Zeisig

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  64
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Days Won:  0

Fermenting is easy: but than there is a few easy to learn things. This is to make realy good and healthy veg-food. This is the first. to add the– 2% salt.

So let us go into: What is fermented food. (Please- do not post - videos. This should be a written thread.)

Anyone heard of so calles "fresh sour-Kraut" (verry german). On colyflower the additional bacteria can grow. [that is all there is to it.]

These good guys do somehow manage to live (during there passage of our gut). Although nearly nothing can pass our stomach without beeing under serious presior to degenerate by the sher toxiqu of HCL in the ph 1.0 (cloric acid)/ verry verry sour that is. That way these healthy bacteria travel through smal intestine – and reach the verry dark and deep (near appendicx) big gut (colon). Everything what than happens is 'under water' so without air.. (to some extend). That means that slow changing processes take place and up to another 1 / 3 (30% ) of good stuff and energy - is still taken out of all our food. Some changes towards buturate or other short fatty acids are formed. Ant to add to this these extra bacteria – that have startet to multiply just the same way – are now verry helpfull and support all the vital functions of properly digesting food.

But this – later shal be about the making: of that simpel to creat – verry best quality food.

Edited by Zeisig
  • Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  961
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,704
  • Content Per Day:  5.04
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

interesting I guess. So many theories on what  is good food and what is not plus how to make it.  And though I have over the years engaged in a few of these theories, in fact I have freshly juiced veggies at my hand right now, I do find there is greater power in a different food, that which my Lord shared of:

John 4:27-42

English Standard Version

Just then his disciples came back. They marveled that he was talking with a woman, but no one said, “What do you seek?” or, “Why are you talking with her?”  So the woman left her water jar and went away into town and said to the people,  “Come, see a man who told me all that I ever did. Can this be the Christ?” They went out of the town and were coming to him.

Meanwhile the disciples were urging him, saying, “Rabbi, eat.”32 But he said to them, “I have food to eat that you do not know about.”  So the disciples said to one another, “Has anyone brought him something to eat?”  Jesus said to them, “My food is to do the will of him who sent me and to accomplish his work. Do you not say, ‘There are yet four months, then comes the harvest’? Look, I tell you, lift up your eyes, and see that the fields are white for harvest.  Already the one who reaps is receiving wages and gathering fruit for eternal life, so that sower and reaper may rejoice together.  For here the saying holds true, ‘One sows and another reaps.’  I sent you to reap that for which you did not labor. Others have labored, and you have entered into their labor.”

Many Samaritans from that town believed in him because of the woman's testimony, “He told me all that I ever did.”  So when the Samaritans came to him, they asked him to stay with them, and he stayed there two days.  And many more believed because of his word.  They said to the woman, “It is no longer because of what you said that we believe, for we have heard for ourselves, and we know that this is indeed the Savior of the world.”

• Thumbs Up 1

No – dearest Neighbor. I do have the other spiritual themes here. Please search my next contend. There is other topics where I write. This was not a good work-

This thread is for the once that know and share intrest – 'Fermentation'.

You can show brotherly love. I invite you dearest Neighbor for fellowship with othes that write. Google what y find. Listen carefully what is said for your body also. So (stop preaching/ live the peace life) show christian walk in good neighbors attitude. F E R M E N T add only little salt. (this is not cooking)

Thanks

• Thanks 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  211
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,463
  • Content Per Day:  0.21
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  01/23/1966

Chemie is a truth. Basic chemistry indeed.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Content Count:  5,269
  • Content Per Day:  0.97
  • Days Won:  1

Ferment made easy: real good – 2% salt.

9 hours ago, Zeisig said:

So let us go into: What is fermented food. (Please- do not post - videos. This should be a written thread.)

Anyone heard of so calles "fresh sour-Kraut" (verry german). On colyflower the additional bacteria can grow. [that is all there is to it.]

Besides my German grandmother making sour kraut for us grand kids, I developed a great liking for
Korean Kimchi in Viet Nam while serving with the Republic of Korea Marines, or the ROKs, 2nd Marine Brigade.
Us Americans could either eat our old  recycled C-rations in cans, or a fresh bowl of rice with a soup that had 'sea food'
containing kelp and sea weed, and whole small fish with little unknown sea creatures:) Every spoonful would have an eye staring at you.
To add flavor, the Koreans gave us a small can of Kimchi, to mix in the soup. And it was some kinda hot!

Kimchi is a spicy Korean side dish created from salted, fermented vegetables, usually cabbage and radishes.
It gets its unique kick from a paste made of chili powder, garlic, ginger, red pepper and sugar
and its recognizable tang from fish sauce.

Most Kimchi sold locally today is a fresh crisp kind, not like the fermented type. (Fermented tastes way better, and plenty spicier)

"The pickling of vegetables was an ideal method, prior to refrigerators, that helped to preserve the lifespan of foods. In Korea, kimchi was made during the winter by fermenting vegetables, and burying it in the ground in traditional brown ceramic pots called onggi.
Koreans consume a whopping 2 million tons of kimchi a year"

My kids know my like of kimchi and pick up some for me when they go to Asian markets.
Good for the 'forgotten organ', the gut.
My wife makes a small glass of Kefir for me a bout twice a week, and tastes terrible.
Really terrible. (But I tuff it out for her) She keeps a 'starter' batch going to make more.
It's full of vitamins and probiotics. It's safe to consume daily, and it may help create and
maintain a healthy balance of good bacteria in multiple systems within the body.

We have some 'well seasoned' home made sour kraut right now in the fridge she made.
Good stuff! Great topic, Zeisig  :thumbsup:

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Dearest neighbor, sower, an branches ofHim.. my best gretings - I like that! My fermenting:

Principal no- II is) A  charcole leave (to seperate) – put all under (a little) water. And everything is covered. (exept a few corners of this charcole leaf) For me: This thing is the utmost important "under-water-principle" in my fermentation. After this carefull measures ['all under water'] processes can than happen - totally without any oxigen. That means there will be the other types – of the verry slow growing bacterias be active (/ the others cant live long). Plus / you had already added - this minor quantity (of 2%) salt to your vegetabls. How [little/ or] much is just 20 gr / per kg? = 2 %.  To keep things 'fresh' and healthy – this is quite a dirffrent way of handeling food - / warm in autum for 3- 6 weeks. Before storing jars away. Than wait this 6 weeks for this verry fermenting process. As in german -'fresh-Sour Crout' - It is most precious ´VEGetable material – not stored in a frige.. I like that.

For the start - no I is this) I would cut and than wet my vegetable. I poor verry littel salt on top. I like to do this in slices- than spread 'them out' on a larger plate. I wait 10- 15 minutes. Some fluid comes out. Than put one by one slice on top of each other. Let the pile of slices do their first – part of 'the work' (put in a jar). Some more of this moist cell water comes out. Already after this time – I could stuff the howl vegetable realy tight into its final jar / with giving pressure by hand or with a wood.. there will come more fluid out. And it soon covers with its own water. // or I do add verry little 2% salty water.. Everything is valued (how much 'veg' did I have) – for roughly 20 gr per kilo vegetable. Later that can be without measuring. At first do the calculations. When more harvest comes – you could well start. It is always good to now gain – some experiance. Use this time. Find 5- 7 jars and do your own test-runs. (It can be small jam/ marmelad jars - to start with). & less of the 2% salt. Like 5 salt gr – for the 250 gr of 'vege'.

(Go back – to II:) And close the jar – well. And the best seperations [see II – above]- is acheaved with a larger leaf. Now I clean verry carfully – the sides (and upper prat) – of the full jar. Plus a little overflow – of the salty water – just on top of that vegetable charcole leaf. That closing is the most important part of it all. Verry precise work – keeps awai later problems. .. I do let some air / room – on top. There is some mixtures where extra-fluid water – will develop from this fermenting process. // In other jars – there can come a loss – and a lack of this water. We never know before. All this is meant with my gaining experience. But this fermenting is a rather simple technique, It will be easy to store. Sometimes smells a little. And for a period – you do controll what we have prepared. It will be healthy for .. [more dificult times]. It does keep/ contains – all the vitamins... I like that. Some say it is cruical to let your fermenting work with high quality water – also. It is not a lot of water that we need. Much of this is veg-cell water. I like to go into the jar- and find places with larger air bubbles. Bring all of this air out – in the begining of its process... again: Oxigen is not wanted. It would produce the other kind of (not wanted) bacterias.

It would be verry good to have more of this first experiance. Than to realy start on this fermenting – lets say in- september/ oktober.. when the kittchen gets warm (for the radiators-winter period). Than more optimal condition can come with regular > 30 C degrees (how much is that in farenheit??) comes -for the good fermenting.

Edited by Zeisig

Yes branches of HIM. This fermenting - one – is nutritional CHEMistry. „Let – only the most healthy – (and positive) gut like “ bacteria grow. That means this i all [carefully keeped] under water (and with a low anearob processes ) of chemistry.

// no other bacteria - can come.