IGNORED

Does anyone remember these British singers?

Debp

On 6/1/2020 at 11:17 PM, BeauJangles said:

The Beatles albums were absolutely better quality vinyl when Capitol started pressing Apple Corp. records. Much better. 

The Apple Corp. records were after my time.  By then I was working on manufacturing silicon wafers for the electronics and solar industries.

Edited by Saved.One.by.Grace
  • Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  43
  • Topic Count:  229
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  10,900
  • Content Per Day:  2.92
  • Days Won:  68
  • Birthday:  08/14/1954

34 minutes ago, Saved.One.by.Grace said:

in 1976 or 1977, Supertramp player a concert at the Santa Monica Civic Center, broadcast on FM radio which I recorded on reel-to-reel tape.  Great music in the '70s.

I saw Supertramp in 1977. Excellent concert! Fresno loved them and they loved Fresno. :heart:

• Loved it! 1

The audio ladies at Capitol Records used Pioneer Turntables and Headphones (very light) but the audio master booth was equipped with a Technics turntable and massive JBL speakers that could blow you out of the 9 x 9 room.  I was fond of Advent speakers at the time but they were just a little too crisp.  Marantz speakers were also good but nothing compared to JBL speakers to my ears.  So I kept on putting off buying new speakers until they just weren't a priority anymore.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  37
  • Topic Count:  540
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  32,959
  • Content Per Day:  5.05
  • Days Won:  233
  • Birthday:  02/23/1953

Ok so I have just read through this thread and I am feeling OLD  :emot-crying:  I remember almost all of them Oh and  " They are coming to take me away " was banned by the BBC so naturally it became a huge hit here 

• Thumbs Up 3

19 minutes ago, ladypeartree said:

Ok so I have just read through this thread and I am feeling OLD  :emot-crying:  I remember almost all of them Oh and  " They are coming to take me away " was banned by the BBC so naturally it became a huge hit here 

Wow. They banned that? Amazing. I hope you enjoyed some of my British Invasion memories. God bless!

22 minutes ago, ladypeartree said:

I am feeling OLD  :emot-crying: 

We must endure, dear heart. :consoling2:

Now. C'mere, and I gives ya a big ol' squishy hug! :bighug2:

(I'll wear a mask of course!) 

• Haha 2

7 hours ago, Saved.One.by.Grace said:

The audio ladies at Capitol Records used Pioneer Turntables and Headphones (very light) but the audio master booth was equipped with a Technics turntable and massive JBL speakers that could blow you out of the 9 x 9 room.  I was fond of Advent speakers at the time but they were just a little too crisp.  Marantz speakers were also good but nothing compared to JBL speakers to my ears.  So I kept on putting off buying new speakers until they just weren't a priority anymore.

My good fellow musician friend that was my playing buddy for many years had a pioneer receiver. I'm not sure of the model, it's been so many years now. He slowly built on it as money was rather snug for everyone back in the 1980's - 1990's. Has anything changed since then? Hardly! Anyway, he wanted some monster speakers like our mutual friend, a female attorney had.

She was quite well off of course, and could afford the very finest. He and I went together to an electronics store to purchase a most expensive pair of Cerwin Vega loud speakers. Oh, dear. Audio overkill. They were about $8oo for both and a bit of a stretch on his finances. He wanted them and bought them anyway. Bose, eat your hearts out. These things had massive sound!

Cerwin Vega the Loud Speaker Company. For more than 50 years Cerwin Vega has set the standard for high performance professional and home audio sound with the right products, at the right prices and award-winning innovations. Cerwin Vega pro audio, home audio, floorstanding, bookshelf, center-channel, subwoofer, speakers and amplifiers.
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 5/30/2020 at 4:12 AM, Debp said:

That reminds me of that rather odd male singer who sang Tiptoe through the Tulips in a falsetto voice!   Can't remember his name, was it Tiny Tim?    David should remember!   He had an odd look, played the ukelele, and eventually married "Miss Vickie." Wonder what happened to Miss Vickie?   I think the singer died.

Ah yes, Tiny Tim. I forgot to pick up on this one. Let me give you what's off the top of my head here. Tiny Tim's music was also in the nostalgia that was making a brief comeback during the latter 1960's. Styles from the 20's - 4o's were getting covered by quite a number of groups from the UK and also here in the US. 

Tiny Tim was quite a character. He made all the talk shows and doing his signature song and others from that era. Pretty way out guy and carried a satchel bag for the ukelele. He also did numerous comeback appearances as a personal invite on the Tonight Show with host, Johnny Carson. Tiny always had a song. 

He fell in love with Miss Vicky and Johnny had the wedding ceremony on TV Christmas Day evening. 11:30 pm PST. The two of them looked wonderful and the performance was very sweet. Tiny always referred to his wife as, Miss Vicky. Sometime later maybe a year or so, they had a baby girl and named her, Tulip. 

The marriage didn't last forever, though. Tiny Tim and Miss Vicky eventually divorced. Well, Tiny was kind of a strange person. I read somewhere he had obsessive compulsive disorder, (OCD). And Tiny Tim also admitted to being somewhat a germaphobe showering 7 times a day, and using Brawny paper towels. 

Tiny Tim passed away at the age of 69.
Tiny Tim ~ A Christmas Carol - "God bless us, everyone."

Edited by BeauJangles
  • Thumbs Up 2

5 hours ago, ladypeartree said:

You have company, at least.  I remember when Alice's Restaurant was controversial.

• Thumbs Up 1

4 minutes ago, Saved.One.by.Grace said:

You have company, at least.  I remember when Alice's Restaurant was controversial.

Yes, it was. I went to see the movie as a double feature with, I Love You, Alice B. Toklas. This starred, Peter Sellers. Also a pretty controversial film. The "brownie scene" was humorous. And I owned Arlo Guthrie's LP, Alice's Restaurant. Side One was an almost 25 minute song sung to a live audience. They loved it, but I really liked Arlo's tunes on Side Two. Very nice. 

• Thumbs Up 1