• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  159
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  295
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  08/26/1988

Hi,

I was looking for a verse that says God answers our prayers, and I found the below verses

Matthew 7, 7-11

Luke 11 9-13

Both of them talk about good gifts from the Father and praying. I noticed that Matthew 7 says 'ask', whereas Luke narrows it down to 'ask for the Holy Spirit' (verse 13).

My prayer is not asking for the Holy Spirit, it is a prayer for my son.

Can I follow Matthew and ask for a specific prayer request for my son, or should I ask for only the Holy Spirit?

Is Matthew missing the part 'ask for the Holy Spirit' because of loss in translation?

PART 2 OF THE QUESTION:

Also, I was looking for a verse that says God hears and answers our prayers. But all the verses I found were directed to specific groups -either Jesus disciples, or righteous followers.

I am neither a disciple nor am I righteous. My only 2 redeeming qualities are I believe in Christ, and I believe in God's mercy.

Therefore I pray not because I am righteous, but because I trust in God's mercy.

Do you have a verse that says God answers the prayers of all believers?

Edited by GerdaHannah
Corrected title

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  52
  • Topic Count:  1,021
  • Topics Per Day:  0.15
  • Content Count:  12,333
  • Content Per Day:  1.80
  • Days Won:  92

Gerda Hannah, just pray to God from your heart, talk to Him, have faith that God hears you   Also, you said you are not righteous.   If you believe in Christ as your personal Savior, you are seen as righteous by God as your sins have been washed away by the blood of Christ.   Jesus took our sins and gives us His righteousness.   1 John 1:9.

6Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God; 7and the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus. Philippians 4:6

22So Jesus answered and said to them, “Have faith in God. 23For assuredly, I say to you, whoever says to this mountain, ‘Be removed and be cast into the sea,’ and does not doubt in his heart, but believes that those things he says will be done, he will have whatever he says. 24Therefore I say to you, whatever things you ask when you pray, believe that you receive them, and you will have them.  Mark 11:22-24.