are patriotic about the very Government that will soon DESTROY them!~

Dan 2:44- And in the days of these kings shall the God of heaven set up a kingdom, which shall never be destroyed: and the kingdom shall not be left to other people, but it shall break in pieces and consume all these kingdoms, and it shall stand for ever.