IGNORED

Why Christians should support Israel?

Guest DaughterofZion1

Guest shiloh357
. Ezekiel 37:

24 "David My servant shall be king over them, and they shall all have one shepherd; they shall also walk in My judgments and observe My statutes, and do them.

25 Then they shall dwell in the land that I have given to Jacob My servant, where your fathers dwelt; and they shall dwell there, they, their children, and their children's children, forever; and My servant David shall be their prince forever.

26 Moreover I will make a covenant of peace with them, and it shall be an everlasting covenant with them; I will establish them and multiply them, and I will set My sanctuary in their midst forevermore.

27 My tabernacle also shall be with them; indeed I will be their God, and they shall be My people.

28 The nations also will know that I, the Lord, sanctify Israel, when My sanctuary is in their midst forevermore." ' "

.Zechariah 13

8 And it shall come to pass in all the land," Says the Lord, "That two-thirds in it shall be cut off and die, But one-third shall be left in it:

9 I will bring the one-third through the fire, Will refine them as silver is refined, And test them as gold is tested. They will call on My name, And I will answer them. I will say, 'This is My people'; And each one will say, 'The Lord is my God.' "

Isaiah 28:

22 Now therefore, do not be mockers, Lest your bonds be made strong; For I have heard from the Lord God of hosts, A destruction determined even upon the whole earth.

Isaiah 4:2-6

2 In that day the Branch of the Lord shall be beautiful and glorious; And the fruit of the earth shall be excellent and appealing For those of Israel who have escaped.

3 And it shall come to pass that he who is left in Zion and remains in Jerusalem will be called holy--everyone who is recorded among the living in Jerusalem.

4 When the Lord has washed away the filth of the daughters of Zion, and purged the blood of Jerusalem from her midst, by the spirit of judgment and by the spirit of burning,

5 then the Lord will create above every dwelling place of Mount Zion, and above her assemblies, a cloud and smoke by day and the shining of a flaming fire by night. For over all the glory there will be a covering.

6 And there will be a tabernacle for shade in the daytime from the heat, for a place of refuge, and for a shelter from storm and rain.

4 When the Lord has washed away the filth of the daughters of Zion, and purged the blood of Jerusalem from her midst, by the spirit of judgment and by the spirit of burning,

Revelation 11:3-13

3 And I will give power to my two witnesses, and they will prophesy one thousand two hundred and sixty days, clothed in sackcloth." .

6 These have power to shut heaven, so that no rain falls in the days of their prophecy; and they have power over waters to turn them to blood, and to strike the earth with all plagues, as often as they desire.

10 And those who dwell on the earth will rejoice over them, make merry, and send gifts to one another, because these two prophets tormented those who dwell on the earth.

In CHRIST JESUS :hug: :hug: :hug:

You are still confusing modern Israel with God's dealings with Israel in the last days. I wish you could see that. Those are two different things, and have to treated and addressed differently.

Ezekiel 37 is the continuation of what God begins in 36. It is what we are seeing taking place, namely the restoration of the Jewish people in their historic homeland. Ezekiel 37 deals with their Spiritual restoration. That takes place after modern Israel has been resotored and is solidly in their Land. It is the Spiritual restoration that we are waiting on now.

Isaiah 4 is dealing with the same thing as well, the Spiritual restoration of the Jewish people. Israel is still his nation, his PHYSICAL nation in this earth. Perhaps you should read Jeremiah 31:35,36. It tells us that as long as there is a sun in the sky and ocean waves, Israel will still be His nation.

Revelation 11:3-13 does not even deal with why Christians should support Israel. For you to include this passage only shows that you are still confusing the issues.

BTW the church is not Israel, in case that is where you are going with all of this. You are trying make "Israel" refer to every tribe and tounge, and you are way off base with that.

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest idied2

I have understood everything you have said.

Here is what I am saying. The Jews who have rejected CHRIST today are no different than the Germans, greeks, mexicans, africans ect. who have rejected CHRIST today. Both die without mercy. Before the beginning of the kingdom.

The two witnesses are sent to the Church who claim they are CHRIST'S people. Not to the Jews who rejected HIM. The beast that assends out of the bottomless pit who crucified the LORD will kill the LORDS witnesses. Only now that beast calls itself christains instead of jews.

Guest shiloh357
I have understood everything you have said.

Here is what I am saying. The Jews who have rejected CHRIST today are no different than the Germans, greeks, mexicans, africans ect. who have rejected CHRIST today. Both die without mercy. Before the beginning of the kingdom.

The two witnesses are sent to the Church who claim they are CHRIST'S people. Not to the Jews who rejected HIM. The beast that assends out of the bottomless pit who crucified the LORD will kill the LORDS witnesses. Only now that beast calls itself christains instead of jews.

That has NOTHING to do with supporting Israel against terrorism. Do you think that Jews should be blown up on buses, and stabbed in their beds by gangs of bloodthirsty terrorists, who hate them only because they are Jews? Should Christians just look the other way when a busload of schoolchildren are ripped to shreds by pipebombs? Should motorists by gunned down in Arab ambushes while on their way home from work?

You seem to be against suppporting Israel in their fight against terrorism? Do you somehow think that Jews deserve to be annhilated as is the Arabs aspiration? If not, why then do you oppose Christians standing in solidarity with Jews against this?

Should Israel be condemned in the UN simply because they took legitimate defensive countermeasures against terrorism? Should Israel be condemned for self-defense while the Arabs get a free pass to continue their murderous rampages? If not, then why do oppose Christians standing in solidarity against the sin of international anti-Semitism?

Should the church at large just look the other way like they did in the holocaust? Should we look the other way when other peoples are being tormented as well? Or is it just JEWISH suffering you wish to ignore?

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  496
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  01/20/1959

After researching what is going on in the Middle East, I honestly have serious concerns about the actions of the Israeli government. They have displaced hundreds of thousands of people, some of which are christians. They have taken peoples homes and land, land that had been held by the same family for generation upon generation, with no reparations what-so-ever. They have condemned these people to live in squalor in camps with little or no hope for themselves or their children. What they are doing to the Palestinians borders on ethnic-cleansing, the same kind of treatment that Jews fled from in Europe. Does this sound Christian or Godly?

Guest shiloh357
After researching what is going on in the Middle East, I honestly have serious concerns about the actions of the Israeli government. They have displaced hundreds of thousands of people, some of which are christians. They have taken peoples homes and land, land that had been held by the same family for generation upon generation, with no reparations what-so-ever. They have condemned these people to live in squalor in camps with little or no hope for themselves or their children. What they are doing to the Palestinians borders on ethnic-cleansing, the same kind of treatment that Jews fled from in Europe. Does this sound Christian or Godly?

You are factually incorrect on EVERY SINGLE point you made. Frankly, you are misinformed with regard to the history of the region and the conflict. You don't know what you are talking about in the slightest. Your entire post is a work of fiction and downright lies.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  496
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Birthday:  01/20/1959

You are factually incorrect on EVERY SINGLE point you made. Frankly, you are misinformed with regard to the history of the region and the conflict. You don't know what you are talking about in the slightest. Your entire post is a work of fiction and downright lies.

- So the Israeli government has never forced people out of their village and then bulldozed the village and refused the original inhabitants re-entry?

- So when hundreds of thousands of people have fled from open warfare in fear for their lives, the Israeli government hasn't refused them re-entry into Israel to their homes?

- So there aren't hundreds of thousands of people living in relocation camps in Lebanon, Syria, and Jordan?

I'm sorry, but I don't see anywhere in the Gospel where Christ condoned such treatment.

• Group:  Soapbox - Members
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  68
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  962
  • Content Per Day:  0.13
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  02/11/1932

Perhaps this is the spot for a short Bible lesson on the book of Ruth.

Naomi was a type of Israel. She and her family were driven from her land by famine and her two sons took wives of the Moabites. Adversity struck just as adversity has always struck Israel in the lands where she was driven. Her husband and two sons died and she heard things were better in her homeland so she decided to return.

Her daughter-in-law, Ruth declared one of the most memorable phrases in Scripture,

Guest shiloh357

- So the Israeli government has never forced people out of their village and then bulldozed the village and refused the original inhabitants re-entry?

- So when hundreds of thousands of people have fled from open warfare in fear for their lives, the Israeli government hasn't refused them re-entry into Israel to their homes?

- So there aren't hundreds of thousands of people living in relocation camps in Lebanon, Syria, and Jordan?

I'm sorry, but I don't see anywhere in the Gospel where Christ condoned such treatment.

Why don't you mention the specific incidents complete with names and dates? It is easy just to refer in a general sense to some ambiguous events in history. Anyone can do that. Give me names and dates and give the specific order of events for each incident you reference.

Guest shiloh357
Perhaps this is the spot for a short Bible lesson on the book of Ruth.

Naomi was a type of Israel. She and her family were driven from her land by famine and her two sons took wives of the Moabites. Adversity struck just as adversity has always struck Israel in the lands where she was driven. Her husband and two sons died and she heard things were better in her homeland so she decided to return.

Her daughter-in-law, Ruth declared one of the most memorable phrases in Scripture,

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  26
  • Content Count:  3,216
  • Content Per Day:  0.44
  • Birthday:  05/16/1962

Why don't you mention the specific incidents complete with names and dates? It is easy just to refer in a general sense to some ambiguous events in history.

Those are fair questions, Shiloh. :o Maybe some people in here have an attitude problem, but that's another issue. These events are well-known, they're on TV and in newspapers all the time. You don't need all those specifics.

I would be interested to hear your answers. Properly handled, it could only fortify your position.