IGNORED

Can God speak to ones' heart through Horton Hears a Hoo?

Gideon

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  79
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,177
  • Content Per Day:  0.30
  • Days Won:  1

Absolutely! Last night, sitting down with my very bored 3 year old adopted great grandson, he begged me to watch Horton Hears A Hoo. When he puts his little hands together as if praying and looks in my eyes and in his sweetest voice asks hopefully  "Please daddy?", I had no chance at all. So I say down to watch the classic Dr. Suess tale, expecting to be rhymed to death. Little did i know God would minister to me in a most unusual but powerful way. 

You remember the story. The elephant with ears that allowed him to hear for better than most, came across a small speck but this was no ordinary speck. It was a tiny microscopic planet where the  Hoo lived in Hooville. Remember?

Anyway, no one believed him and one, the kangaroo, withstood him and stirred up the others to ostracize him and want to destroy him, along with the speck Horton was determined to save, even if his friends did not believe he heard them or not. 

How did this minister to me in such a powerful way? Most of you who read my posts know the message I share, and pretty much do not believe I heard what I heard, or that it was not God at all, but an evil spirit. 

I have stood my ground, but not without wounds, lol. It is not much fun constantly having to defend oneself when people you truly want to help do not believe you.  Yet what God planted in my heart continues to work in me and offers a path to actually walking in the free indeed Jesus promised us. 

In the end, just as the kangaroo was inciting a riot against Horton, ready to kill him if he would not deny what he heard, the Hoo make a mighty noise that all of Hortons friends can hear, and they finally believe him and release him from his ostracized state.  

But the most touching part was when, after his release, Horton passes by all his now celebratory friends and sees the ashamed and dejected Kangaroo, who had been proven wrong. Horton actually had been hearing. She had simply not been able to her what he was. 

Horton had a right to be angry, to get even, but instead let forgiveness restore their relationship. And regardless of how many will scoff at this post,  or at  what I continue to share,  or at me personally, my heart remains FOR you. It started out that way, and it will remain that way.  

By that time, I was crying, amazed that God can even use Dr. Seuss as His tool for encouragement.  Look, I know many of you think I am either a false teacher or just totally deceived and full of self. Yet, from the get go, my intent  has not to bring fear, condemnation or discord into the lives of those who read my posts. Conviction? Yes. But simply because it is a broken heart, a hungry heart, a desperate heart that can hear what God is wanting us to hear. 

What I share is, I am convinced, the key to seeing the church awakened to actually live  what she believes. Will there be continued resistance? LOL Well, yeah. I am not stupid.  But as time passes, as God continues to work on us, I believe with all my heart that the awakening He had promised on these last days WILL occur. 

The discrepancy between what we say we believe and how we live and express it outwardly with be blown away like chaff, and His bride will not only be positionally holy, but in truth, without spot or wrinkle, so much so that even the lost in the world will see.... and  those who love the light, but not so much religion, will be amazed and come to the light that will be shining forth out of us. 

This is the harvest that we are to witness and yes, to be a part of, and it will be mind blowingly  glorious.  

Hoo promised this to us? LOL.

The God who said that 'eye has not seen, nor ear heard, nor even has entered  into the heart of man, what God has prepared for them that love Him'. ? 

Blessings, 

Gids

• Loved it! 2
  • Praise God! 1

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Content Count:  839
  • Content Per Day:  0.44
  • Days Won:  0

thank you for shareing this,  it was very intresting

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.29
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

When i am persecuted or slandered or whatever .    I simply say REJOICE .    let me bring us a reminder on the next post . 

• Thumbs Up 1

We are troubled on every side , yet not distressed , we are perplexed but not in despair . 
Persecuted , but not forsaken .    we are cast down , but not destroyed . 
Always bearing about in the body the Dying of the Lord JESUS , that THE LIFE also OF JESUS 
might be made MANIFEST in our body . 
For we which live are ALWAYS delivered unto death for JESUS SAKE 
that the LIFE ALSO of JESUS might be made manifest in our mortal flesh .

For our LIGHT affliction which is but for a moment worketh for us a far more EXCEEDING and eternal weight of Glory .
While we look NOT at the things which are SEEN , but at the things which are NOT SEEN 
for the things which aer seen are TEMPORAL 
But the things which are NOT SEEN are .................ETERNAL .      eyes on the KING and all affections above . 

We are CONFIDENT , i say , and WILLING RATHER to be absent from the body and to be PRESENT WITH THE LORD . 
wherefore we do labour , that whether we are absent  , still here on earth ,   or present , we may be ACCEPTED OF HIM . 

And HE said unto me , MY GRACE is SUFFICIENT for you .   For MY STRENGTH is made perfect in weakness .
MOST GLADLY therfore will i glory in my infirmities , that the POWER of CHRIST may rest upon me . 
Therefore I take PLEASURE in .............INFIRMITIES , in REPROACHES , in NECESSITIES ,  in PERSECUTIONS 
in DISTRESSES for CHRISTS sake , for when i am WEAK ,  THEN am i STRONG . 

LET us PONDER ON THIS FOR A WHILE . 

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  79
  • Content Count:  1,177
  • Content Per Day:  0.30
  • Days Won:  1

10 hours ago, frienduff thaylorde said:

We are troubled on every side , yet not distressed , we are perplexed but not in despair . 
Persecuted , but not forsaken .    we are cast down , but not destroyed . 
Always bearing about in the body the Dying of the Lord JESUS , that THE LIFE also OF JESUS 
might be made MANIFEST in our body . 
For we which live are ALWAYS delivered unto death for JESUS SAKE 
that the LIFE ALSO of JESUS might be made manifest in our mortal flesh .

For our LIGHT affliction which is but for a moment worketh for us a far more EXCEEDING and eternal weight of Glory .
While we look NOT at the things which are SEEN , but at the things which are NOT SEEN 
for the things which aer seen are TEMPORAL 
But the things which are NOT SEEN are .................ETERNAL .      eyes on the KING and all affections above . 

We are CONFIDENT , i say , and WILLING RATHER to be absent from the body and to be PRESENT WITH THE LORD . 
wherefore we do labour , that whether we are absent  , still here on earth ,   or present , we may be ACCEPTED OF HIM . 

And HE said unto me , MY GRACE is SUFFICIENT for you .   For MY STRENGTH is made perfect in weakness .
MOST GLADLY therfore will i glory in my infirmities , that the POWER of CHRIST may rest upon me . 
Therefore I take PLEASURE in .............INFIRMITIES , in REPROACHES , in NECESSITIES ,  in PERSECUTIONS 
in DISTRESSES for CHRISTS sake , for when i am WEAK ,  THEN am i STRONG . 

LET us PONDER ON THIS FOR A WHILE . 

Thank you brother. 

Gids

• Thumbs Up 1